Quality Versus trash AKA Spurs V Liverpool

Revenge or despair   

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Salah or So long

• Win and dance on Klopps grave
    • Lose and dance on Joses grave
    • Draw and be happy dancing in the front room on nobodies grave

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/21 at 08:20 PM

1 hour ago, Alonso said:

That is my opinion whether you agree or not does not matter one bit 

And that is the whole point of a forum, to debate topics and give our personal assessment of players, managers, owners, transfers etc etc. We may not agree on what the way forward is for this wonderful club but we all ultimately want the same thing for it..success.

I love to see members constructively discuss a topic and watch as some are swayed by another's viewpoint (yes it does happen) or when after much debate the members realise they will never persuade each other to change their minds and simply agree to disagree.

What I do not like to see, and will not tolerate, is when discussions deteriorate into personal insults or one member simply telling another member that he's talking utter rubbish. As forum members we all have a voice, and it should be heard and respected. Many postings on here I attribute a 'like' rating to. I do not necessarily agree with the posting but I appreciate the manner in which the opinions are expressed and the reasons given for holding them. So if you see a 'like' from me please do not assume it infers I am also in agreement with the post.

As Moderators we are here to maintain a certain level of decorum so that potential members will feel more comfortable about joining and participating in thread discussions and the existing ones who are less vociferous than others are not shouted down or forced to remain silent for fear of an insultive or threatening response. No matter how passionate you feel about a subject if someone else does not share your views then accept that with grace and respect their right to feel that way.

It's difficult enough in here to maintain a flow of conversation amongst the threads with current problems but the very least we can do is remain civil with each other. I trust I can rely on all of you for your support regarding this.

COYS !!

26 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Someone s sofa knowledge needs to be rained in,,i was the 1st to falll into the bullshit ,,,now not the last ,,,,

No matter where you think the source of someone's viewpoint is coming from, as I stated just now it needs to at least be respected that they have the right  to express it within these pages. With regard to 'reining in' then perhaps some people are a little over zealous in trying to put their points across but as long as it's done enthusiastically rather than insultively then I see no harm. It's when we relegate ourselves to saying "That's bollocks" or "What do you know" that the whole foundation of the forum crumbles and we become nothing more than particpants in a schoolyard slanging match.

Let's all try and show a little consideration and tolerance for each other please. I'm afraid that with current spectator bans all any of us have is 'sofa knowledge' at the moment. Just remember that every post in here is all about someone's personal perception of a situation and something that each one of us is fully entitled to have.

Jumps off soapbox and heads for lounge to watch some footy.

PS

If any of you watch via android tablet or mobile then try this link https://techbigs.com/oreo-tv-2.html

It's Oreo TV version 1.9.1

After installing you will see a list of folders in the Live TV section. The one you want is entitled Hallow. Check it out for listings of all the major satellite channels to watch the games.

If any of you do try it please let me know what you think. If you get an error message first time you try to open it don't worry. Just close it down and try again :16:

There is currently a problem with Sky Sports News channel on all 'dodgy' streams. It just keeps looping. It should get sorted soon. I'll also post this link in a seperate thread.

Enjoy

I am aware that in recent months I have been almost...a lone voice of support for Jose. Often answering comments from many posters every time I respond to one post. Having what I consider a forthright opinion and not being a "follower" I speak in a direct  manner and often don't mean to cause offence and forget to add the Lol. Weeks ago I said I felt like Custer!! Still do.

It is not nice to be disliked but I won't change my ways so now is the time to leave the Forum again. It's not worth waking up at 4am and not being able to get back to sleep because of worry ove a football forum.

I have had problems with a few individuals on this forum and often have contributed to misunderstanding and even more often I have posted responses to posts to try and encourage a response. Subjects such as Brexit, Covid and many other topical subjects have bitten the dust due to lack of response.

One particular poster has baited me for many months and still is!!..with no comments from the Moderators and now I have incurred the displeasure of another 2 or 3 posters then it is time to call it a day.

Good luck to Borodin on his hard work in revitalising the forum and his early attempts to set and maintain the standards of the forum

I leave knowing for 5 and a half years I have fully contributed to this forum and never intended to cause any individual upset..

ASC,

Nobody dislikes you, I don't even know you, so how on earth could I?  You are a name on a screen as is everyone else  .Do not take offence to my comments, I was merely trying to make you see that others have views and that they may even be correct even when they do not align with your own.  But more so I was trying to say not to make comments like "match day posters" and "I have questioned peoples knowledge before and now I am again" type comments.  That comes across as disrespectful even if not meant to be.  The written word is often hard to attain the true intention, no tone, no inflection no facial expression to make things clear.  It is about expressing one's point of view, not imposing one's view on others and definitely not slagging or even discounting others.  That's all.  I look at James as one who does it so very well, yes he disagrees with comments but he always does so in a way that does not offend but merely express his views.

Stay or go, that is your choice.  The forum will go on either way.  If all had the same viewpoint it may just get boring. Up to you.

Everton lost - The Arse drew with Manure. It leave us still in the chase. Let's hope Villa and Southampton share the points too.

As for liking/disliking other posters on here ..... what's the point?  As Alonso says (and I really can't stand him) we are just names on a screen. It's a shame Asc is leaving, not that I like him either.

Borodin also makes good points (really dislike him) - as for Audere, don't even ask!  James (awful) and 8Ball (detestable) contribute good points, but it doesn't make me like them.

In fact, after careful consideration, I have decided that I'm the only tidy bloke here !

1 hour ago, Asc3 said:

I am aware that in recent months I have been almost...a lone voice of support for Jose. Often answering comments from many posters every time I respond to one post. Having what I consider a forthright opinion and not being a "follower" I speak in a direct  manner and often don't mean to cause offence and forget to add the Lol. Weeks ago I said I felt like Custer!! Still do.

It is not nice to be disliked but I won't change my ways so now is the time to leave the Forum again. It's not worth waking up at 4am and not being able to get back to sleep because of worry ove a football forum.

I have had problems with a few individuals on this forum and often have contributed to misunderstanding and even more often I have posted responses to posts to try and encourage a response. Subjects such as Brexit, Covid and many other topical subjects have bitten the dust due to lack of response.

One particular poster has baited me for many months and still is!!..with no comments from the Moderators and now I have incurred the displeasure of another 2 or 3 posters then it is time to call it a day.

Good luck to Borodin on his hard work in revitalising the forum and his early attempts to set and maintain the standards of the forum

I leave knowing for 5 and a half years I have fully contributed to this forum and never intended to cause any individual upset..

Naturally we are sorry to see you go. I can only assure you that you are certainly not disliked on here. If you felt at any time you were being 'baited' rather than just involved in banter then a personal message to any of the moderators would have alerted us to the situation and we could have tried to intervene.

I will ask you to reconsider but also respect your decision if you do still decide to leave. All I can absolutely guarantee is that you and your posts will be very greatly missed. I'm sure I speak for every member of this forum in saying that.

Hope you decide to remain. Take care.

1 hour ago, Asc3 said:

I don't think you should leave, Asc.

There are more on here as well as you who are ardent JM supporters. They get equally emotionally irked when the anti JM posters want him out. 

I don't want to insult you by implying I am offering you advice, but I would like to offer my view as to why this resigning issue has resurfaced. 

As Borodin, I and others have said before on here, making personal  comments in replies will attract responses equally abusive. That is why we discourage it. As you express your views strongly disagreeing, then it is inevitable the replies will be equally as strong in replying. 

You and I have got on well just lately and kept to friendly banter between us. However, I was upset when you appeared to be attacking me personally which is why I tried to re-explain my views. However, your response  was to imply I was an idiot by using Mr8ball's term a coconut. As laid back and tolerant which I usually am, you caught me on a bad day. That is why I continued with the discussion we were having and it turned into an argument. I am prepared to admit that as I am a Moderator, it could have been handled better. However I will not apologise as I still feel you were very rude to me by including me in the group you referred to as coconuts. 

It didn't escape my notice that my name was absent when wishing Borodin well. That implies that my posts are behind your decision. 

The pro JM supporters need you as does the forum to put alternative views. So, personally,  I think we should shake hands and put the situation behind us, but the decision is yours. All I would add is, if you continue to put your views forward as strongly as you do, then you must be prepared to receive replies back written in the same manner. 

COYS 

Asc ,,,truly I do not want you to leave and lose sleep cos posters don’t agree with you opinions,,,

but ya can’t try and demonise posters intelligent’s cos they don’t agree with you ,,,I don’t like your posts cos I don’t agree,,the mods told me off last time when we went at at it ...

I read your posts and yes I used your sofa analogy ( sarcasm) agree or not ,,,that’s what they said 

I like you mate but JM being gods gift hmmm ,,I want him to succeed truly ( as all spurs managers) but I don’t have to like the negative tactics ...strong views are not resolved  by typing lol

1 minute ago, Mr8ball said:

Asc ,,,truly I do not want you to leave and lose sleep cos posters don’t agree with you opinions,,,

but ya can’t try and demonise posters intelligent’s cos they don’t agree with you ,,,I don’t like your posts cos I don’t agree,,the mods told me off last time when we went at at it ...

I read your posts and yes I used your sofa analogy ( sarcasm) agree or not ,,,that’s what they said 

I like you mate but JM being gods gift hmmm ,,I want him to succeed truly ( as all spurs managers) but I don’t have to like the negative tactics ...strong views are not resolved  by typing lol.   (Just showing hubby how to quote a post The Mrs!!!!) xxxx

43 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:
47 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

I like you mate but JM being gods gift hmmm ,,I want him to succeed truly ( as all spurs managers) but I don’t have to like the negative tactics ...strong views are not resolved  by typing lol.   (Just showing hubby how to quote a post The Mrs!!!!) xxxx

Dear Mrs 8 ball...please show him how to 'edit' one as well so that if he feels the need to add something he does not need to post another. Saves reading three when just one edited post would suffice. Cheers, take care and stay safe.

1 minute ago, Mr8ball said:

I will try to! Lol he never listens to me Mrs 8 ball 

He thinks the world of you, it's very obvious in his posts whenever you are mentioned.

(We only pretend not to listen) :two:

Awwww bless you guys, he loves this site so much! He always goes on about not knowing about the internet etc, but he truly loves this site his heart is in it even if he can’t say it through text! Which I think is the main problem here! He has met some truly great friends even if he don’t agree with them! Thanks for listening Mrs8Ball xxx

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

By the way he does not know I’ve messaged this, please stick up for me!!!!! Xxxx

I'm very confused I feel like a female alien has landed and has infiltrated And I have to be careful what I say about my missus now. So Mr8 is that actually you or is it your wife, Do I have to shave and dress nice when I come on the site now and stop mentioning Holly Willoughby:5:

2 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

By the way he does not know I’ve messaged this, please stick up for me!!!!! Xxxx

You are such a refreshing and wonderful addition and, as  Moderator, I welcome you with open arms. 

Perhaps the randy Audere who I have put on bromide can be controlled now. 

COYS 

Oh kin hell ,,,the general has infiltrated my only man space ,,it’s not even a shed ,,,look everyone world wide spurs web members who ever anyone is ,,,black white pink with blue spots even the welsh ,,,and our truly bombastic mate asc for being himself,,,love to ya all coys ,,