Spurs Web
Jamesinashby

Poch sacked

Just now, Cromulentmart said:

Who do you want now Gary?

I think there’s potentially 3-5 managers. The favourite has to be Leipzig manager, maybe ancelotti. Realistically he could go for Eddie Howe. Allegri or mourinho?  There’s also a dark horse in Benitez. I honestly believe whoever takes over will do better than poch. I would be happy any of the above but I do think the Leipzig manager is the chosen one.

2 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

We can’t hire the Leipzig manager ...  I can’t spell Nagelsmann!

I don’t want Mourinho. Ancelotti may be the best bet, but I think Levy must already have someone lined up

To do it now, with 4 days to the next match, he better have someone lined up. There isn't anyone around to be the "caretaker", that's for sure.

And if they bring Mourinho in I'll give GaryJones a run as the most negative member of the forum. 

16 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

We can’t hire the Leipzig manager ...  I can’t spell Nagelsmann!

I don’t want Mourinho. Ancelotti may be the best bet, but I think Levy must already have someone lined up

It’s Jose, a manager that can take control of our club. 

13 minutes ago, Neophyte said:

To do it now, with 4 days to the next match, he better have someone lined up. There isn't anyone around to be the "caretaker", that's for sure.

And if they bring Mourinho in I'll give GaryJones a run as the most negative member of the forum. 

No negativity anymore now we’re rid of poch. Mourinho will do twice the job of the over rated poch. If you love Tottenham then you’ll want what’s best and that is pochettino gone.

I will be amazed if this has been done without another manager already chosen and ready to start. If it has then I will be interested to find out exactly what is behind this strange time to sack the manager. Why not a week ago or after the next match? 

There are those on here who will be glad and those who will be sad and both will feel very strongly supporting their choice. I personally have mixed feelings. I am grateful for all Poch did achieve taking us from an OK side to one that rose to the edge of becoming a regular top club. I am sad that he failed to get us there.

Having had an hour to think on it, as it was looking more than likely it would happen, then I can live with this decision. I just hope it has not been rushed through without careful planning and a good manager lined up to start immediately. If whoever comes in can't get the team quickly responding, it simply won't have achieved a damn thing and Levy and the board will have done nothing to get us back on track. 

I am not pinning my hopes on this decision having miraculously saved this season from disaster.

COYS

My fault I mentioned the M word...and my mrs broke my lucky cup before it all went boobies up....I wish poch good tidings he did what he could, we need experience and someone to grab the purse strings off Levi take control of a football side with Tactics A B and C in the bag get rid of the Deadwood...maybe...Klinnsman until Summer?

18 minutes ago, Garyjones1271 said:

No negativity anymore now we’re rid of poch. Mourinho will do twice the job of the over rated poch. If you love Tottenham then you’ll want what’s best and that is pochettino gone.

You haven't been watching Jose lately, obviously. He was brilliant 15 years ago. Now - not so much.  He is a shade of himself who doesn't know he is has lost it. He blames anyone and everyone but himself for the issues the club he runs has. He is a cancer who will drive off the quality players we have who want to stay.

If he is announced, I will personally start the #JoseOut movement as soon as I hear the news.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kane said:

Mourinho will get the job,personally Brendan Rodgers would be my choice.

I would HATE Rodgers or Mourinho. Neither of them have anything of the Tottenham ethos about them. 

I want success, but not at any price. 

Poch achieved a hell of a lot for some 4 years and was rightly applauded for it. Then over 11 months his team changed to one producing results that were close to those teams struggling to avoid relegation. Managers get sacked on the current performances and sentiment on past achievements never come into it.

Mourhino has a fantastic record but in his last job with a rich club and some of the best players in the world was utterly useless and completely buggered the job up so got sacked. All his previous success counted for nothing. I think he once was the best but now I am worried. If he couldn't do it with Utd with all their money and the ability to buy whoever they wanted, then why should I have faith he can do the job with us who cannot provide him with bucket loads of cash and are unlikely to be able to attract the top players.

I'm not saying he can't, just that for me he lost a lot of credibility at Utd and isn't necessarily the messiah some claim him to be. Just an alternative way at looking at it.

COYS

4 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I would HATE Rodgers or Mourinho. Neither of them have anything of the Tottenham ethos about them. 

I want success, but not at any price. 

I don't know...Rodgers plays attractive football at least. Mourinho couldn't spell "To Dare is To Do" if someone handed him a cheat sheet.

Sadly, it almost has to be someone out of contract right now, what with just 4 days to the West Ham match. Sadly, I think that means Mourinho, Allegri, or Benitez. 

I am not a big fan of Brendon Rogers. I don't see him leaving LC anyway.

Allegri has no PL experience. IMO any manager from foreign league must get an good assistant with good PL knowledge.

Therefore, I prefer a manager with PL experience. I also want a manager who do well in the transfer market.

For now my pick is 1. Rafa Benitez   2. Eddie Howe    3. Mourinho

MU, West Ham, Arsenal, Bayen and Real are looking or will be looking for a new manager so I can see why Levy want to get a manager in while he have some options to choose from.

My fault I mentioned the M word...and my mrs broke my lucky cup before it all went boobies up....I wish poch good tidings he did what he could, we need experience and someone to grab the purse strings off Levi take control of a football side with Tactics A B and C in the bag get rid of the Deadwood...maybe...Klinnsman until Summer?

3 minutes ago, ormskirkspur said:

Apparently it's Moaninho - I don't know whether to laugh or cry

As long as we get the experienced I'm not going to talk to the press to much unless I'm happy Mourinho I think at least he could steer us up the table and hopefully the FA Cup