Spurs Web
CigarGuy

Where do we finish?

I don't know, its really open and a lot of sides are in with a shout.  It is great for the PL that we could see the possibility of four-six teams who could have a say come May.  Amazing to think we are sitting six points off the top and some on here were saying the priority is just get to forty points!  Our home form has been appalling but we've had some well fought away victories and with a buoyant home following, who knows.  I'd love to shut those arrogant supporters from Woolwich.  One of the strangest months as a spurs fan; so much depression but somehow we are mixing it with the top half.  If the players, board, fans can get all together we could still experience something great.

Currently I think it'll end like this:

City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

ManU 

Everton

Spurs

At the start of the season I was hoping for 4th (and I thought that was playing it on the safe side lol), but that's not going to happen I'm afraid. Glad that I don't see the Arse finishing on top though due to their lacking squad depth and rather poor strikers.

I tend to agree with 7th...too much upheaval and instability at Spurs this season, and the other clubs are really on form right now . 7th spot behind Everton. 5th if we're fortunate and Everton start to fall away (which I can't see happening as I rate Martinez very highly and Everton are a team that battles). I just can't see Spurs getting Top 4

It's wide open. Our away form is best in the league and last year our away form was second only to Man U. If we can sort the home form out it is job done and we can still finish top 4. I think part of the problem at home has been teams coming to the Lane and playing with 10 men behind the ball, whilst our slow play has not been able to open them up. Maybe with a new impetus we can open up these teams and win more games. we will find out against WBA and Stoke in our next 2  games

I REALLY do wish I could be as optimistic as you are.

I just have seen NOTHING to indicate that?!

Every time Spurs play I feel we can win. It's as simple as that.

I think Man City will pull away from the pack and win the PL by a decent margin, with Chelsea boring their way to second. Then we have Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Everton and Newcastle, none of whom have been consistently good in their performance standards so far (although Arsenal have managed to win). We have had a shocking month, but Sherwood has had only 3 games in charge and we have 8 players out injured.

I am not promising Spurs will finish 4th, but I think we can finish fourth. Some silly bastard said on here the other day that we need to ensure we get our 40 points - is that the right attitude?

We will improve under Sherwood and we will start winning the close games again. We have better players than a few of those above us but have been blighted by injuries, bad luck and inconsistency of selection. 

When you had a shit manager who bought many crap players, yes, this is my attitude. 40 points becomes a task.

My god you really have a shit attitude!

So damn defeatist. Do not enter my trench in a fight, I'd shoot you myself....bad for morale.

None of our purchases are shit, bet you said the same about GB in his first 2 season. Numpty.

I sadly think yet again not top 4. Too much this season so far things just haven't gone our way, today Reid staying on the pitch after Erikson booked for the same type of tackle earlier, Newcastles Krul laying the best game ever and not likely to be reproduced for the rest of his career, god that game alone could have doubled our goal tally. So many injuries is crucial areas all at once, I was an AVB supporter to a degree and felt Levy was a tad premature and we got seriously spanked by City and the scouse lot with what can only be said a makeshift defence against and I'm happy to put it on record, that both teams will be bidding for most goals scored, it's also true that on many occasions we looked clueless lazy and slow. I hope Sherwood can inject something to pick us up as I feel we don't deserve a top 4 finish the way we have been playing. Can't always blame the new players as time is needed to adjust to the PL which begs a question did we need 6 new ones at once or a couple of tried and tested faces. I reckon it will come good more to the end of the season when I sadly feel it would be too late and then we balance on that nearly team again and do we watch the likes of Lloris & Vertonghen moving on. I would love to be proved wrong but I didn't see it today

I always want us to do well, and be playing in Europe.

However I think for one season it might be worth going without it. Even if we have a bigger squad, injuries have crocked us and without our critical players we look/are shit.

I'm afraid for me it's champions league or nothing I think the Europa league is a massive distraction Everton/Newcastle and Liverpool are all doing wonders without that stupid overrated cup which only gets good after the quarter finals.