Spurs Web
CJW1968

AVB OUT NOW! Long has long been enough! POLL included

sack him or keep him  

30 members have voted

1. 1. would you sack him or keep him?

The usual Spurs Groundhog Day conundrum:The current manager looks like he is going to be sacked but we will appoint somebody who will last only a couple years anyway after yet more under achievement.

We can shout for AVB to be sacked as loud as we like but can we trust Levy to appoint the right replacement?.

No mate.

The usual Spurs Groundhog Day conundrum:The current manager looks like he is going to be sacked but we will appoint somebody who will last only a couple years anyway after yet more under achievement.

We can shout for AVB to be sacked as loud as we like but can we trust Levy to appoint the right replacement?.

Indeed.

Slagged us off as well, said we shouldn't be getting beat 5 nil at home with the quality we have in our side.

Good mate,if that fuck gets the job,and I hate to think it,let alone say it,then I will give up on football for good.

Gary Neville at least he make sense when he talks

I honestly think that AVBs biggest problem is his age,Neville is a brilliant pundit and one day,may be a very good manager,but I just don't see young managers getting respect the need to command.

Don't think the game really taught us anything we didn't already know. We don't have a left back. Dawson is too slow for high line defending. We don't provide any service to a man we paid 20 million plus to get.

We can get away with these things against smaller teams but against the top 4 these weaknesses become horribly exposed. Think most people could have called looking at our team before the game exactly what would happen. A very depressing Sunday.

Good point by Shelfside. Levy does not have a good record in this regard or am I still an AVB apologist? I like the guy. I had (have) high hopes for what he can achieve, but so far this season he's not covered himself in glory and us with confidence. Who else is out there? All damaged goods, the least pethaps neing Di Matteo. Is Levy looking at Capello? If so, why what will Cappello bring except experience and that is dubious in itself. Baldini is supposed to be there to guide AVB,not set the table for the return of his former boss.

I still have faith in AVB, the players need to take a long hard look in the mirror and think ' have I given my all for the cause today'

I know the manager picks the team but that starting 11 should have been able to compete with Liverpool.

A blessing in disguise that Paulinho got sent off as at least he won't be automatic first pick for midfield.

Sometimes a managers hand needs to be forced before he sees the light. Bale never had a look in under Harry til Benny went to African nations cup.

Keep the faith people

I have been one of the staunchest defenders of AVB...and I think sacking him needs to be really thought through. I'll make it clear from the outset, I want him to keep his job. But if he is going to be sacked then it shouldn't be a knee-jerk reaction...Capello? Obviosly not an improvement or long term option. Hiddink isn't a long term option either.

We can't because Levy doesnt know anything about football.

I said we need continuity, but I dont think AVB is the man for it.

His lack of flexibility and the fact that he has major fundamental errors in his methods mean he is a recipe for disaster.

The players havent helped him much by not showing any fight, but how do we know that the next manager will get the players fighting for him?