Rumoured Tottenham Hotspur target Nikola Milenkovic has refused to commit his future to Fiorentina, amidst speculation linking him with a move away from the Serie A outfit.
It has been claimed that Jose Mourinho wants to reinforce his options in central defence but it appears unlikely that Spurs will be able to bring a centre-back in before the January transfer window shuts in a couple of days.
It is a position that the club is likely to revisit in the summer, with Thursday’s 3-1 defeat against Liverpool once again highlighting the club’s frailties at the back.
One of the central defenders who is reported to be on Tottenham’s radar is Milenkovic, with Calcio Mercato revealing last month that the Serbian, who has just 18 months left to run on his contract, is unlikely to sign a new deal with Fiorentina.
Manchester United are also said to be keen on signing on landing the 23-year-old.
Milenkovic has now said that although he is happy in Florence, he will revisit his future at the end of the season.
“We only have to think about the match in Turin (against Torino on Friday). I feel good in Florence, I have always been very well received.
“But, I repeat, we will talk about this (my future) at the end of the season.”
Spurs Web Opinion
A new centre-back will likely be Jose Mourinho’s number one priority in the summer as it is clear that we do not have the personal to play the way the Portuguese coach wants to. However, I suspect he will want to bring in an experienced campaigner rather than an up and coming centre-half like Milenkovic.
Have something to tell us about this article?