Spurs have accepted defeat and will end the pursuit for Jack Grealish after being told he is not for sale at any price, according to journalist Ben Pearce.
After lodging a bid believed to be worth £25m, Aston Villa’s new owner stated their star man was categorically not for sale.
It was stated by Steve Bruce, Spurs ‘would have to find a premium’ to sign Grealish but just days later the Aston Villa officials took the player off the market.
It is believed Jack Grealish was ‘disappointed’ and ‘disillusioned’ after being promised a move to Spurs earlier in the summer.
Although it is believed the 22-year-old still wants the move to happen, the youngster will not go on strike to force a move through.
Villa boss Steve Bruce appeared to be under the impression the midfielder would be sold after Monday nights 3-1 victory over Hull.
This leaves Spurs as the only Premier League side not to have signed anyone in this summer’s transfer window and with under six hours currently remaining it is beginning to look less likely of changing.
Spurs fans, is this a bullet dodged or a missed opportunity?
#thfc From what I've been told, Spurs aren't planning to bid again for Jack Grealish because they've been told by Aston Villa that he's not for sale at any price.
— Ben Pearce (@BenPearceSpurs) August 9, 2018
Have something to tell us about this article?