Belgrano president Luis Artime has shed light on what Cristian Romero is doing back in Cordoba as anger erupts in Tottenham about the centre-back not supporting his teammates.
Given the devastating effects relegation could have on Tottenham’s long-term health, one can argue that Sunday’s clash against Everton is the biggest match in the club’s history.
That is why there is anger among Spurs fans that Romero will not be supporting his teammates from the sidelines and will instead be watching his beloved Belgrano face River Plate in the final of the Argentine championship.
The 28-year-old’s latest decision has only added to the growing impression among the supporters that the centre-back does not care about Tottenham.

Tottenham captain Cristian Romero is training with Belgrano
Roberto De Zerbi insisted that he cannot question Romero’s commitment, suggesting that the decision to continue his rehabilitation back in his home country was taken alongside the Spurs’ medical staff.
Belgrano president Luis Artime has now revealed that the Tottenham star has been out on the club’s training field this week as he steps up his recovery ahead of the World Cup.
Artime told TyC Sports (as relayed by Sport Witness): “Yesterday he was training and I told him I think he’s going to be the one who arrives at the World Cup in the best shape. I’ve seen him, and he’s in great form. He’s going to arrive well-rested, ready to join the team at its peak.
“The rest are still competing. They’re all coming off tough competitions. Cuti has had a month and a half or two months of rest, during which he’s preparing very well and will be one of the best. He’s already working with the ball. He came with the national team’s physio.”
Journalist suggests Romero has sent a sign regarding his future
It is impossible to ignore the fact that this is happening amid heavy speculation suggesting Romero is on his way out of Tottenham this summer.
De Zerbi has refused to comment on the Spurs captain’s future so far, but Argentine journalist Lucas Gatti believes that the centre-back has just given a sign that he is on his way out.
Gatti wrote on X: “There’s a lot of anger in London over Cuti Romero’s absence on Sunday in the Tottenham vs. Everton match. If Cuti’s team loses, they’ll be relegated. They were expecting him to be there to support his teammates, but he’s in Argentina. A sign of his departure in June.”
