Spurs Web
CigarGuy

Are we happy with AVB?

He should stay, but he has done some silly things.

e.g.playing Friedel in latter stages of EL, playing high line with slow defenders, keeping Bale on the right in the hope that he can come inside and produce a worldy, I'm glad he did produce but we could have scored 2/3 simpler goals if he switched to the left. That was a classic example of putting all your eggs in one basket. 

It worked for him in the Soton game, so dont fix it if it aint broke. 

Hopefully he learns from these mistakes.

First time for years we have looked like a team, given the injuries and lack of choice up front I think we have had a good season. Unless there is a change and winning the Euro Cup qualifies you for Champs Lge I would just put weaker side out as I'm sure it cost us this season. Even our loanee policy hurt us as Rose and Townsend would have helped in the Wigan and Fulham games.

Euro Cup

Archer

Naughton Caulker Kaboul Rose

Parker Huddleston Carroll

Ceballos Defoe Townsend

Don't look too shabby, would not win it but gives them games   

Friedel played Europa because that was the managers policy from the start. Our main keeper played league and then number two played Europa... he stuck to that. Yes the high line is not ideal with Brad in goal or Gallas at CB.

Bale on the right???? He scored from the right against southampton! and city! and yesterday...

He should stay, but he has done some silly things.

e.g.playing Friedel in latter stages of EL, playing high line with slow defenders, keeping Bale on the right in the hope that he can come inside and produce a worldy, I'm glad he did produce but we could have scored 2/3 simpler goals if he switched to the left. That was a classic example of putting all your eggs in one basket. 

It worked for him in the Soton game, so dont fix it if it aint broke. 

Hopefully he learns from these mistakes.

think he has done a good job esp after losing Modric who was our link up man, would like to see us at home play the 4-4-2 with Lennon and Bale bombing down the wings causing havoc and then 4-2-3-1 (4-4-1-1) away from home. need at home to make the pitch as wide as possible as most teams come to defend and playing the way we do there is a lack of space. not being funny but play 2 centre forwards and tell them to get in the box, Bale and Lennon down the flanks who just get the ball, put it past defender and cross. Dembele making late runs into the box or edge of the area picking up loose balls with Sandro sitting.

Friedel played Europa because that was the managers policy from the start. Our main keeper played league and then number two played Europa... he stuck to that. Yes the high line is not ideal with Brad in goal or Gallas at CB.

Bale on the right???? He scored from the right against southampton! and city! and yesterday...

I know that was the policy, but as said at the time, this is not kids football where you give everyone a chance. I am sure that Friedel would have been ok if Lloris had played against Basel, we most probably would have won if Lloris played.

If Bale stays and plays off the right wing, then defenders will swarm around him and show him onto the right foot and will be ineffective. I dont mind him playing there occasionally but dont let him stand out there without making use of him.

We lost against Basel because our attitude was wrong for the first game... Second leg was mostly due to the fact that Bale and Lennon were absent and thus makes us a lot less effective away from home. Blaming the keeper is just grasping at straws but that's only my opinion and I respect yours but you can't play your best 11 every game unfortunately..

I know that was the policy, but as said at the time, this is not kids football where you give everyone a chance. I am sure that Friedel would have been ok if Lloris had played against Basel, we most probably would have won if Lloris played.

If Bale stays and plays off the right wing, then defenders will swarm around him and show him onto the right foot and will be ineffective. I dont mind him playing there occasionally but dont let him stand out there without making use of him.

Yep should be no trouble for a GK to play every game..

Cech might not have if they had a second keeper who wasn't absolute rubbish !!

I understand your point, but it's not too much trouble playing a GK all the time.

Look at Cech, I think he played in all the Europa games, certainly in the latter stages.

We lost Vander-Vart and Moderic. Can't see how we could have done any better. For now AVB is fine.

Without a replacement for Van Persie, the gooners will be in 7th place next season. How will they replace him. Man U bought him for nothing and paying Arsenal over time by INSTALLMENTS....!