Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
General Stupid

Man Utd ticket sales

Ok, this has been touched upon on other threads, but why so many Man Utd tickets on Stubhub. Up to last night there were 443, and this figure has been rising over the last week. Stubhub replaced the old ticket exchange system, and there was never anything like that on ANY of the games. To be honest I never saw more than the odd one or two. This is NOT a thread about whether or not you like Stubhub, (although I think it's a brilliant idea). I have already been derided for daring to say that 12 pm kick offs ruin a day out, so it can't be that. I have been physically threatened by someone who is meant to be a moderator for daring to say that the football AVB is serving up is crap. I am happy to accept your superior wisdom, so why the hell are there so many people desperate to offload their tickets for what is normally considered one of our biggest games, and many of them at very reasonable prices ?

I dislike Sunday games and hate midday kickoffs, whatever the result it spoils Sunday for me, but I think that's an age thing. I have never sold my ticket, but as I go with my son and grandson we always manage to find someone to go if any of us drop out. The game against Newcastle was the final straw for me for early kickoffs as I couldn't watch most of the game as the sun was in my eyes. I'll go because it's United but I'll be a bit more choosey with other early games.

Up until this year I had only missed a hand few of games in 15 years. Because I don't like the style of football now being served up I made a conscious decision to pick and chose more. With a change of manager I may well revert back to going to all the games. Mid day kick offs are just horrible. Its a rush to the game, no drinking time and thus no atmosphere. With few exceptions the games are normally rubbish as well. I then get home expecting to go to bed a few hours later, and its still the middle of the afternoon. Indefinitely this gives my old woman more time to nag me.

On another note, why the hell is the Stoke game at 4pm on Sunday. There is no EUROPA game and we are not on telly

I dislike Sunday games and hate midday kickoffs, whatever the result it spoils Sunday for me, but I think that's an age thing. I have never sold my ticket, but as I go with my son and grandson we always manage to find someone to go if any of us drop out. The game against Newcastle was the final straw for me for early kickoffs as I couldn't watch most of the game as the sun was in my eyes. I'll go because it's United but I'll be a bit more choosey with other early games.

Mate it's Man Utd, and the game is a month before Christmas.

Any way, now 468 tickets, that's about 1 in 50 season ticket holders.

I reckon that Stoke game will be a low turnout with so many home games in December and falling between Christmas and New Year

But that obviously isn't the case as no one appears to be buying them. I believe that first and foremost people don't want mid day kick offs, and secondly the football being served up is dross

If you are going to make a few quid then Man U is one of the games to do it I guess.

But that obviously isn't the case as no one appears to be buying them. I believe that first and foremost people don't want mid day kick offs, and secondly the football being served up is dross

The problem I have with such early kick off is that I have to leave at 7 am. But the good side is I get home early.

Everyone has as a slightly different routine, but the majority of blokes like a good 3 or 4 hours in the pub, Early kick offs prevent this. Getting home early only gives my wife more time to nag me

The problem I have with such early kick off is that I have to leave at 7 am. But the good side is I get home early.

Everyone has as a slightly different routine, but the majority of blokes like a good 3 or 4 hours in the pub, Early kick offs prevent this. Getting home early only gives my wife more time to nag me

If it was the 'majority of blokes,' as you say, then there wouldn't be enough pubs. Considering that there will probably be 36,0000 people at White Hart Lane then those 'majority,' you speak of, will actually be the minority.

Have you ever thought of treating you wife by taking her to a game; then she might not 'nag' you too much. In the process she might teach you a few things.

Sounds like the main issue is your missus not the game time. Anyone who has a ticket and really wanted to attend would regardless of the Kick Off time... No one is forcing you to go.

Not been on StubHub but I'm guessing most of the tickets are currently at a stupid price. 

Football is a mans domain. I really don't like women at football matches, as they don't really understand it. I love my wife, but I also believe the kitchen is a better environment for her.

I have put my ticket up for £110, which is about half the average price. The cheapest on there is about £88. That isn't the point though voice, it's about why there are so many. The latest count is now 542. I know we don't agree on much, but surely you must find that concerning

If it was the 'majority of blokes,' as you say, then there wouldn't be enough pubs. Considering that there will probably be 36,0000 people at White Hart Lane then those 'majority,' you speak of, will actually be the minority.

Have you ever thought of treating you wife by taking her to a game; then she might not 'nag' you too much. In the process she might teach you a few things.

Mate, you have it all wrong. Going to a football match regardless of who you support, is NOT just about watching a game, if it were, why would I spend time travelling 120 miles round trip to watch a game that is on telly?

Football is about meeting up with your mates, having a few beers, something to eat, some banter and soaking up the pre match atmosphere. This can not be done when the kick off is 12pm. If you disagree that's fine, but please give me a reason why there are 542 tickets up for sale on stubhub?

Sounds like the main issue is your missus not the game time. Anyone who has a ticket and really wanted to attend would regardless of the Kick Off time... No one is forcing you to go.

Not been on StubHub but I'm guessing most of the tickets are currently at a stupid price. 

Football is a mans domain. I really don't like women at football matches, as they don't really understand it. I love my wife, but I also believe the kitchen is a better environment for her.

I have put my ticket up for £110, which is about half the average price. The cheapest on there is about £88. That isn't the point though voice, it's about why there are so many. The latest count is now 542. I know we don't agree on much, but surely you must find that concerning

Football is a peoples game. Of course there are men and women who don't understand football; but those that go normally do. Not matter what sex they are. If you've met women who don't understand football then that is down to the circles you move in. I, on the other hand, have met lots of women who know about football.

You probably see a woman as somebody to do your biddings. This probably hides a deeper psychological problem.

I am concerned in the sense that I go to all games; no matter what (that is home games). I want a season ticket and if there are people out there who just sell their tickets to make money then that is wrong.

There are very few people like that. I have put mine up for sale because I hate mid day kick offs. I have however put it up for a price I think it is worth. I could easily sell it a face value, but I believe it is worth more than that, and if it doesn't sell at the price I think it is worth, I will go myself. I should point out that my asking price is only half the average being asked, so I am not greedy. I have asked already several times on this thread, what is the reason behind the lack of interest in this game. I am sticking with poor footballing entertainment and an early kick off. So far my opinion has been challenged, but nobody wants to give me theirs with the exception of one person who thinks it is a chance for people to make money. I respect that opinion, but does anyone really think that a 3pm Saturday kick off against the one of the top sides would have so many tickets up for sale ?

With regards to your physiological assessment. I am just old school mate. I despise most modern opinions regarding equal rights for women, and indeed foreigners, gays or  mentalists. I long for the days football crowds were almost solely working class men out for a good day, which would include a good drink and the opportunity to hurl abuse at the opposing team and their supporters, without the fear of being arrested because I upset some minority, or even worse a liberal fascist such as David Badiel

Football is a peoples game. Of course there are men and women who don't understand football; but those that go normally do. Not matter what sex they are. If you've met women who don't understand football then that is down to the circles you move in. I, on the other hand, have met lots of women who know about football.

You probably see a woman as somebody to do your biddings. This probably hides a deeper psychological problem.

I am concerned in the sense that I go to all games; no matter what (that is home games). I want a season ticket and if there are people out there who just sell their tickets to make money then that is wrong.

There are very few people like that. I have put mine up for sale because I hate mid day kick offs. I have however put it up for a price I think it is worth. I could easily sell it a face value, but I believe it is worth more than that, and if it doesn't sell at the price I think it is worth, I will go myself. I should point out that my asking price is only half the average being asked, so I am not greedy. I have asked already several times on this thread, what is the reason behind the lack of interest in this game. I am sticking with poor footballing entertainment and an early kick off. So far my opinion has been challenged, but nobody wants to give me theirs with the exception of one person who thinks it is a chance for people to make money. I respect that opinion, but does anyone really think that a 3pm Saturday kick off against the one of the top sides would have so many tickets up for sale ?

With regards to your physiological assessment. I am just old school mate. I despise most modern opinions regarding equal rights for women, and indeed foreigners, gays or  mentalists. I long for the days football crowds were almost solely working class men out for a good day, which would include a good drink and the opportunity to hurl abuse at the opposing team and their supporters, without the fear of being arrested because I upset some minority, or even worse a liberal fascist such as David Badiel

Concerning your last paragraph; the future is what will be, the past will soon vanish into a black hole. You may have your views; but you are part of a vanish world.

I agree, took a woman who hated football to the lane once, she ended up getting pissed and leading the singing from the shelf, modern women eh, thoroughly enjoyed herself, still hates football though.

Thanks for your constructive post, I am sure the rest of the forum can learn from your wisdom

Maybe it's the 500 seats around general knob cheese, imagine having to sit next to that....he should post that he ain't going to the match, that'll get sales going.

In your circles perhaps I am, in mine I certainly am not. I f your enjoying the silent terraces we now have, that's great. Personally I preferred it when the Lane had an atmosphere. My guess is that you are part of the campaign that wants the removal of the "Y" word.

Considering your age group Voice, I am a little ashamed of you

Concerning your last paragraph; the future is what will be, the past will soon vanish into a black hole. You may have your views; but you are part of a vanish world.

Thanks for your constructive post, I am sure the rest of the forum can learn from your wisdom

Bearing in mind that you posted "I despise most modern opinions regarding equal rights for women, and indeed foreigners, gays or mentalists",I'm not sure that you are qualified to question other people's wisdom....

Oh and 542 tickets have been put up for sale on Stubhub? That's it then,it's all over for THFC......

Of course it's not all over at THFC, Levy can always get another manager. To be fair though, even more than the boring football we are enduring, the biggest reason is 12pm kick offs. I can only presume most people on here don't go to the matches, if they think it is a good idea. The football is normally even worse, and partly because of the lack of atmosphere at that time of day. Most supporters have to travel quite a long way as well.

I am surprised that you agree with such people attending games, but that is choice. I could draw up a much longer list, but I was generalising.

Bearing in mind that you posted "I despise most modern opinions regarding equal rights for women, and indeed foreigners, gays or mentalists",I'm not sure that you are qualified to question other people's wisdom....
Oh and 542 tickets have been put up for sale on Stubhub? That's it then,it's all over for THFC......

In your circles perhaps I am, in mine I certainly am not. I f your enjoying the silent terraces we now have, that's great. Personally I preferred it when the Lane had an atmosphere. My guess is that you are part of the campaign that wants the removal of the "Y" word.

Considering your age group Voice, I am a little ashamed of you

Never be ashamed my friend; I am unique.... it is you that you should worry about.

No; in the circles of reality and the world.