Spurs Web
CJW1968

Sherwood given job to end of the season apparently

The most important aspect is that Levy didn't hang around. The doubt has gone and the new team can now buckle down and get some work done.

None of us know whether this will be a successful appointment, but kudos to Levy for not hanging around.

Lets back a manager for once.

Lets show some loyalty for once.

Lets actually work as a team for once behind the scenes.

Is he the right man for the job? We'll find out in due course, but I predict they'll be negativity from some quarters until he's sacked no matter how successful he is. 

This appointment will show how small time we are as fans.

Fans hated Harry and wanted him out.

He gets sacked and we appoint AVB.

Fans hate AVB and want him sacked.

Now fans hate Sherwood and want him to fail.

I just want the club to be successful.

Shrewd by levy, if he does well he will continue next season, if not he will be shown the door end of this season, that's how I read it?

Problem is there is no short term fix. Levy has to back a manager through the good times and bad times otherwise we'll never be successful.

Clubs are either successful by.

Spending hundreds of millions buying trophies and managers.

Stability and loyalty. Supporting the manager and not fucking him when his backs turned.

Lets back a manager for once.

Lets show some loyalty for once.

Lets actually work as a team for once behind the scenes.

Is he the right man for the job? We'll find out in due course, but I predict they'll be negativity from some quarters until he's sacked no matter how successful he is.

This appointment will show how small time we are as fans.

Fans hated Harry and wanted him out.

He gets sacked and we appoint AVB.

Fans hate AVB and want him sacked.

Now fans hate Sherwood and want him to fail.

I just want the club to be successful.

Amen. Whoever is doing the job, just get behind them and hope we can improve...

Shrewd by levy, if he does well he will continue next season, if not he will be shown the door end of this season, that's how I read it?

Me too mate!

But don't blame the fellow, when the likes of AVB and others are taking £4m for a years work!

Apparently, Van Gaal still being lined up, with Hiddink already agreed to take over Holland at the end of the WC!

Everyone's happy, Levy gets an interim for now, Gaal gets his premiership club and Sherwood gets paid out if doesn't work out. Question is, what if Tim's successful?

Anyway enjoy it for now, all aboard another roller coaster ride from THFC and Levy in particular!

That's the way im reading it, not sure how happy iam with the decision would have preferred to see a few more games under Tim. If hhe doesn't do well then we're have a few more candidates after wc. Hope he does the job but I'm a little concerned about his tactical abilities. Big big decision.

Surprised that the announcement has been made now. What with Arsenal playing, and Tim Sherwood's Dad sitting in his season ticket seat at the Emirates. And Tim cheering them on as he ""loves to see them do well." These recent statements of his will come back to haunt him. Big time!

It's also a high starting point. To get appointed when you are only 6 points off the top is not bad at all.

Good shout Crom!

I think he knows that as well, that's what's giving him a bit of a boost. Ain't like he's been appointed into a smaller club with a small squad to go in a relegation scrap!

Well I hope not anyway! Ha Ha....

to all the neggys on here, get behind him. Think positive and not negative. Whoever we appointed there would be people who would moan. Making negatives before the bloke's been given a chance is not good. As to long term contracts, it makes no odds. Even if we appointed someone on a 5 year contract Levy would sack him if he didn't do the job.

I for one will be wishing him well and getting behind the boys on Boxing Day!

Maybe he is not good in tactics. But under Tim I saw some good football in both games. And joy, and spirit.

Let's back him and see what he can until the end of the season.

Nobody should dream of finishing better than 6th, but it's very important how we play and to bring us hope.

Yes but it is a huge gamble! Levy has just taken a punt with this one. Rolled the dice and let's see what happens. He has absolutely no managerial experience whatsoever. I stood behind him at Kingstonian's ground last summer, when a Spurs XI packed full of under 18s played not the might of AFC Wimbledon but Kingstonian. To go from that level to this in just one year is incredible. Not doubt his mouthiness has convinced Levy to give him a chance. But it is one huge, huge risk! And smacks of when Alan Sugar appointed George Graham for me. A last chance, one for the road for the out-going chairman. I feel this will be the last managerial engagement by Levy.