The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium was named among the winners of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) National Awards 2021 this week.
The RIBA award is known as a mark of excellence in the architectural world and they have been celebrating outstanding work for over 180 years.
This is now the 17th industry award to have been won by the new stadium since it opened back in April 2019.
Not only does this victory bring with it a sense of pride and achievement for the team behind the stadium planning and building, but it also means the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is eligible for the prestigious 2021 Stirling Prize as ‘Building of the Year’.
The shortlist for Building of the Year will be released on September 16 and Tottenham will certainly be keeping an eye out for their possible inclusion.
Daniel Levy and co will now be hoping to match such success on the pitch in the coming months and years.
The full list of awards won by the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is as follows:
- Design Project of the Year at The Building Awards.
- Best Inclusive Building at LABC Awards (for Tottenham Experience).
- WIN (World Interiors News) Gold Award – for the general concourse design in the Leisure and Entertainment Interiors category.
- WIN (World Interiors News) Gold Award – for branding and wayfinding.
- WAN (World Architecture News) Bronze Award – for architecture in the Leisure category.
- Structural Steel Design Awards 2019 – Project of the Year.
- The Institution of Structural Engineers Award for Long-Span Structures.
- The Institution of Structural Engineers Award for Supreme Award for Engineering Excellence.
- AJ Architecture Awards – Leisure Project of the Year.
- TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards – Project of the Year.
- TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards – Interior & Fit-Out Award for the High Street Concourse.
- TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2020 – Venue of the Year.
- Mondo*dr Awards 2020.
- Prix Versailles Awards, Sports Category – World Special Prize for Interiors.
- LABC Building Excellence Awards – Best Large Commercial Project.
- RIBA London Awards, 2021.
- RIBA National Awards, 2021.
Spurs Web Opinion:
This is such an amazing achievement for the team behind the stadium, even if people will laugh it off and ask ‘does that count as a trophy?’ While there is no silverware to lift just yet, Tottenham have achieved so many great things over the past decade.
Have something to tell us about this article?