Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

How about this for a crazy idea (but don't dismiss it instantly as it's doing the rounds on the internet) :

Conte tells Daniel he'll let him know about the managers job on Monday. Hard haggling Levy sees this as an opportunity to put some pressure on. He allows the story to leak that Spurs have discontinued talks with Conte and they are now looking elsewhere. Conte is struggling now because there aren't many top clubs hiring at the moment. Tottenham then announce the appointment of Paratici as DOF. He then contacts Conte and suggests the two of them could really make it work at Spurs, Antonio then requests another meeting with Levy and it's all done and dusted. :thumb:

I have to say that this particular bottle of La Brunaude Syrah is going down beautifully this afternoon Hic !

So what your saying levy is playing poker with a dead hand lol

Statement from Inter Milan president Steven Zhang :

"From the first moment we took over Inter we thought that [Antonio] Conte would be the best coach for our project,Two years ago we finally managed to bring him to the Nerazzurri.I was and remain convinced that Conte is a winning coach: this is the reason that led us to invest so much in him and in the team in the last two years.Last summer the pandemic had greatly affected our revenues but we continued with him, focusing on the season convinced that we could win.

"The decision was right, but now the bill brought by the pandemic is such that we cannot fail to review the situation by looking for savings that lead to a future budget balance.We must reduce costs and control risks. This obviously also influences the transfer market strategy. Our different views on the situation led to the separation.What wasn't fundamental for him, was for the club, and vice-versa. Conte is a top coach, but as president, I have to think about the solidity of the club."

In short, Conte is good but he costs. Daniel Levy knew this right from the off so why even begin talks ????

45 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Statement from Inter Milan president Steven Zhang :

"From the first moment we took over Inter we thought that [Antonio] Conte would be the best coach for our project,Two years ago we finally managed to bring him to the Nerazzurri.I was and remain convinced that Conte is a winning coach: this is the reason that led us to invest so much in him and in the team in the last two years.Last summer the pandemic had greatly affected our revenues but we continued with him, focusing on the season convinced that we could win.

"The decision was right, but now the bill brought by the pandemic is such that we cannot fail to review the situation by looking for savings that lead to a future budget balance.We must reduce costs and control risks. This obviously also influences the transfer market strategy. Our different views on the situation led to the separation.What wasn't fundamental for him, was for the club, and vice-versa. Conte is a top coach, but as president, I have to think about the solidity of the club."

In short, Conte is good but he costs. Daniel Levy knew this right from the off so why even begin talks ????

Because season ticket renewal deadline was coming up

5 hours ago, Borodin said:

Well this latest twitter from Roman suggests Poch definitely isn't coming :

‘Pochettino NOT leaving’, PSG on same position despite Tottenham talks.  #THFC ...and that’s it: Pochettino has been directly involved in Wijnaldum’ turnaround to join PSG. Poch called Gini several times, they met in 2016 as Poch wanted him at Spurs. Now, together in Paris

Let's be fair, everyone was talking about Poch coming back to Spurs...except Poch.

Poch wanted Wijnaldum, we ended up with Sissoko. Why? He scored at the Euros. WOW...

Rose scored against le Arse. Even a blind hen finds a grain.

Sissoko was signed 4 years too late. If any, he should have come with his former Toulouse partner Capoue. We would have had a stable mid. But well... who cares

40 minutes ago, Spurfect said:

Conte and Lukaku would be a dream. The problem, they probably cost too much that we couldn’t afford more players. IMO we need at least 4 players

Or to use Levy parlance......”4 players? What the fuck do we need 3 players for? I mean for fucks sake 2 players? Do you even know what you’re asking for? 1 player? Ok we can do that but let’s take a player in trade “

There's a message going around some of the Spurs blogs from a very good ITK source. It just reads...comeETH the hour.....comETH the man.

ETH being Ten Hag from Ajax ..... I'd settle for him out of who is left standing :thumb:

10 minutes ago, Borodin said:

There's a message going around some of the Spurs blogs from a very good ITK source. It just reads...comeETH the hour.....comETH the man.

ETH being Ten Hag from Ajax ..... I'd settle for him out of who is left standing :thumb:

So we should rejoice then? I’d be embarrassed if I were him to take this job knowing you’re the 4th or 5th preferred option. He’d be a mug to take this job as he’ll be nothing but Levy’s latest bitch

Off topic but who the F IS writing these latest news stories on here? There’s a story on news section lauding Levy for the great job he’s done for Spurs . Really?

10 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

So we should rejoice then? I’d be embarrassed if I were him to take this job knowing you’re the 4th or 5th preferred option. He’d be a mug to take this job as he’ll be nothing but Levy’s latest bitch

In fairness he was one of the original names and then Ajax extended his contract to try and put us off.

Sooner this mess is sorted the better.

27 minutes ago, Borodin said:

In fairness he was one of the original names and then Ajax extended his contract to try and put us off.

Sooner this mess is sorted the better.

Mate I pity whoever takes this job because they are clearly the 5th horse in a 3 horse race. This is beyond embarrassing. I’ve followed Spurs for 40 fucking years and I’ve never seen the club so poorly led than right now. I’m apoplectic right now

For the 7 years I have been using this forum, DL and Enic have had a number of members who wouldn't hear a bad word said about them. The fact that the club was financially one of the top 10 in Europe, the new stadium was possibly the best in Europe, it had diversified to the extent we could hold NFL games, Pop concerts and top heavy weight boxing was considered the yard stick in measuring success. It came above football. I hasten to add, I was never one of them. 

For me THFC are first and foremost a soccer club. A club, formed by ordinary people and achieving great heights as a leading member within the FA, and who only achieved all they did because of the fantastic following of the supporters. For me, Joe Lewis doesn't give a damn, and neither does DL or Enic sufficiently care enough about the supporters and players wishes. 

We want to see our club back to being a frontrunner and leading light. We want to hold the bragging rights and not to have to put up with Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Utd and Liverpool looking down scornfully at us and winding us up. 

I, personally, never like to use foul language as those who know me on here know. But I don’t give a fucking shit about the NFL teams, Madonna concerts and heavy weight boxers fighting for triple belts. I want to see us win the EPL and CL. I want me to be bragging about our success. Living in Leicestershire just 23 miles away from Leicester City football club, I am fed up up to my back teeth putting up with their gloating of having won the the EPL and FA Cup . 

For me the sooner we rid ourselves of DL and Eni the better. My real deep down worry is that if they go, those who take over keep  football success at the bottom of their priorities. I'm a football fan with no real  interest in NFL games, Maddona concerts or boxing matches. We desperately need whoever takes over to be football lovers and wanting our beloved Spurs competing with and beating the best in Europe. 

COYS 

9 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

For the 7 years I have been using this forum, DL and Enic have had a number of members who wouldn't hear a bad word said about them. The fact that the club was financially one of the top 10 in Europe, the new stadium was possibly the best in Europe, it had diversified to the extent we could hold NFL games, Pop concerts and top heavy weight boxing was considered the yard stick in measuring success. It came above football. I hasten to add, I was never one of them. 

For me THFC are first and foremost a soccer club. A club, formed by ordinary people and achieving great heights as a leading member within the FA, and who only achieved all they did because of the fantastic following of the supporters. For me, Joe Lewis doesn't give a damn, and neither does DL or Enic sufficiently care enough about the supporters and players wishes. 

We want to see our club back to being a frontrunner and leading light. We want to hold the bragging rights and not to have to put up with Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Utd and Liverpool looking down scornfully at us and winding us up. 

I, personally, never like to use foul language as those who know me on here know. But I don’t give a fucking shit about the NFL teams, Madonna concerts and heavy weight boxers fighting for triple belts. I want to see us win the EPL and CL. I want me to be bragging about our success. Living in Leicestershire just 23 miles away from Leicester City football club, I am fed up up to my back teeth putting up with their gloating of having won the the EPL and FA Cup . 

For me the sooner we rid ourselves of DL and Eni the better. My real deep down worry is that if they go, those who take over keep  football success at the bottom of their priorities. I'm a football fan with no real  interest in NFL games, Maddona concerts or boxing matches. We desperately need whoever takes over to be football lovers and wanting our beloved Spurs competing with and beating the best in Europe. 

COYS 

Absolutely spot on - today is 50th day without a manager - I have never felt so ashamed and helpless ! - Levy is a shyster as is Enic - the one man Galtier - who is a better fit than any of the other candidates never gets a mention from the morons in the press - I'm sure they're all laughing their socks off at the disaster that is Tottenham Hotspur Football Club at the moment. :q::q:

This is a joke funny haha,,,if enic jump ship and sell I guarantee we will be moaning about who they sold the club too cos they haven’t got a pot to piss in and we are more in debt and can’t afford players from the ryiman league or the league of wales or the league of Ireland,,,and then suddenly we are in league 2 ,,,but have new owners cool lol

Who has £3 billion cash spare ....????
new owners would borrow off the banks then put the club into £3 billion of debt ,,,which equals no money for fuck all and higher prices for everything ,,,then more of fuck all but new owners and a £3 billion debt beautiful,,,,mr Abramovich is owed £1 billion buy his own club lol cool no one gives away that sort of cash ,,,would you????? 

We’re back onto the Ajax manager being the top favourite now right? 
Right now I’d take that and accept that he’s going to have to blood the youth team. 
what a shambles, it was going so well and then in typical spurs fashion it goes to £@&?

Wouldn’t surprise we if he gave it to Ryan Mason full time now!!

13 minutes ago, Dazza1976 said:

We’re back onto the Ajax manager being the top favourite now right? 
Right now I’d take that and accept that he’s going to have to blood the youth team. 
what a shambles, it was going so well and then in typical spurs fashion it goes to £@&?

Wouldn’t surprise we if he gave it to Ryan Mason full time now!!

If ten hagg is willing to work with an open mind and levy is willing to sell and buy what he needs ,,then happy days ,,,pep started in the Barca b team ,,,then got his rewards ,,,you have to start somewhere and then someone has to roll the dice and take a chance 

Great post in one of the blogs.  Guy saying that when Alan Sugar was in charge his dad got so frustrated with things (just like with Levy now), so he posted his season ticket back to him with a message saying "Stick it in your bin". A few days later he received an official THFC envelope and inside was his season ticket and a note from Alan Sugar saying "Stick it in your own fuc***g bin !"

Priceless

More rumours, Zidane to PSG and they let Poch come back to Spurs .. clickbait gone mad.

I hope everyone will understand where I'm coming from here when I make the next statement, which is regardless of whether you are pro or anti Poch returning.

I really hope he returns soon and we finally get this monkey off our backs and find out if he's kill or cure. So many people claiming he'd be coming 'home' and 'finishing what he started'. Let's put him back in the hot seat and then see in 18 months if he's turning the club around or completely fuc**ng it up. At least it will silence all the believers and doubters once and for all with fact rather than speculation.

2 hours ago, Borodin said:

More rumours, Zidane to PSG and they let Poch come back to Spurs .. clickbait gone mad.

I hope everyone will understand where I'm coming from here when I make the next statement, which is regardless of whether you are pro or anti Poch returning.

I really hope he returns soon and we finally get this monkey off our backs and find out if he's kill or cure. So many people claiming he'd be coming 'home' and 'finishing what he started'. Let's put him back in the hot seat and then see in 18 months if he's turning the club around or completely fuc**ng it up. At least it will silence all the believers and doubters once and for all with fact rather than speculation.

Can only judge Pochettino if he returns if he’s provided with the support he needs. His record was excellent in terms of finishing position in PL, bringing players on and club image. 

the perception was that he underachieved with players he had hit I think he over achieved given what we know now about some of the squad. 

the one thing he screwed up big time was the CL final. The way the team dropped off in last 12 months of his tenure was more down to lack of support in my opinion. 

Right now Pochettino would be better than the other options i see out there but he’s coming back to a squad worse than the one he left. 

5 minutes ago, Dazza1976 said:

Right now Pochettino would be better than the other options i see out there but he’s coming back to a squad worse than the one he left. 

Fair enough but he has to come back because he's considered the best option to sort this mess out, not because everyone is saying "Awwww it's Poch" as if he's some simpering puppy returning to his kennel.

If Poch comes back then no more excuses, he will have discussed budgets. squad etc etc with Levy and reached an agreement to return. If he succeeds I'll be the first to say well done but if he fails can we please put a thick black line through the name Mauricio Pochettino, sack him and kindly move on ??

I agree. 

I don't think the names that are being bandied around will come so he is probably the best of what appears to be available. 

If not him, I think Potter might be OK.

COYS