Spurs Web
gstyle76

why is adebayor still playing ?

He's our best striker.  Even when he is awful, we tend to do better.  He came back from the ACN (Defoe injured) and we were winning.  The second Defoe was introduced into the mix, we went in a tailspin.

Defoe = partner poison.  In the whole of 2012 if Defoe was on the pitch at the same time as Ade:  Ade only scored 2 prem goals. This year, similar stats.   

This is the VERY worst form of Ades entire career and he takes most of the blame.  But Defoe has never struck up a partnershp.  Not with Berbs, Bent, Keane, Pav etc.  Even with Crouch he was awful and that worked at Portsmouth.

If we are going to have one of two lemons on the pitch:  At least have one that is a bigger unit that can help the spine of the team re defending free kicks, corners and dragging other players out of position. 

If his contract lasts to the end of this week it's too long. Has he really done anything for us except a goal from one yard against Milan. I can't agree he's our best striker but Defoe isn't a lot better - so inconsistent.

We all knew that we needed a striker in the January window but Mr levy has let us down yet again.

Yep.  I have a feeling Lev hedged his bets perhaps due to us losing money recently coupled with Defoe scoring in Dec.  (I think even with the sale of Modders and VDV we still reported a loss)

Lev IMO loves deadline day too much...I think he has something equivalent to the gambler sweats when it approaches   At the end of the day we can sign a player whenever we want.  We signed Modders before the season even ended/transfer window opened.  The window closing is no excuse, we can get players/clubs to sign a pre/agreement/physical.  This OBVIOUS hole should have been filled before the end of last season, let alone during the transfer window. 

Hell it should have been filled 3 times over the season before that!

BTW I have faith that Ade will come good.  You can't keep a good player down:  His last 12 months have been awful, but every season before that he was scoring a goal every 2 games.  And that is striker gold. 

Even when the Gooner scum or Citeh were claiming he only signed for the money he was scoring.  

BTW I have faith that Ade will come good.  You can't keep a good player down:  His last 12 months have been awful, but every season before that he was scoring a goal every 2 games.  And that is striker gold. 

Even when the Gooner scum or Citeh were claiming he only signed for the money he was scoring.  

hes been that awful i wish we still had darren bent

Another poor miss from him again today, clean through and keeper to beat, looks like he tried to megs the keeper when easier to roll it into the corner, or should stick his foot right through the ball and give the keeper no chance,

Ade was poor today, missed a great chance. But I'd still rather have him in the team than defoe. We're better with Ade than defoe in the team. We look a better team more fluid create more chances.

Adebayor is probably a better footballer than Defoe but his attitude is 1000% less professional than Defoe's.It is a very difficult situation for us regarding strikers but the blame stops at Mr.Levy.This is after all,the man who thought it would be a good idea to spend £16 million on Darren Bent when we already had a superb trio of strikers in Berbatov,Keane and Defoe.

Unfortunately we just have to deal with it, I'm not hoping for anything this summer, as its very unlikely Levy will do anything about it.

My thinking is that this season was a tester for AVB by Levy. If he could hold his own after losing Modric and Rafa, with the shit of the Chelsea sacking and the media screaming for his scalp. If we could get 6th or higher. If AVB came through with what he proposed in his interview. Then, I reckon, Levy said he would put his hand in his pocket. Sure, it is frustrating, how many seasons for a decent striker?

IMO 'Arry wasn't a long termer for the club and now Levy knows he has the right man AVB. 

So deadley, I believe this will be the transfer summer we've been waiting for!

Give ceballos or coulthirst start on Thursday, even if he does nothing it won't matter because we have been playing with ten men since Christmas. And if he turns up plays brilliant and scores a couple, well then there you go.

cant beleive people saying ade is better than JD?

stats tell the whole story with goal scorers, we started season with JD and he was on fire, then Ade joins him and he dries up, they shouldnt play together really as they make similar movement, Ade is worse than Berbs for looking like he dont give a shit, at least Berbs performed whilst looking like that, the most Ade has tried this season was to foul the gooner skank and get sent off, that was his biggest attempt of the season and he got rewarded with a red and we got rewarded with a thumping.

I hate him as a player and person, he got a second life after the Togo /Angola shootings and hasnt done himself or his dead countrymen proud at all. He's not worth £15 a week but I bet we will have great trouble getting rid of him

cant beleive people saying ade is better than JD?

stats tell the whole story with goal scorers, we started season with JD and he was on fire, then Ade joins him and he dries up, they shouldnt play together really as they make similar movement, Ade is worse than Berbs for looking like he dont give a shit, at least Berbs performed whilst looking like that, the most Ade has tried this season was to foul the gooner skank and get sent off, that was his biggest attempt of the season and he got rewarded with a red and we got rewarded with a thumping.

I hate him as a player and person, he got a second life after the Togo /Angola shootings and hasnt done himself or his dead countrymen proud at all. He's not worth £15 a week but I bet we will have great trouble getting rid of him

100000000% agree,id fucking shoot him if given the chance