Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
BlockFeet

Latest rumours

Soldado, Townsend 20-25million combined.

Lennon 7 mill. Vlad + Ade 8-10 mill combined. Best case = £42 million. Worst case = £35.

Building: A state of the art training ground. A 61,000 seater Stadium. An as a result of this and more importantly, A TEAM! I believe

Poch/Levy are investing in young hungry players, who truly want to be apart of what is being sold to them by both club and

the manager. Agree, as individual players not many would command a regular place in the 4 sides above us. But as a Unit, Sqaud,Team.

I can see us being a match for anyone this season. Chelski, granted are probably nailed on! Manchester (both) have question marks at

the back. And Woolwich you can get amongst (We have the players, Bentaleb, Mason, Vert, Toby, Rose, Walker, to mix it in my opinion) and unsettle. Add a ready made CDM, plus a Berihino and Bollase and in my opinion we have a squad of players that will

give us the ability to compete, in every sense.

Ps, The Vlad thing was an attempt at humour. Which obviously failed!!!

Also with respect , we could get amongst Arsenal , are you kidding , they would tear us to ribbons right now , i think your being a little to optimistic with our signings , if you think we have a chance to sign 3 of the 4 players you mentioned , then i think your certainly a glass over flowing kinda guy ... this is Spurs buddy .

Where do you get the 35 million total from mate?

And can you explain what you think it is we are building because I to am a very proud supporter and God do I love my Spurs but I fail to get your quote.

Wether we like it or not the arse are in a different league to us, if you ask yourself how many of our players would get into the arse team only Harry fits for me, maybe jan at his peak. Not even Hugo now they have cech.

And Man U will now be 20 points ahead of us finishing in the top 2-3. They have bought superbly.

We have bought 3 average- potentially good defenders.

I'll be very interested to read your reply cus I don't think we are building a team capable of anything other than a 6th placed finish.

spot on

Soldado, Townsend 20-25million combined.

Lennon 7 mill. Vlad + Ade 8-10 mill combined. Best case = £42 million. Worst case = £35.

Building: A state of the art training ground. A 61,000 seater Stadium. An as a result of this and more importantly, A TEAM! I believe

Poch/Levy are investing in young hungry players, who truly want to be apart of what is being sold to them by both club and

the manager. Agree, as individual players not many would command a regular place in the 4 sides above us. But as a Unit, Sqaud,Team.

I can see us being a match for anyone this season. Chelski, granted are probably nailed on! Manchester (both) have question marks at

the back. And Woolwich you can get amongst (We have the players, Bentaleb, Mason, Vert, Toby, Rose, Walker, to mix it in my opinion) and unsettle. Add a ready made CDM, plus a Berihino and Bollase and in my opinion we have a squad of players that will

give us the ability to compete, in every sense.

Ps, The Vlad thing was an attempt at humour. Which obviously failed!!!

If you think the likes of Bolasie and berahino will get us top 4, you're sadly mistaken. They are both decent players but not anyone who will take us to the next level.

Anyways, in other news, we are linked with the likes of Timo Werner, Sven Bender, and Christoph Kramer. Personally Sven Bender would be a brilliant signing, but I'm not sure if he would want to join us anyways. Also there was a photo of soldado on the way to spain with a quote saying "I don't know" when someone asked him if he was going to be playing for us next season. Transfer imminent? Who knows. We still have to shift out ade (who i think will actually leave this summer), lennon, and townsend (i pray to any spiritual being out there to make this happen).

Again, I think we will bring in a striker, and a central midfielder, but I'm not too confident about a winger (at least not in this transfer window). I think walker might be used as a right winger or pritchard will be used before he makes a decision to bring someone in (in january). But a winger could come in if the season starts off poor and pritchard needs more time in cup games. Time will tell. This is Spurs after all.

Also with respect , we could get amongst Arsenal , are you kidding , they would tear us to ribbons right now , i think your being a little to optimistic with our signings , if you think we have a chance to sign 3 of the 4 players you mentioned , then i think your certainly a glass over flowing kinda guy ... this is Spurs buddy .

Ok!

We don't pay the wages to get any superstars in... For us to make Top 4 you are looking at one of Cuntski.Goons, Man U and city having a seriously shit season. Unlikely........

The sixth best team in the league usually finishes where????

We are a work in progress and I suspect for the next 5-10 seasons we will remain anywhere within the 5th to 8th position.

Only once our stadium is paid for can we move on properly as a club who will pay the big bucks to bring in the quality players for now, not ones for potential in 3-4 years.

Until that day any of our players who show potential will move on to a bigger salary somewhere else. 

I find it very interesting that a lot of folks on here are ragging on this potential signing or that potential signing with words to the effect of "decent but not someone who can/will help get us to Top 4". I remember this time last year many folks on this board saying the very same thing about one Mr Harry Kane. How many would say that today? Conversely, I remember 2 years ago at this time many saying that the Soldado signing was brilliant, that it was wonderful to finally have have a "proper" striker and that he was certain to help us to Top 4.

Point being....all you gents who think you know, well, you don't have a clue and neither do I. Not for certain. And news flash...neither do Levy or Poch, not for certain. If they did would they have signed Stambouli? Fazio?

Let it play out on the pitch, gents. That is the only way to be sure.

Cool point mate,,I have been saying that sort off point off view before,,,I.e bale,,modric,,Hugo,,Spurs have had some gambles pay off when buying players,,and obviously some bad ones,,,but every club buys shite,,so far we have brought well IMO,,defensively ,,we have lots of young midfielders ,,,we need a left winger,,,and a couple of strikers,

I believe what will see us go at least one better position in 2015/16 is that MP is building a talented squad of players with a great work

ethic and real Team, Club spirit. Players playing for the shirt!

An for me, that will be the advantage we will have over Manchester and Woolwich.

COYS!

Berahino is a good signing imo. He's not a complete player yet but he already scored goals in double figure. He got a few off field issue but that's common for 21 years old.

If we can't sell Soldado, having 3 strikers Kane, Berahino, and Soldado sounds good enough for me.

Oh and soldardo is a great striker IMO

Honestly, I think he is a great striker too and I will hate to see him leave. I believe he was starved of service at Spurs, not that he suddenly forgot how to score. He is the type of player who lives off great service and poaching the leftovers from others attempts. Well, for two seasons our service has been poor and there just has not been much of anything to poach as others attempts have either gone in the net, been handled by opposing defenses or gone out of play (when there were attempts, that is).

Positive thinking Royce!

I agree. I also think we've strengthened the side in the summer. Hopefully Levy will shift a few more players on soon and ideally we will land the additional quality/reliable striker we need.

I'd be happy if that player is Berahino, he fits the bill for me.

We shall see if the squad is good enough to press on this season. Teams around us have improved on paper, but I'm not writing us off before a ball is kicked. It is very easy to assume big spending ManU or Liverpool will be far ahead of us, but I'm not so sure.

COYS

I agree more with Royce, what other team has any decent youth players coming through?? I get that the bigger teams are buying players at the peak, but we all know we can't compete and the better players are the ones that come through the ranks ( soldado 26m. Kane£10 )...

Did we not beat Chelsea and arsenal with a weaker squad last year?

Also I believe lloris is the best keeper in the prem, I'd like to see the other keepers put up with the shower of shit defence we had. Czech is past it, still a good keeper but chelski wouldn't let him leave if he was still top of his game.

I don't think were that much behind arsenal, they've got Sanchez and an inconsistent ozil, if kane can reproduce the same as last year and one of the youngster has a break through season, we're have a fighting chance, also if lamela can show his potential we may already be sitting on a winning team.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think one could produce a top 4 team out of a squad of talented yet relatively unknown players who are well drilled and perfectly adhering to a specific style of play. I'm thinking Athletico Madrid here perhaps.

The trouble is to organize a structure such as this requires foresight, good football culture within the club, a talented and inspiring manager, and a chairman that's willing to back his manager with the players he wants when he wants them. You won't need to break the bank to do it either.

The trouble is nobody has yet to tell ENIC. 

I don't think it's unreasonable to think one could produce a top 4 team out of a squad of talented yet relatively unknown players who are well drilled and perfectly adhering to a specific style of play. I'm thinking Athletico Madrid here perhaps.

The trouble is to organize a structure such as this requires foresight, good football culture within the club, a talented and inspiring manager, and a chairman that's willing to back his manager with the players he wants when he wants them. You won't need to break the bank to do it either.

The trouble is nobody has yet to tell ENIC.

You make a good point, but with Spurs being in such dismay this time last year I think we've made great steps, and as you say I think their making an effort to hit the points you made foresight, culture, talented manager, chairman backing for identified players. We've gotta start somewhere

our main problem is that we can't attract "top players"

1) Levys transfer policy.

don't get me wrong I'm not one of these supporters who demand we should spend more on players, but I say if a player agree to our terms and we agree to his personal terms sign him for gods sake and don't keep him on the long line and fool him! (Aubermeyang, Konoplyanka, Ayew...) Or annoy clubs like Sevilla and Sporting for example (Dier, Fazio) with the way Levy makes business! Maybe he made a good deal for the moment but certainly not for the future! You may disagree and say Levy is brilliant and a genius for the great business he made for Holtby and Kaboul, but I am of another opinion. Cause just in the case of Paulinho, Capoue and Stambouli we could have saved so much money not to buy an overrated Brazilian who was to weak for the lithuanian and polish League, a french international who lost his place in the national team cause he was benched and a class provider who never got a real chance!

2) the lack of power to act.

I don't know why our scouts are that lame. Is it their incompetence, their insularity, arrogance, ignorance, inanity, or just Levy, I don't know, but it seems we need years to bring a transfer deal to an end. Maybe I'm not fair to them, but the Mouthino or the Willian deal makes me thinking. Depay, the same and many, many more. In this context I remember an article from David Villa, who said to a journalist its easy for him to explain why he signed for Madrid and not for us, Atletico only needed 3 days for what Tottenham needed 3 months!!!

3) Squad+manager

We are all proud of our lads but who of them can attract other (top) players. Soldado lost his gloss, if any maybe Lloris. Verts, Eriksen, Lamela? Tbh I doubt it. And I'm all thanks and praise for the 5th place that Pochettino gave us, but which player has he attracted? Not Jay, Not Schneiderlin, Not Shaw, Not Ward-Prowse. (No Mouthino for the spineless AVB)

On the other side van Gaal. Except for the money Van Gaal knew a part of his players from his time as Munich coach or Holland manager. Poch managed Espanyol, van Gaal Barcelona! And I think I don't need to explain, which club was more successful! And although we are proud of our history. Its Shitty, Chelshit, the bin dippers, Manure and Le Arse who won the title in the last 10 years! 

4) finances, money and England as cash cow. (Mooooo!)

The money english clubs get for the tv-rights make smaller or mediocre clubs to serious competitors. I know our priority is a new stadium, but to save money on players can come back to roost. I welcome the idea to give young players a run, but we also need experienced players who can take leadership and keep a clear head in games! That a club like west ham signed Payet, Obiang and Ogbonna, Swansea Ayew, Newcastle Mitrovic and Wijnaldum really questions the abilities of our board and shake my confidence in our scouts and DOF!

Another thing is the amount an english club has to pay for a player compared to other clubs in europe. Cause no other club in europe(except of the bigger clubs) pays more for players than England. Even a fucking oligarch club like Monaco pays less than we would have to pay for a player like El Shaarawy who will cost them only 2 million on loan (buying option 15 million).  So while Monaco will only have to pay 17 million Euros in total, we paid the double for Lamela. 

5) Stadium

As I said the priority is the new stadium. I think the ambitions changed and as long we can reach the euro league Levys happy, although I think everything under the 10th spot is okay for him. Everything points to it. The signing of Pochettino, the run-out of academy players, the signing of young and talented but cheap english prospects, the exodus of money burner and so on. Don't get me wrong, thats okay for me and I can live with that, but in this context I wish to have more transparency, instead of empty promises and false expectations!!

Really good to read some positivity. Positivity that hopefully will be transported to the terraces. Playing our part too!

I,m sorry to bang on, but for me I see a squad of players now at The Lane, who are buying into the whole set-up/ethos

and MP's philosophy. No mercenaries! No prima donna's! Just a young hungry talented squad of honest players wanting

to play for the shirt and to prove themselves.

An era/players of the likes of Perryman, Hoddle, King etc! This I am convinced will see us, as fans, rewarded.

You can define rewarded!

COYS!!

I agree more with Royce, what other team has any decent youth players coming through?? I get that the bigger teams are buying players at the peak, but we all know we can't compete and the better players are the ones that come through the ranks ( soldado 26m. Kane£10 )...

Did we not beat Chelsea and arsenal with a weaker squad last year?

Also I believe lloris is the best keeper in the prem, I'd like to see the other keepers put up with the shower of shit defence we had. Czech is past it, still a good keeper but chelski wouldn't let him leave if he was still top of his game.

I don't think were that much behind arsenal, they've got Sanchez and an inconsistent ozil, if kane can reproduce the same as last year and one of the youngster has a break through season, we're have a fighting chance, also if lamela can show his potential we may already be sitting on a winning team.

We may have beaten Arsenal and Chelsea last season , but then went on to lose to Burnley , palace etc 

our main problem is that we can't attract "top players"

1) Levys transfer policy.

don't get me wrong I'm not one of these supporters who demand we should spend more on players, but I say if a player agree to our terms and we agree to his personal terms sign him for gods sake and don't keep him on the long line and fool him! (Aubermeyang, Konoplyanka, Ayew...) Or annoy clubs like Sevilla and Sporting for example (Dier, Fazio) with the way Levy makes business! Maybe he made a good deal for the moment but certainly not for the future! You may disagree and say Levy is brilliant and a genius for the great business he made for Holtby and Kaboul, but I am of another opinion. Cause just in the case of Paulinho, Capoue and Stambouli we could have saved so much money not to buy an overrated Brazilian who was to weak for the lithuanian and polish League, a french international who lost his place in the national team cause he was benched and a class provider who never got a real chance!

2) the lack of power to act.

I don't know why our scouts are that lame. Is it their incompetence, their insularity, arrogance, ignorance, inanity, or just Levy, I don't know, but it seems we need years to bring a transfer deal to an end. Maybe I'm not fair to them, but the Mouthino or the Willian deal makes me thinking. Depay, the same and many, many more. In this context I remember an article from David Villa, who said to a journalist its easy for him to explain why he signed for Madrid and not for us, Atletico only needed 3 days for what Tottenham needed 3 months!!!

3) Squad+manager

We are all proud of our lads but who of them can attract other (top) players. Soldado lost his gloss, if any maybe Lloris. Verts, Eriksen, Lamela? Tbh I doubt it. And I'm all thanks and praise for the 5th place that Pochettino gave us, but which player has he attracted? Not Jay, Not Schneiderlin, Not Shaw, Not Ward-Prowse. (No Mouthino for the spineless AVB)

On the other side van Gaal. Except for the money Van Gaal knew a part of his players from his time as Munich coach or Holland manager. Poch managed Espanyol, van Gaal Barcelona! And I think I don't need to explain, which club was more successful! And although we are proud of our history. Its Shitty, Chelshit, the bin dippers, Manure and Le Arse who won the title in the last 10 years! 

4) finances, money and England as cash cow. (Mooooo!)

The money english clubs get for the tv-rights make smaller or mediocre clubs to serious competitors. I know our priority is a new stadium, but to save money on players can come back to roost. I welcome the idea to give young players a run, but we also need experienced players who can take leadership and keep a clear head in games! That a club like west ham signed Payet, Obiang and Ogbonna, Swansea Ayew, Newcastle Mitrovic and Wijnaldum really questions the abilities of our board and shake my confidence in our scouts and DOF!

Another thing is the amount an english club has to pay for a player compared to other clubs in europe. Cause no other club in europe(except of the bigger clubs) pays more for players than England. Even a fucking oligarch club like Monaco pays less than we would have to pay for a player like El Shaarawy who will cost them only 2 million on loan (buying option 15 million).  So while Monaco will only have to pay 17 million Euros in total, we paid the double for Lamela. 

5) Stadium

As I said the priority is the new stadium. I think the ambitions changed and as long we can reach the euro league Levys happy, although I think everything under the 10th spot is okay for him. Everything points to it. The signing of Pochettino, the run-out of academy players, the signing of young and talented but cheap english prospects, the exodus of money burner and so on. Don't get me wrong, thats okay for me and I can live with that, but in this context I wish to have more transparency, instead of empty promises and false expectations!!

Good post and I agree with a % of it, but I would add, for a number of the points you make, we are

addressing and progressing as best as we can. An I believe it will pay dividends, starting in 2015/16.

(1/2): Levy knows naff all about football and football players. He is just the money man and contract negotiator. The bad buys

were down to the mercenary (like his pal Capello) Baldini.

(3): Understand, But I like our lack of desire (gonna get slatted now) to just buy a major name, that may disrupt the sides mojo!!

(4): Vertongan, Lloris. Walker even and now Toby. Bentaleb is also mature above his years.

(5): I like our transfer policy! Most of the "expectation" is created and driven by the media.

COYS!

We may have beaten Arsenal and Chelsea last season , but then went on to lose to Burnley , palace etc

Our staring 11 wasn't a problem, our squad was the problem we had to rely on the unreliable. And no replacement for eriksen hense the slow decline, too many games not enough quality.

I think that the reason why we struggle to get "top players" is our wage structure. The "big" clubs in EPL and Europe can pay higher wage than us. To keep top player they are forced to keep paying higher wages. At some point players like Eriksen will want a better contract closer to what Liverpool player or Arsenal player can get.  Why stay at WHL when another club offer 10-50% more money for the same amount of work.

We cannot go for 20-30m players, we have to save money and use it to expand the wage structure to keep some of our top players from leaving.

We should try to find good players for bargain price and use as many academy players as possible. We might have to do that for couple years until the new stadium is generating higher revenue.

I think it's easy to blame ENIC (Levy), Baldini or scouts for not getting STAR players, but a major problem is the modern player, who must play in CL or get mega money. Wright-Phillips is a classic case had a great career in front of him but would rather get splinters in his a*** on big wages than play regularly for non CL team. He's now retired to the MSL with big money. The wages are a big problem once you pay big money to one you get the rest of the team wanting big money.