‘What’s going on?’ – Pundit claims Spurs star will be puzzled by Conte’s decision

0
Antonio Conte
(Photo by Ahmad Mora/DeFodi Images via Getty Images)

Darren Bent has claimed that Dejan Kulusevski will be bewildered as to why he is not getting into Tottenham’s starting eleven ahead of Son Heung-min.

Son has managed just one goal contribution in eight matches this season (Transfermarkt) but Antonio Conte has continued showing faith in the South Korean, who has started every single game so far.

Kulusevski has been left on the bench for Tottenham’s last three games against Fulham, Marseille and Sporting Lisbon, with Son starting alongside Harry Kane and summer signing Richarlison.

Bent remarked that the South Korean appears a bit too keen to get off the mark at the moment, but suggested that goals will come for the 30-year-old.

He said: “If you’re Kulusevski, you are thinking, ‘what’s going on here?’ Because he’s been very, very good since arriving in January.”

Watch what the former Spurs striker said about Son in the full talkSPORT video below:

Spurs Web Opinion

I have no doubt that by the end of the season, this goal drought will be completely forgotten just as Harry Kane’s was last season.

The 30-year-old does seem anxious to get off the mark, which is perhaps leading to some poor decision-making.

I think his confidence will be back as soon as he scores his first and it could well come against Leicester on Saturday.

Have something to tell us about this article?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.