Spurs Web
Borodin

If Kane Asks To Leave This Summer......

If Kane Asks To Leave This Summer   

8 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How do you think the club should react if Harry hands in a transfer request ?

• Respect his wishes, put a reasonable price on his head (£130m-£150m) and do everything to help the lad move on with our blessings and thanks
    • Totally reject the transfer request and insist that he honours his contract regardless of any incoming offers and how that may affect his future performances
    • Accept the request but put an astronomical asking price on his head of £200m (at least) which would almost certainly deter most clubs for another season
    • None of the above...you have a better idea and will share it with us here.....

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/24/21 at 09:23 AM

32 minutes ago, Jay Kane said:

Dissapointing,I can’t see us getting fourth,he will be on his way and I don’t blame him the club just doesn’t match his ambitions,the problem is how do you replace the irreplaceable,aguero maybe????

Excellent idea. I don't think Aguero would join us unless Harry has moved on but I'd happily have him.

52 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

He's got a contract - keep him to it

Even at the risk of having a very unhappy and extremely miffed Harry Kane on the pitch next season ? Don't we owe it to the lad to give him his freedom if he asks for it (provided we get the right price of course). ?

Kane has done as much as he can, he will not win anything of note at spurs and should leave. He’d have most fans blessing I think, if spurs had pots of money to spend and had built a better team around him great. 

In hindsight Levy was wrong to blame the malaise of 2019-20 campaign on Poch and has royally fucked up getting Jose in. Kane and the players will realise this and he won’t be the only one looking to leave. 

such a shame with the squads we’ve had and all the those top 4 finishes spurs couldn’t push that last bit and make some top signings rather than keep relying on promising players. I can’t see tottenham being regular top 4 now for a while unless they go crazy in transfer market and get decent manager in that plays to the squads strengths. Jose has wasted all the attacking talent at his disposal. 

Good luck Harry, I hope it’s not to another English club but fear it will be City. 

As for Aguero as replacement, he’s only going to get worse and pick up more injuries. Plus can’t see Jose even playing him. 

I actually think levy will refuse to sell and make him unhappy. That’s my gut feeling. 

Harry has given his all for the club. I think he signed on for 6 years as he believed the club was genuinely prepared to do what it takes to become a top European cub and winning trophies. They have failed. 

He loves the club, but like Bale, knows he is world class, and wants to play regularly in the CL and to win trophies. If the club is managed in a way that doesn't provide those wants, I cannot think of a single reason to force him to see out a long contract - after all, long contracts only benefit the club as they can sell the player. 

As much as I want to see Harry stay, I feel he should follow his dream with a club that can provide it. 

COYS 

I think much depends on whether Levy sticks with Mourinho or twists and gets in someone new. (Assuming there is someone available and keen).

A new manager would obviously be keen for Kane to stay and would want the opportunity to sell their vision to the squad.

With the Euros coming this summer we might not see any big player moves until after the tournament. Logistics are harder to sort beforehand and you’re slightly worried (as a buyer) about potential burn out/injury of your target player. 

So this situation might mean Levy has a bit of time to work on the manager/squad/Kane situation in the summer,  we’ll see!

It might also mean that some retiring international managers become available after the tournament. Can’t remember who manages who these days, but maybe that’s another angle to consider.

The only way Harry will stay is if we qualify for Champion's League or win the Carabao Cup. Top four is now (to my mind) impossible and the only chance this squad has to beat City is if José is sacked immediately and a caretaker is brought in until the end of the season. This would immediately lift the dark clouds that have been hanging over the dressing room and possibly give the team the lift it needs to meet the challenge. I'd take Tim Sherwood to give everyone a much needed boost around the place and get a smileon player's faces again. Watching that video of Son after the Man Utd game really brought it home to me how low morale must be.

I have read that DL has absolutely no intention of letting Harry go. I have also read it is only to the UK top clubs and he would not sell for less than £150 million to a European club. 

It raises an interesting point in the case of Harry. He is obviously is worth an enormous amount to buy. So, even if Harry is adamant he wants to go, if no one is prepared to come anywhere near to his worth, he can't leave. Just how is the problem solved.

DL is running a business and can't let sentiment allow the club the throw away a fortune by giving him away. Harry will understand this but emotionally may well feel unhappy at missing out on his dream and will struggle to play to his best. But if Harry is forced by circumstances to stay, that adds to the problem. The club is paying out top Tottenham wages for a player possibly no longer delivering and and losing value in the transfer market. Harry is getting older, slipping behind in his scoring targets and perhaps top clubs looking at younger strikers. It is a lose, lose for both parties and I just can't see a compromise solution. 

I have never been a fan of Mourhino. I know there are different opinions on here as to why this season has fallen apart, but I have always blamed Mourinho. I well never forgive him. Not because he has failed to deliver, but because he has besmirched the good name of THFC and will be leaving behind some almost insoluble problems. 

COYS 

This is just a scenario that occured to me at 11.30pm and after a couple of large red wines.

It's the end of the season, we've finished 8th and Daniel Levy is sitting in his office with his head in his hands and totally regretting his decision to appoint Mourinho. Maybe he regrets the sacking of Poch too.  There's a knock on his door... it's Harry saying that next season he would like to leave and play for PSG and he would hope that Daniel would respect his wishes, especially after all he has done for the club. PSG then make a formal bid of £130m (proceeds from the as yet unannounced sale of Mbappe).

Under those circumstances if I were Chairman I would shake Mr. Kane by the hand and sincerely wish him every possible success with his new club, then go and give José the boot...would you ??

55du35.jpg

On 4/10/2021 at 12:37 PM, Jay said:

Dissapointing,I can’t see us getting fourth,he will be on his way and I don’t blame him the club just doesn’t match his ambitions,the problem is how do you replace the irreplaceable,aguero maybe????

Aguero would be a real asset.

That said, for me, it is just pie in the sky wishful thinking along the lines of all those posts over the last few weeks saying we could still finish 4th.

Unfortunately , the sad fact is that persuading any half decent players to join us is highly unlikely. We just have to face the truth that next season we are likely to be back to the level we were at when Poch arrived starting from scratch. :387637640_em3: 

COYS 

I think Kane is a player on another level from most simply because he is a different man to most.  His work ethic and commitment are incredible, his ego in check and he does genuinely care about the fans, the Club and his Country.  This is the reason he has become the player he is today, shedding the one season wonder accolades and fighting through multiple injuries far quicker than reasonably expected.  He is proof that belief, hard work and dedication really can propel you forward.  If Kane wants out and I am not sure that is the case, he will be granted that wish.  Of that I am sure. But, I am not sure he really wants that because unlike the vast majority of today’s players he is not pushed by greed of money, or fame.  Of course he wants to win but if he feels he can win at Spurs I feel that would be his first wish.  Levy did not stand in Eriksen’s way when he asked to leave so there is no way he stands in Kane’s.  I’m sure there are records he wants to break at Spurs as well.  Whatever his decision I will respect it. What happens between today and the summer window opening will be key as well as the Euros.

fingers crossed he decides to stay, we get a progressive Manager in and Levy backs him fully.

8 minutes ago, Alonso said:

I think Kane is a player on another level from most simply because he is a different man to most.  His work ethic and commitment are incredible, his ego in check and he does genuinely care about the fans, the Club and his Country.  This is the reason he has become the player he is today, shedding the one season wonder accolades and fighting through multiple injuries far quicker than reasonably expected.  He is proof that belief, hard work and dedication really can propel you forward.  If Kane wants out and I am not sure that is the case, he will be granted that wish.  Of that I am sure. But, I am not sure he really wants that because unlike the vast majority of today’s players he is not pushed by greed of money, or fame.  Of course he wants to win but if he feels he can win at Spurs I feel that would be his first wish.  Levy did not stand in Eriksen’s way when he asked to leave so there is no way he stands in Kane’s.  I’m sure there are records he wants to break at Spurs as well.  Whatever his decision I will respect it. What happens between today and the summer window opening will be key as well as the Euros.

fingers crossed he decides to stay, we get a progressive Manager in and Levy backs him fully.

Great post !

On 4/11/2021 at 11:30 AM, Cromulentmart said:

He's got a contract - keep him to it

I understand the thought behind that, Crom. However if he is hell bent on leaving, how can you make him play to his best if he is unhappy. That is my concern.

COYS

An article in the Independent paper is suggesting Kane will push for a move if we are not playing in the CL. They say Mbappe is wanted by RM and with only 1 year left on his contract, PSG may well sell him this window rather than lose him on a free in 1 year. 

They say Poch would like Harry as his replacement and could find the £150 million that is the likely price DL wants. They add that PSG are the favourite over the 2 Manchester clubs. It implies that Poch and Harry got on very well and both would be happy if the transfer happened. 

Rumours about Harry are increasing and may simply be speculation. However, this is one that carries possibilities. I'm leaning more to the possibility of Harry going which saddens me. 

COYS 

51 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

If PSG fail to win the CL and don't finish top in their league, will Poch even be there next season?

I think they'll give him another season. It was only January 2nd he was appointed. Neymar has announced he is staying but Mbappe is yet to commit. I think he may well leave in which case PSG could use Poch as the bait to sign Harry Kane to replace him. I am sure CL success or failure will determine the fate of some of their players but I think Poch is safe for 21/22 which will be his first full term in charge. Definitely be interesting to see who comes and goes in the transfer window.

24 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I think they'll give him another season. It was only January 2nd he was appointed. Neymar has announced he is staying but Mbappe is yet to commit. I think he may well leave in which case PSG could use Poch as the bait to sign Harry Kane to replace him. I am sure CL success or failure will determine the fate of some of their players but I think Poch is safe for 21/22 which will be his first full term in charge. Definitely be interesting to see who comes and goes in the transfer window.

You are probably right, but who the hell can predict it all - it's bonkers this year !

10 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

How much of an effect of no fans in the ground had? Perhaps some normality may return next season if we are allowed back in the grounds.

COYS

It's probably been a good thing when you consider how much booing would have taken place at some of the performances :em21: