Why is billionaire Spurs owner Joe Lewis in town?

13
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Dom Le Roy

Billionaire Spurs owner Joe Lewis is in town, and he really knows how to make an entrance.

Lewis sparked fury among residents as he parked his £113m superyacht outside a set of upmarket flats on the Thames, blocking their view from their windows.

To put the 321ft Aviva in perspective, Spurs spent around £100m total on the likes of Lloris, Trippier, Davies, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dier, Dembele, Alli, Eriksen, Son and Kane.

That means that the billionaire’s yacht, which boasts a full-sized tennis court, is worth more than a strong Tottenham starting XI.

Mr Lewis, who is now 80-years-old, rarely makes a trip to support the club, as he spends most of the year living in the Bahamas next door to Sean Connery.

However, the Spurs owner did grow up from humble beginnings, starting as a waiter in his family’s café, before starting his own businesses under the name Tavistock Banqueting.

From there he opened restaurants, super clubs, tourist shops, before investing in currency trading.

But why is he back in London?

Could it be something to do with the new Spurs stadium delays?

Could he be having a meeting with Daniel Levy?

It remains to be seen.

Have something to tell us about this article?

13 COMMENTS

  1. How can you call it humble beginnings when his family owned a Restaurant he may have been a humble waiter but he knew one day it was going to be his , he was learning the trade from the bottom up just like any other potential big shot in the families business .

  2. it is hurricane season in the carribean, also if chelsea are for sale at £2.5bn with a stadium to build which will costs more than the spurs one he sees a deal

  3. It maybe hurricanes season in the caribbean, but it has been that for several months already. Living in Florida, I am very aware of hurricane season!

  4. Who actually gives a fuck why Joe Lewis is in town? He can go where the fuck he wants without permission from anyone. Stop trying to make a story out of nothing.

  5. “That means that the billionaire’s yacht, which boasts a full-sized tennis court, is worth more than a strong Tottenham starting XI.”

    It isn’t NOW! Kane is worth £200m on his own. Doubt you’d get any change out of £500m for that lot of players NOW! Jo Lewis could now buy 5 of those yacht’s with the cash from the sale of those players!

    Joe Lewis doesn’t own Spurs. ENIC have the controlling interest in Spurs! They have 85.55% of Spurs shares. Joe Lewis (through Tavistock Group) and Daniel Levy own ENIC. Levy (via his family interests) owns 29.4% of ENIC. Lewis owns the remaining 70.6% of ENIC. Why can’t people get their facts right!

  6. Perhaps he found out that there is a sale on at TM Lewin. Who know, who cares ?
    As for blocking windows – really ?
    No story here –
    Waste of electricity

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.