Spurs Web
gstyle76

why is adebayor still playing ?

I am not one for slagging off players, but he is awful. He doesn't run for the ball, seems to stand still a lot. At least with Defoe he runs round chasing the ball will get to midfield and assist. 

Yes he was good when he was on loan scoring goals, but he seems only capable of putting in tap ins. I feel he needs to go and we buy a new striker and we keep hold of Defoe. 

I don't for one second doubt that he has talent, you don't get to play for the teams he has done if you're useless. The problem is he just doesn't really care that much, only plays when he wants to.

Unfortunately the best goal he's ever scored at the Lane was for A*senal.

I don't for one second doubt that he has talent, you don't get to play for the teams he has done if you're useless. The problem is he just doesn't really care that much, only plays when he wants to.

Unfortunately the best goal he's ever scored at the Lane was for A*senal.

That was the best goal he has ever scored.

Not signing a forward in January was criminal. We had no hope of getting Damiao, but we still should of signed someone else. Even go down to the championship if needs be, plenty of talent there. You knew that Defoe would get injured as soon as the window shut, its not even funny how predictable this is and how easily it could have been averted. You can't play out a PL season with two strikers, can't be done.

The comment about Defoe not being a good partner is spot on. Defoe does one of three things every game, in differing proportions:-

1. Gets off side too often;

2. Doesn't see a player in a better position and a scoring opportunity is missed;

3. Scores.

The problem is he doesn't do 3 enough for a lone striker and we lose everything in the air when he's up front. Frankly, if Defoe doesn't score 15 Premier goals every season, you have to ask is he worth it? Adebayor does make a difference in terms of the team flowing but he still doesn't score enough either. It's the old story, merge the two and you have a really good striker. I think we should ditch both and get two new, fresh strikers in.Defoe's now in his late 20's?

I think there have been some limited signs that Adebayor is coming back to some form but he still looks to me like he is suffering from a serious lack of confidence.

JWS.