Bournemouth v Tottenham  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

3 hours ago, SMD said:

We will bounce back and H will find the net at least twice. 1-3. COYS X

Totally agree. We have to remain confident. Assuming the loss last night doesn't affect morale too much we should win at a canter on the weekend. Manure v Bindippers will mean that a win for us and we will gain ground on one or both of them.

3 hours ago, Neophyte said:

I figure there are two options for how the team responds.

1. We come out flat, struggle and grind out a result.

2. We come out angry and put the Cherries to the sword.

Hopefully we will squeeze the pips out of the cherries !

I don't think the Juve result will affect us. We wasn't outclassed, out-played or embarrassed by Juve. We were just out smarted by a very experienced and smart side! Something we will get over and learn from.

I fancy a goal-fest! 2-4.

Coys!

A healthy away win. The Kane hasn't scored since palarse and will be keen to get back on track. I do hope to see Lucas for 90 mins, maybe at expense of Dembers/Son, and Wanyama in for injured Dier., Rose and Serge back.....

Let's get back on track, we don't want to be 4th at the end of the season, 3rd at worst...

Kane is off. Hopefully he is okay. Rose and Dembele are very poor today. Rose is out of position most of the game. This leaves so much space for Jan and Sanchez to cover. He barely touches the ball so he is not getting the ball to Son. Dembele gives the ball away too easily. I'm not convinced that Lamela can make any impact. He needs to be direct and not complicate things.

Trips is shit. Last 20 mins. What we need to slow the game down. We are okay as long as we don't let them attack on a break.

Get Sissoko and Davies ready to defend. Take Lamela off. He always choose the wrong option. He lost the ball in his own half when he can just kick it long.

A real confidence booster after Wednesday's disappointment. Firstly we came back to win comfortably in the end despite conceding an early goal. Secondly, we didn't let losing Harry disrupt our game. Thirdly, Dele got back to scoring and fourthly, Lamela and Sissoko both did quite well from the bench under testing conditions knowing a draw was never an option.

Seeing us in 3rd a point ahead of Liverpool and having caught up on GD will be a real incentive when we play Chelsea in our next game. The lads know it will pretty much kill off Chelsea's challenge and put more pressure on Liverpool as this will be a game they hope to claw back points. You couldn't ask for a better incentive.

Albeit in a Spursey manner (is there any other way?), we are keeping on target for at least 3rd place. 

COYS

2 hours ago, TC1000 said:

It's painful watching Lamela play. I don't see any reason to renew his contract.

since he's been back from injury, relative to how many minutes he has played, his speed has caused a couple of teams some real headaches in and around the box drawing fouls and such,       ehemm  Liverpool         

37 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I don't see this at all. I believe is getting better and really causing problems for opposing defensive midfielders.

I'm no Lamela fan but I agree. He looks to be improving and yesterday he was quite influential.

I have always thought Lamela is a THFC team man. The Poch has improved him tremendously, as he has Son.  I even saw signs that Sissoko can play a bit, as he did on sunday, albeit just a cameo.

Now I know he messes up now and again, but I think Serge will also be improved by The Poch, he seems to love it at THFC. His face when he scored just reminded me how I used to feel whenever I scored a goal. Not at this level obviously.

At his best Lamela's stats are not even close to Kane, Son, Eriksen, Dele. We all want him to reach the next level but he will never do it. Poch can improve a lot of players. It's a limit to the player's ability. Players like Rose and Trippier will not get any better. What you see is what you get. Rose is not the same player he was when he scored against Chelsea. I don't think MU had any interest to sign Rose.

Just like Paulinho Lamela may be a good player in a different league but he doesn't fit in our team.

44 minutes ago, TC1000 said:

At his best Lamela's stats are not even close to Kane, Son, Eriksen, Dele. We all want him to reach the next level but he will never do it. Poch can improve a lot of players. It's a limit to the player's ability. Players like Rose and Trippier will not get any better. What you see is what you get. Rose is not the same player he was when he scored against Chelsea. I don't think MU had any interest to sign Rose.

Just like Paulinho Lamela may be a good player in a different league but he doesn't fit in our team.

If you are judging only on stats than you may as well line up a sale for Dembele as well because his stats aren't a patch on the backs of anyone of the 4 you mentioned.

Go back and watch Son's second goal from yesterday again. He had an easy time of it because Begovic had to try to defend both Son and Lamela, and he had to do that because Lamela hoofed it half the length of the pitch to offer Son an option. In the end Son took it himself but having that option forced the keeper's hand. That run won't show up in the stats but it was very influential in the result. And it was just one play of several that Lamela made that won't show up in a stat line.

Lamela has the most pure skill on the team next to perhaps Dele.  He works hard in both directions, can pick incisive passes and can dribble past people in very tight quarters.  My only complaint with him is he is too unselfish.  He needs to shoot more.  As Neophyte mentioned the way he busted his nuts to create an option on Son’s goal and then not complain when he was overlooked is marvellous