Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

30 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

I think that Harry is gone - however - if Levy carries through on his word - I for one would see the merit in getting £120 million from City plus Ake and with a Potter or as unlikely as it may be Ten Hag to get rid of the deadwood and start building for a title challenge 3 seasons from now. I love Harry Kane - but at the moment our entire club seems taken up with him - when he goes I actually believe that it will give us the necessary cash to rebuild - after all - if you were an ambitious young striker - would you sign for Spurs with Harry as no1 ?? and then with cash in hand - Levy would be like a kid in a sweet shop.

Perhaps but can you trust Levy not to balls it up just like he did with the Bale money? Levy is the type of person that has to be seen as the smartest guy in the room, he’ll try to gamble and outsmart everyone and ultimately fail. He’s way too hands on in player decisions and I can’t see him relinquishing the absolute power he has at Spurs. Also given the financial mess we are in I would guess that a significant portion of any sale of Kane world go to the debt. I simply do not trust Levy

16 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

Perhaps but can you trust Levy not to balls it up just like he did with the Bale money? Levy is the type of person that has to be seen as the smartest guy in the room, he’ll try to gamble and outsmart everyone and ultimately fail. He’s way too hands on in player decisions and I can’t see him relinquishing the absolute power he has at Spurs. Also given the financial mess we are in I would guess that a significant portion of any sale of Kane world go to the debt. I simply do not trust Levy

We have to see if he is as good as his word regarding his recent "We ignored our priorities' statement. He has asked for a 12 month extension to a £175m loan repayment due recently which the bank has granted. I would imagine this is to free up funds for the rebuild he now fully realises we need. That together with money from selling Kane would give any new manager a substantial war chest. Daniel Levy cannot afford to be seen in any way trying to stash away funds and allow this grossly inadequate squad to become even more weakened.

My concern is timing. The new season is just 12 weeks away and we are still nowhere near to announcing the new manager if media reports are to be believed. I just hope Levy has fooled us all and the new guy will be revealed after Sunday's game. The more we eat into the calendar picking a new boss the less time he has to give this pack the massive reshuffle it desperately needs.

The thought of another season with Dier/Winks/Sissoko/Sanchez etc etc is just too much to bear, particularly if it's going to include a disgruntled and demoralised Harry Kane too. We need action NOW !

31 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

You are unfortunately absolutely spot on! As mentioned by someone in another post - the problem is who could afford to buy the club with it's debt - plus like you say Levy has elevated himself to Demi-God Status. I remember watching Football Italia on C4 when Enic first bought us - there was an American guy on there who laid out some facts about them and some of their previous dealings as Club Owners in Italy and some where else that I can't remember now - but at the time he said the immortal words - Tottenham will be a mid-table club who deal in signing on young players and selling them on at a profit - truer words!!.

Totally agree mate. If history teaches us anything it is that Levy is rarely an early mover in anything. I was coming around to thinking that Santo wouldn’t be a bad hire but apparently he is not one of the people Levy is looking at. I think he’s delusional thinking Rodgers will leave LC when they are going to finish higher than we will and he has a fairly nicely balanced squad whereas coming here is a massive and high risk rebuild. Other than Santo and Rodgers who else is out there that would get new players and the fans excited? I am not convinced Potter is or should be our next manager  and the other names being floated about are either uninspiring or high risk.

there’s no doubt that this is the pivotal moment for Levy. If he screws this up he’s finished 

28 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

Totally agree mate. If history teaches us anything it is that Levy is rarely an early mover in anything. I was coming around to thinking that Santo wouldn’t be a bad hire but apparently he is not one of the people Levy is looking at. I think he’s delusional thinking Rodgers will leave LC when they are going to finish higher than we will and he has a fairly nicely balanced squad whereas coming here is a massive and high risk rebuild. Other than Santo and Rodgers who else is out there that would get new players and the fans excited? I am not convinced Potter is or should be our next manager  and the other names being floated about are either uninspiring or high risk.

there’s no doubt that this is the pivotal moment for Levy. If he screws this up he’s finished 

I fully realise that the actual revenue to the club from shirt sales is small and apparently merchandising sales from other 'goodies' only amounts to £22m a year but rather than a ground protest by a few hundred supporters I would love to see all the fans (overseas too) impose a total stop on purchasing anything connected to the club next season. New team shirts are rumoured to be £105 each !! that is simply scandalous if true.

I wouldn't buy so much as a key ring next season until I saw positive moves to get this club of ours back on its feet. It should be announced on the internet and social media that when the final whistle blows at Leicester on Sunday nobody purchases a single Spurs item which puts money into Levy's pockets. The Villa fiasco of £60 a ticket was the last straw. I'm sure every supporter, young and old, can survive for one season without adding to their official Tottenham memorabilia.

21 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I fully realise that the actual revenue to the club from shirt sales is small and apparently merchandising sales from other 'goodies' only amounts to £22m a year but rather than a ground protest by a few hundred supporters I would love to see all the fans (overseas too) impose a total stop on purchasing anything connected to the club next season. New team shirts are rumoured to be £105 each !! that is simply scandalous if true.

I wouldn't buy so much as a key ring next season until I saw positive moves to get this club of ours back on it's feet. It should be announced on the internet and social media that when the final whistle blows at Leicester on Sunday nobody purchases a single Spurs item which puts money into Levy's pockets. The Villa fiasco of £60 a ticket was the last straw. I'm sure every supporter, young and old, can survive for one season without adding to their official Tottenham memorabilia.

Whatever happens with Kane, hopefully Levy is not stupid enough to recognize that the reason so many fans pay top prices at his stadium is to see world class player like Kane. The loss of Kane will have a significant impact on the brand and marketing and shirt sales etc. if he loses Son too, there goes all the Korean money! I can’t see how Levy expects people to pay some of the highest ticket prices in the league without some major draw

I thought I had come up with a cunning plan - we get a  Chinese buyer and buy a couple of Chinese players. We then sell tens of millions of kit to our new fans. 

Sadly it is a Baldrick cunning plan. The Chinese will flood the market with cheap replicas and we lose sales. 

Back to the drawing board. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

I thought I had come up with a cunning plan - we get a  Chinese buyer and buy a couple of Chinese players. We then sell tens of millions of kit to our new fans. 

Sadly it is a Baldrick cunning plan. The Chinese will flood the market with cheap replicas and we lose sales. 

Back to the drawing board. 

COYS 

I know youre jesting and i loved the humour but china is guilty of mass genocide .country needs to be completely ruined financially as already morally and hygenically ruined . total shithole

I see Nuno Espirito Santo has announced he is leaving Wolves. 

Possibly he and DL have conspired and Santo has resigned to then make it look he wasn't poached and DL, seeing he was now available and that was when DL stepped in. 

With the half decent squad he would inherit, he just might be the right guy for the job. 

I'd be happy with him assuming no top winning manager is available

COYS 

2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I see Nuno Espirito Santo has announced he is leaving Wolves. 

Possibly he and DL have conspired and Santo has resigned to then make it look he wasn't poached and DL, seeing he was now available and that was when DL stepped in. 

With the half decent squad he would inherit, he just might be the right guy for the job. 

I'd be happy with him assuming no top winning manager is available

COYS 

The statement relative to his leaving said that it was nothing at all to do with current managerial vacancies. There was a hint that Covid restrictions and being over here four years meant he has seen very little of his family and was eager to return home. He did well with Wolves but this last season they have definitely been on a downward slide. I think it's been mutually agreed he goes so that next season that slide doesn't turn into an avalanche. He wouldn't be my choice.

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

The statement relative to his leaving said that it was nothing at all to do with current managerial vacancies. There was a hint that Covid restrictions and being over here four years meant he has seen very little of his family and was eager to return home. He did well with Wolves but this last season they have definitely been on a downward slide. I think it's been mutually agreed he goes so that next season that slide doesn't turn into an avalanche. He wouldn't be my choice.

That was a smoke screen being part of DL's cunning Baldrick plan. This was all all part of the sacking Mourhino plan. LOL

COYS 

21 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

That was a smoke screen being part of DL's cunning Baldrick plan. This was all all part of the sacking Mourhino plan. LOL

COYS 

You're becoming paranoid about all this James....seeing cunning plans behind every door now. :dd:

21 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS 

I have a buddy who a Wolves fan and he says that the guy hasn't seen his family for any amount of proper time for about 4 years - he's convinced Nuno is going home for his family - and having just said that - he'll probably be announced this evening!!:dd::dd:

To me Ismael could be a cheap and hidden gem. He did an unbelievable good job at Barnsley and absolutely meets Levys stingy expectations. His tactics would also meet our offensive minded players and being a defender himself he could probably sort out the mistakes we have at the back

Just now, Jay said:

Maybe just maybe Brendan will reconsider..

Two schools of thought on that.

1) Brendan now realises the shortcomings he has at Leicester when his FA Cup winning side fail to beat a relatively despondent Tottenham team at home and decides to take Daniel up on his offer.

2) Levy realises that maybe Brendan isn't the answer to his prayers after all as he fails yet again to get his side over the line and into European football.

:em8:

Just now, Jay said:

I think Brendan is the man,no champions league for Leicester,just stop f**in fannying around and go and get him.

I must admit the thought of what he could achieve if he really sorted the place out plus managed to keep a motivated Kane, Son and Bale on board really does whet the appetite for next season.

Just now, Borodin said:

I must admit the thought of what he could achieve if he really sorted the place out plus managed to keep a motivated Kane, Son and Bale on board really does whet the appetite for next season.

Yes my friend,he is the only man for the job.

I just can’t see Brendan leaving Leicester after they’ve just won the fa cup and finished 5th. He’s said publicly how much the owners have helped and he has history with levy. I’m not sure he’d fancy working for Daniel levy which is a shame because I genuinely think he could turn spurs around. 
bale is gone, 100% and tbh probably Kane too unless levy goes back on his word. 
I have a feeling we’ll end up with Eddie Howe or maybe Scott Parker. Ten Haag has signed a contract extension hasn’t he? The German guy has gone to Bayern, wolves manager might be a risk but is now a genuine contender. 

I hope I’m wrong about Rodgers and levy can get him but I can’t see it, but he is best chance we have of turning this sinking ship around. 

It seems there is a nice relationship between chairman, manager and players at Leicester, I don't see any chance to bring him. 

54 minutes ago, Dazza1976 said:

I just can’t see Brendan leaving Leicester after they’ve just won the fa cup and finished 5th. He’s said publicly how much the owners have helped and he has history with levy. I’m not sure he’d fancy working for Daniel levy which is a shame because I genuinely think he could turn spurs around. 
bale is gone, 100% and tbh probably Kane too unless levy goes back on his word. 
I have a feeling we’ll end up with Eddie Howe or maybe Scott Parker. Ten Haag has signed a contract extension hasn’t he? The German guy has gone to Bayern, wolves manager might be a risk but is now a genuine contender. 

I hope I’m wrong about Rodgers and levy can get him but I can’t see it, but he is best chance we have of turning this sinking ship around. 

Living in the heart of Leicestershire and surrounded by Leicester fanatics, I will have to keep a low profile if he did come to us. 

Personally, I think that he will remain with Leicester and would only consider going to a genuine top European club with a history of winning top trophies. Spurs, for the last 4 decades, do not fall into that category and have never provided real evidence that it would join the small group of clubs that have dominated during this period. 

Any one we get will be a nobody who has never achieved at the top, or a 'has been' who has stopped being a very  successful manager. 

Sadly, for me at my age with the clock ticking, seeing us back to how it was in the Glory, Glory days becomes ever more remote. For decades past and those to come, it is likely to remain living with hope but dashed by false dawns. 

COYS