Arguably, some of the best players and unearthed gems play throughout the English Football Leagues, especially in the Championship.
With one of our most recent signings in Jack Clarke arriving from the Championship and potentially one more, Ryan Sessegnon currently readying for the new EFL Championship season, let’s have a look at the Championship’s most valuable players:
- Ryan Sessegnon – Fulham – £31.4 million – hopefully we will see Sessegnon gracing the new White Hart Lane next season (Guardian).
- Alfie Mawson – Fulham – £13.5 million (Linked with Spurs in 2018 – Daily Express)
- Jack Butland – Stoke City – £13.5 million (Linked with Spurs back in 2012 – SportsMole)
- Jay Rodriguez – West Bromwich Albion – £9 million (Linked to Spurs in 2018 – Burnley Express)
- Jarrod Bowen – Hull City – £9 million – (Linked with Spurs in 2019 – Football London)
- Josh Murphy – Cardiff City – £9 million
- Alex Pritchard – Huddersfield Town – £8.1 million – a recent Tottenham academy graduate – sold in 2016 (Goal).
- Adam Webster – Bristol City – £8.1 million
- Bradley Dack – Blackburn Rovers – £7.2 million – (Dack was linked with Tottenham in 2018 – talkSPORT).
- Ollie Watkins – Brentford – £7.2 million (Linked with Spurs in 2018 – Daily Mail).
- Tom Ince – Stoke City – £7.2 million (Linked to Spurs back in 2013 – Mirror).
- Kalvin Phillips – Leeds United – £7.2 million (Darren Bent linked the midfielder with Spurs this week – Football Insider).
Spurs Web Opinion:
Hopefully, we will secure the signature at the top of that list. Ryan Sessegnon is a very promising player with a lot of potential that, with the right manager, could see his current valuation dwarfed in the future.
It’s great to see former Spurs academy graduate Pritchard making a name for himself. All the best, Pritch.
Have something to tell us about this article?