Jump to content
Spurs Web
Mr8ball

Kings of white hart lane ,,,,,,

Recommended Posts

A DESPERATE PLEA TO SAVE THE FORUM

I don't seem able to reach the page where I can start a new thread so am putting this post on here.

I have been in touch with Hastings for an update on solving the problems we are having. He has been totally honest and admitted the task is beyond his skills. The owner, Neil, has been difficult for him to contact. Hastings is still trying, but it may take some time before things improve. 

Please, please keep looking in and and keep posting. It is essential that we all pull together in saving this, the best Spurs forum. Starting new threads and replying to posts by you guys who use the forum, will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you all in advance for getting behind Hastings and we Administrators. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

A DESPERATE PLEA TO SAVE THE FORUM

I don't seem able to reach the page where I can start a new thread so am putting this post on here.

I have been in touch with Hastings for an update on solving the problems we are having. He has been totally honest and admitted the task is beyond his skills. The owner, Neil, has been difficult for him to contact. Hastings is still trying, but it may take some time before things improve. 

Please, please keep looking in and and keep posting. It is essential that we all pull together in saving this, the best Spurs forum. Starting new threads and replying to posts by you guys who use the forum, will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you all in advance for getting behind Hastings and we Administrators. 

COYS 

I'll try and post one in the Announcements thread too :16:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I am playing bridge this afternoon so won't be around for a few hours. 

Come on guys - keep the forum buzzing with your posts to prove to Neil the forum is worth saving. 

COYS 

I'm not convinced Neil is still the man so just in case I have emailed a number of departments at the Spurs Web website in the hope somebody will decide to try and help us get this forum back on track, repaired and modernised. :16:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Borodin said:

I'm not convinced Neil is still the man so just in case I have emailed a number of departments at the Spurs Web website in the hope somebody will decide to try and help us get this forum back on track, repaired and modernised. :16:

Brilliant!

COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t tell me this ship is sinking aswell ,,,all I can say is go on face book ,,,on the spurs lounge,,it’s very friendly maybe not a chat place but very nice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna rant sorry gonna try ,,,,,the Stoke city player( I know his name ) is moaning about abuse I get that ,,not fair yes ,,,but in lock down 1 he posted a video of him and his eldest kids in balaclavas,,,him teaching them a certain perspective on living in a world that’s over ..I drink in club in England not another country but I have to listen to all sorts of shite from certain persons that still hang on to that shit and most have lived in England for 60 years plus 

now what I am saying is if he is a father which he is ,,teach them history in a way the kids realise war ,,famine,,and hate ,,,,is not the way forward that certain player most probably doesn’t drive through Birmingham,,or bishops gate ,,or when they bombed 10 dowing str when I was working there ,,why would he I am nothing I thought I was gonna fall 150 ft ,,,the not said player has expressed views which is cool ,,,my kids think everyone is great 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Don’t tell me this ship is sinking aswell ,,,all I can say is go on face book ,,,on the spurs lounge,,it’s very friendly maybe not a chat place but very nice 

Sorry, don't do any of the social media platforms but I will do my best to keep this forum alive and kicking and hope others will do likewise.:16:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still in the background under a bath.....my.diy re build nightmare, fixing  my father in laws botchups. Still rumours going around better Jose people talking about Brendan Rodgers think if we managed to win a cup this season it's going to be a miracle I think we're gonna struggle for top 4.

I could do with a real drink I have a crap was my Valentine's in between doing the DIY. So James if you're there I think crabbies is an Irish ginger beer could one of your mates set up a pipeline to me in South London please:7:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of a morbid afternoon for me.,

I firstly had to find the addresses and then type letters to the Army Pension office and OAP Pensioners Office, to ascertain how much pensions the missus will get if I pop off before her. I thought it best to start tidying up my affairs during these difficult and trying times.

Last February when I was super healthy and fit I hadn't even considered the chance that I may die - never ever thought about it. I really believed I would get the birthday card from the reigning monarch when I was 100. Thanks to pneumonia and Covid, I now have heart concerns and my life expectancy, though not too short I hope, is simply living under an umbrella of uncertainty.

Oh well! Thereby lies a lesson in life for you youngsters - you never know what lies around the corner, so don't take things for granted.

COYS, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

A bit of a morbid afternoon for me.,

I firstly had to find the addresses and then type letters to the Army Pension office and OAP Pensioners Office, to ascertain how much pensions the missus will get if I pop off before her. I thought it best to start tidying up my affairs during these difficult and trying times.

Last February when I was super healthy and fit I hadn't even considered the chance that I may die - never ever thought about it. I really believed I would get the birthday card from the reigning monarch when I was 100. Thanks to pneumonia and Covid, I now have heart concerns and my life expectancy, though not too short I hope, is simply living under an umbrella of uncertainty.

Oh well! Thereby lies a lesson in life for you youngsters - you never know what lies around the corner, so don't take things for granted.

COYS, 

There are two bits of advice I would give anyone, regardless of age. The first is to see a solicitor and write out your last will and testament. To many youngsters it's a subject that seems far off in the future but life holds no guarantees. I had a good friend who was a scrap yard millionaire and lived with his partner (they never married) and their three children. He died very suddenly and intestate. His partner spent years and a fortune in having to fight his family and some very expensive solicitors for her and the children to get their just inheritance. Had he left a will then it would have been a simple matter of abiding by it's contents.

I never imagined being 65 but it snuck up on me very quickly. So my second piece of advice is as soon as you start work begin a pension scheme, even if it has to be a private one. I was lucky and worked for an American company. I began drawing on mine at the age of 50 when I left  and  I was also able to take a lump sum. That enabled me to have a much less stressful and lower salaried job for 12 years until I fully retired at 62. This April I will be 66 and also entitled to my state pension. I could never have come over to Ireland without making such a provision.

So my message to all is get a works / private pension sorted and make a will as soon as you are able. They are both great 'cushions' to have and something you will be very glad you did in years to come. :16:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Borodin said:

There are two bits of advice I would give anyone, regardless of age. The first is to see a solicitor and write out your last will and testament. To many youngsters it's a subject that seems far off in the future but life holds no guarantees. I had a good friend who was a scrap yard millionaire and lived with his partner (they never married) and their three children. He died very suddenly and intestate. His partner spent years and a fortune in having to fight his family and some very expensive solicitors for her and the children to get their just inheritance. Had he left a will then it would have been a simple matter of abiding by it's contents.

I never imagined being 65 but it snuck up on me very quickly. So my second piece of advice is as soon as you start work begin a pension scheme, even if it has to be a private one. I was lucky and worked for an American company. I began drawing on mine at the age of 50 when I left  and  I was also able to take a lump sum. That enabled me to have a much less stressful and lower salaried job for 12 years until I fully retired at 62. This April I will be 66 and also entitled to my state pension. I could never have come o ver to Ireland without making such a provision.

So my message to all is get a works / private pension sorted and make a will as soon as you are able. They are both great 'cushions' to have and something you will be very glad you did in years to come. :16:

I have offered this advice often over the years.

I also added to put away 10% of their income into a cash form of saving all their ives. Our life style at the lower level wil be just as good. You'd be surprised how much money we waste on meaningless things during our lives.Having a large amount of cash when you retire will give you the means to really enjoy retirement. Also, whole of life insurance is cheap and the earlier you take it out, the cheaper it is. Too many idiots drive and leaving a wife and family penniless is irresponsible in my book. 

Another alternative is buying a 2nd house and renting it out. I suggested this 40 years ago and he now has 4 on top of the one he lives in. He is going to take early retirement this year when he is 60. I got my 3 nieces to take out an endowment policy when they reached 18. One of them this year cashed hers in and last year and got £60,000. 

I took early retirement at 58 and, until last year, have had 3 holidays every year in hotels and on cruises. I have been to nearly 100 countries. I have had my bad times including being nearly bankrupted by my first wife. However, I kept to my plans for my retirement and it paid off. 

Finally, no begging letters please. I have made the missus treasurer and you have more chance of getting blood out of a stone money from her. Mind you, she's very good - she gives me my 50 pence pocket money every Saturday even if I haven't spent all of the previous week's. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The forum just hasn't let me in all day, and suddenly it has - all very frustrating as there wa so much I wanted to say watching Southampton v Chelsea and Liverpool V Everton. It is not the same now the games are over. Grrrr. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has let me make the post above, but like it has been doing all day, when I click for unread posts, when it takes me to the page, it is not listing a single one!!!! I can't believe there's has not been one single post all day. 

I give up. Sorry folks. 

COYS 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all apologies for not being on ,,,have been working,,,,and working a stone that should only be used for nuclear bunckers ,,it’s so hard ,,it’s called ancaster weather bed ,,,blue ,,brown stone ,,,it has a moulding through it ,,,it’s shite for what I am doing ,,,

anyway the company I work for is called apex stone ,,,a year old ,,we have had so many inquiries ( since putting a sign up lol) we now have to much work for 2 working manually,,,I.e me and Ryan ,,,we need another 3 banker masons ,,nearly impossible and fixers aswell mad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear about your woes but pleased to read you have a lot of work ahead - good news in this pandemic. 

You weren't totally missed, your icon keeps appearing on my and Borodin's screen when we open up!! You may have heard the cursing coming from us, 'Why is this bugger coming up where our icon should be?' 

Anyway, it's good to have you back, M8. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 5:37 PM, Mr8ball said:

Hi all apologies for not being on ,,,have been working,,,,and working a stone that should only be used for nuclear bunckers ,,it’s so hard ,,it’s called ancaster weather bed ,,,blue ,,brown stone ,,,it has a moulding through it ,,,it’s shite for what I am doing ,,,

anyway the company I work for is called apex stone ,,,a year old ,,we have had so many inquiries ( since putting a sign up lol) we now have to much work for 2 working manually,,,I.e me and Ryan ,,,we need another 3 banker masons ,,nearly impossible and fixers aswell mad 

Good to hear you've got plenty your work mate I'm still firing my applications off into black holes can I have to look at the different irons in the fire at least I've got my diy nightmare down to 90% done now, I've now got two good working bathrooms ready for the kids and my missus to wreck them again....:7:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×