Spurs Web
Borodin

Man City Vs SPURS Sat 13th Feb 17.30pm

After watching both teams play earlier this evening in the FA Cup I simply cannot see us winning this game. Their new record of 15 consecutive domestic wins should become 16 and to stop it and manage a draw would be a tremendous achievement.

I will give us the luxury of another Kane/Son combination goal but can see Lloris be extremely busy and error prone because of the undoubted pressure he will come under from their attack.

Very sad to say but I reckon we will lose 4-1

I dunno mate I reckon we will make them defend a bit than they want to .yes they are scary good at the moment but we can push them back with good quick positive passing and movement.

yes we will have to soak up the pressure at times ,,,but they will have to aswell

I share your view that if we play like this against City it will be fraught with danger. It certainly has given JM food for thought - it poses him problems with who play at FB & CB as we can't afford to give away soft goals. 

That said Hugo had one of his off days last night which played a part in us losing. If he plays to his best which is quite possible, it may be a closer game. 

If we simply defend, it lets their FB get up the field at will. If we get into their final third, it reduces their attacking flair. Also it increases the pressure we are putting on City. 

Regardless of whatever formation we opt for, City will be favourites to win. It is up to us to not be frightened of them, but to think positive and to at least try to win imo. I don't feel we were reckless last night in our attacking, I think the defence has to hold it's hands up to share the blame. 

I hope we play as we did last night and go for the shock win - we have nothing to lose as we will be expected to be beaten. If we do, I go for a 2 - 2 draw. 

COYS 

Tbh I am feeling a lot more confident about our chances after the last 2 matches ,,,the prospect of Jose having a go at these boys now looks very much on the cards .

i now think Jose is only just learning his starting 11 and which systems suit certain players ,,,

Lamela to be an utter shithouse and piss them off. Ndombele to dazzle with skills.
Lucas and Bergwijn to find some end product. Hojbjerg to put recent soft displays behind him. Son & Kane lethal as usual. Aurier back firing. Reguillon making Zidane eat his words. Dier in lumbering beast mode with Toby rolling back the years. Lloris shot stopping like his prime.

It’s happening my friends against City!

Spurs to lose 3-1. 

I think the players and Jose are gonna be up for this ,,nothing to lose everything to gain ,,,so we are expected to lose the pressure is on City .we can’t let city’s centre backs wonder up to the half way line without being challenged,,,make them play it long ,,,make them play as defenders not extra midfielders,,,if we set that tone from the start the match will be very tight .COYS 

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

I think the players and Jose are gonna be up for this ,,nothing to lose everything to gain ,,,so we are expected to lose the pressure is on City .we can’t let city’s centre backs wonder up to the half way line without being challenged,,,make them play it long ,,,make them play as defenders not extra midfielders,,,if we set that tone from the start the match will be very tight .COYS 

I honestly admire your optimism my friend but I have visions of "The Battle Of The Little Big Horn" being re-enacted on a soccer pitch, and we definitely are NOT the indians. :12:

I know what ya mean mate ,,but the changed in tactics gives me optimism,,,,can’t throw that towel in ,,fcuk em ,,puff ya chests out don’t give them any respect,,,,let them worry about us 

we know what they will do pass pass pass move ,,,stop that at the source,,the centre backs and goal keeper ,,,make them play it long ,,they don’t like it up’em lol

10 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I honestly admire your optimism my friend but I have visions of "The Battle Of The Little Big Horn" being re-enacted on a soccer pitch, and we definitely are NOT the indians. :12:

Maybe Zulu,,mate fight the swarm that’s coming ,,where them down ,,take what they have then strike hard and fast COYS ,,,I have had to many painkillers for my jaw lol

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

I know what ya mean mate ,,but the changed in tactics gives me optimism,,,,can’t throw that towel in ,,fcuk em ,,puff ya chests out don’t give them any respect,,,,let them worry about us 

we know what they will do pass pass pass move ,,,stop that at the source,,the centre backs and goal keeper ,,,make them play it long ,,they don’t like it up’em lol

Reminded me of this and cheered me up....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhWlAKdlQp4

7 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Na it’s says they have blocked it cos your from a dodgy country lol 

Sorry about that lads, it was just Corporal Jones from Dad's army brandishing his bayonet and saying "They don't like it up 'em". :16:

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Sorry about that lads, it was just Corporal Jones from Dad's army brandishing his bayonet and saying "They don't like it up 'em". :16:

My card exact sentiments I was thinking just don't tell him your name nike fixed ,bayonets and go out and like we did last time I'm as someone else's said I think we could be there bogi team for Life her let's get one on the board and cheer are still up for God's sake I need some light at the end of my tunnel DIY nightmare and my Mum took another nosedive today, luckily back safely.

I just hope it doesn't end with

we're all doooooomed

For Borodin :16:

Here is our team to take on City this evening...

Starting XI: Lloris (C), Tanganga, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lamela, Lucas, Son, Kane. Substitutes: Hart, Alderweireld, Doherty, Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Bale, Bergwijn, Vinicius.

I must admit that our back four terrify me...but unfortunately they will definitely not have that effect on the City attack.

Oh jeez think Dier is starting?Tanganga if we're not going to start with a strongest defence every game how are they going to be consistent and build a rapport, I don't know how you can ever get a rapport with Dier only speaks headless chicken language.....bkaaaa