Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Dulux Sponsorship Fiasco

https://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/spurs-sponsor-sorry-for-brush-off-and-paints-a-pretty-picture-of-partnership-1112261.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14657242/dulux-tottenham-trolling-defence-trophy-cabinet/

You can just imagine the stick we've taken from the internet trolls. How could Dulux get this so wrong....embarassing for both parties and not a good start.

14 hours ago, Borodin said:

https://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/spurs-sponsor-sorry-for-brush-off-and-paints-a-pretty-picture-of-partnership-1112261.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14657242/dulux-tottenham-trolling-defence-trophy-cabinet/

You can just imagine the stick we've taken from the internet trolls. How could Dulux get this so wrong....embarassing for both parties and not a good start.

Absobloodylutely mind blowing. I had to check the calendar to see if it was April 1st.

When the fans are allowed back in, we are going to get a lot of stick from opposition chants. I think we have grounds to revoke the contract and that is what we should do

I for one will never buy Dulux paint when redecorating times come round again. 

COYS 

7 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Absobloodylutely mind blowing. I had to check the calendar to see if it was April 1st.

When the fans are allowed back in, we are going to get a lot of stick from opposition chants. I think we have grounds to revoke the contract and that is what we should do

I for one will never buy Dulux paint when redecorating times come round again. 

COYS 

Im head of marketing for a mortgage lender and my team run a corporate social media account. We’re nothing like as well known as Dulux with a much smaller team, but there’s no way we’d make a balls up like this.

I’d quite like Dulux to actually say what went wrong, as it looks like an intentional anti-Spurs person had control of their messages.

It’s not at all serious compared to some of the vile things you see on social media, but The replies aren’t really funny, and are just mocking us. If they were supposed to come across as intentional ‘gallows humour’ then they’ve missed the mark.

There would have been an amusing way to reply to the questions in a tongue in cheek way, as the banter can be fun at times, 

Overall it’s an awful way for dulux to conduct themselves and seemingly the type of thing that always happens to us now.

2 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

Overall it’s an awful way for dulux to conduct themselves and seemingly the type of thing that always happens to us now.

I was wondering whether this would have presented us with a wonderful opportunity to offer a rival paint company, (somebody like Axalta) the sponsorship instead and give them the positive press coverage of replacing Dulux following their terrible gaffe ?

Just now, Borodin said:

I was wondering whether this would have presented us with a wonderful opportunity to offer a rival paint company, (somebody like Axalta) the sponsorship instead and give them the positive press coverage of replacing Dulux following their terrible gaffe ?

Well It’s really the kind of thing that’s forgotten almost immediately by most people I think, so best to just move on. I do wonder if it was attempted self-depreciating humour gone wrong, or a cheeky twat on their social team seeing an opportunity to goad Spurs.

We have an approval system in place at our place for social posts (plus mortgages are regulated a lot more than paint!) but bigger brands often tend to relax their control process around Twitter slightly as they have so many messages going back and forth and they need to be fleet of foot to respond and react.

You can imagine Levy calling their Execs about it though...

Who even knows why we have an official paint partner anyway - our main colour is just white! 

13 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

Would you rather:

a) read that interesting article about paint 

b) watch Spurs grind through matches under Mourinho 

c) watch paint dry

C every time :1579412966_emo1: