Spurs Web
Borodin

EPL Dinamo Zagreb Vs SPURS 18th March 17:55 K.O.

1 hour ago, Craig Truespur said:

I can't believe Mourinho still in a job if anyone else has a team consistently performing  that badly and they had no morale and poor performance they be gone wouldn't they

Yes mate but that's because you wouldn't find them earning £12m a year with a watertight contract until the Summer of 2023. For somebody of Daniel Levy's business acumen I find it incredible if he agreed to such a deal. £25m to get rid of him ?

I reckon perhaps it is written in his contract that he has to win something or gain a Champions League Spot every season or then he could be sacked at the end of it. That means the clubs hands would be tied until after the Carabao Cup when we would clearly not be achieving anything in 20/21 should we lose to Man City.

23 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Yes mate but that's because you wouldn't find them earning £12m a year with a watertight contract until the Summer of 2023. For somebody of Daniel Levy's business acumen I find it incredible if he agreed to such a deal. £25m to get rid of him ?

I reckon perhaps it is written in his contract that he has to win something or gain a Champions League Spot every season or he then he could be sacked at the end of it. That means the clubs hands would be tied until after the Carabao Cup when we would clearly not be achieveing anything in 20/21.

Mr Levy, for many fans, has the reputation of being a shrewd manager. For me, when it comes to running the footballing side of the club, I have never rated him.

Yes, he has provided us with a magnificent stadium and made us sit somewhere in the top 5 richest clubs in Europe. We will see a American football, heavy weight boxing, top pop stars etc in our lovely stadium. So what?

I am not interested in going to see any of them. I am a THFC fan - I am a football supporter and my only interest is Spurs regaining top the spot they held in The Glory, Glory days in te 50s and 60s era hen I supported them.  

COYS 

19 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Mr Levy, for many fans, has the reputation of being a shrewd manager. For me, when it comes to running the footballing side of the club, I have never rated him.

Yes, he has provided us with a magnificent stadium and made us sit somewhere in the top 5 richest clubs in Europe. We will see a American football, heavy weight boxing, top pop stars etc in our lovely stadium. So what?

I am not interested in going to see any of them. I am a THFC fan - I am a football supporter and my only interest is Spurs regaining top the spot they held in The Glory, Glory days in te 50s and 60s era hen I supported them.  

COYS 

Totally agree. Daniel Levy is a very highly paid accountant who enjoys seeing the financial books balance rather than Lamela's rabona. His priority was always having a legacy of being the instigator and creator of the new stadium. His ambitions regarding the team were always financially related which is why Poch stayed so long. "Don't worry about silverware Mauricio, just keep getting a top four spot and ensuring the CPL money rolls in".

That is why I found it so puzzling when Mourinho was appointed. Suddenly Levy's focus was on putting something in the new trophy cabinet no matter what the cost.His plan has imploded disastrously and we are left with a team in disaray and a manager bereft of ideas. Daniel has had 20 years to get this club back on it's feet and unfortunately his success can only be measured in bricks and mortar rather than cups and titles.

I too thought DL had finally got around to making us a top European club - especially when he added players to improve the squad in the last transfer window. 

Perhaps he has finally decided we are now in a position to concentrate on doing a Chelsea or City. That said, despite him been seen watching our games, by ignoring Mourinho's debacle at Utd, it suggests his football nous falls way behind his accounting skill. 

Lord Alan Sugar is always attacking him on social media in how he is running the footballing side. That speaks volumes and supports my view that he should not be allowed to be involved in footballing decisions. His job is to find the money for it that doesn't impose caps on wages and the price of buying players. 

The saying goes you have to speculate to accumulate. It seems to me that those clubs who have won all these trophies including the top two, have found ways to fund it. Then the success should bring in the money to repay any  initial outlay. 

Fingers crossed that, now we have a stadium that will prove to be a cash cow, despite having fallen back to the position we were in when Poch left, we can in 2 or 3 seasons be back to being a genuine top 4 team. 

COYS 

4 hours ago, Borodin said:

Totally agree. Daniel Levy is a very highly paid accountant who enjoys seeing the financial books balance rather than Lamela's rabona. His priority was always having a legacy of being the instigator and creator of the new stadium. His ambitions regarding the team were always financially related which is why Poch stayed so long. "Don't worry about silverware Mauricio, just keep getting a top four spot and ensuring the CPL money rolls in".

That is why I found it so puzzling when Mourinho was appointed. Suddenly Levy's focus was on putting something in the new trophy cabinet no matter what the cost.His plan has imploded disastrously and we are left with a team in disaray and a manager bereft of ideas. Daniel has had 20 years to get this club back on it's feet and unfortunately his success can only be measured in bricks and mortar rather than cups and titles.

Daniel Levy is a very highly paid accountant who enjoys seeing the financial books balance rather than Lamela's rabona

That Sir is the finest description of the core problem at Spurs I have ever read. Perfect!

Some players have gone on record that Mourinho never told them to drop deep and play defensively. Mourhino has said the players are not doing what he asks them to do! Puzzling in the extreme. 

The only thing I can deduce from that is that some are deliberately lying or there are players deliberately not putting the effort in. That almost implies there are 2 camps in the squad - some who think Mourhino is the manager they want and some have really fallen out with him and want him sacked. Any of that seems improbable to me. 

To me, there seems to be unrest in the dressing room, but I can't fathom out exactly what it is and who may be leading any revolution if there is one. 

Does anyone out there have any theories as to why we have games where we look like top 4 contenders interspersed with games where we look no better than those scrapping to avoid relegation?

COYS 

21 hours ago, Borodin said:

I reckon perhaps it is written in his contract that he has to win something or gain a Champions League Spot every season or then he could be sacked at the end of it. That means the clubs hands would be tied until after the Carabao Cup when we would clearly not be achieving anything in 20/21 should we lose to Man City.

Yeah you're right mate and as an acute businessman he really is a doofus is me I'm not being funny 25m to get rid of him or still be in Europa League turning probably more than that reached  over the next couple of rounds. Surely just not making even top 5 we lose so much money.

What do we get for winning the carapoo cup? Automatically get back into the Europa League don't we or is that the FA Cup on so confused now

I can't help looking it up we only get 100k for winning it and 25k losing.

What the fruck is the point of it? I mean that money would do me but it's only going to pay for a few of our cleaners at the Stadium when we reopen again...pathetic as I said why don't the players just donate their wages for playing shit over the last 6-months and then we wouldn't have to worry about the money would we.

Am I in if we talked Winx coffees wages for the last 6 months we've already made that money already

17 hours ago, USSpurs said:

Daniel Levy is a very highly paid accountant who enjoys seeing the financial books balance rather than Lamela's rabona

That Sir is the finest description of the core problem at Spurs I have ever read. Perfect!

My god yes that was so poignant for us right now and all the previous Seasons. He really doesn't get what the glory glory means does he bill Nick absolutely devastated the way he's treating our club