Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  

Our prayers are answered

Kyle Naughton wants to leave us in the summer because he wants to play as a right back rather than on the left of defence,.

I'd leave him Right Back in the fucking Grandstand if it was up to me,. Will Hodgy let him go???

Daily Mirror report Thursday.

• my take on this one, he is a defender, he defends, yes he is not stylish and does not bomb on like " a modern day full back" but sometimes you need someone with the discipline to defend, to me he is good cover and does not warrant a starting place however you cannot knock what he does. he does not give stupid fouls away like Kyle Walker, he does not bomb on and then can't track back like Danny Rose. i like him as a full back and a defender however this day an age we all want the full back who bombs on and joins in attack.

i suppose it all depends on what we want.

Come on mjb...this club wants to win...they can't do it with the likes of him.

The reality is Kyle will end up at a bottom feeder fighting for their place year over year.  He is defensively responsible but in this day and age those guys wouldn't be too difficult to locate.

Hope Walker doesn't get injured if Naughton does go.....

Verts at right back probably wouldn't go down too well...............

Walker's injured already! Maybe now all the people who slag Walker off will realise what a good player he is and how much we will miss him. Since his injury we have 2 games, 2 defeats. Let's see what happens tonight?

Walker's injured already! Maybe now all the people who slag Walker off will realise what a good player he is and how much we will miss him. Since his injury we have 2 games, 2 defeats. Let's see what happens tonight?

i sure as he'll missed Walker against Norwich. Not because Naughton was bad defensively but because Walker offers so much more going forward.

I lived in Norwich for 15 years and they hated him when he was there, so If you are asking me as a Spurs fan what I would do with him I would shove a hose pipe up his dirtbox march him to epping forest insert some barbed wire until it touches his kidneys and pull the hose out, have some of them apples you useless twat !

I lived in Norwich for 15 years and they hated him when he was there, so If you are asking me as a Spurs fan what I would do with him I would shove a hose pipe up his dirtbox march him to epping forest insert some barbed wire until it touches his kidneys and pull the hose out, have some of them apples you useless twat !

Seems a tad harsh.

Kyle Naughton wants to leave us in the summer because he wants to play as a right back rather than on the left of defence,.

I'd leave him Right Back in the fucking Grandstand if it was up to me,. Will Hodgy let him go???

Daily Mirror report Thursday.

Who is "Hodgy"

And

Where's my joke ?

Perhaps it is a tad harsh but it seems to me we allow hundreds of people to wear a shirt that aint all that good and they seem to move on and do little, Stalteri, Ifil, Jackson,  and perhaps the biggest one of all ended up playing with me at Barnet .. Peter Guthrie !!! come on let us please have a proper player in these roles to start with, some very fortunate people get to run out at the lane and they bloody well shouldn't , in 3 years time Danny Rose will be at a club like Watford and then disappear, you mark my words

• my take on this one, he is a defender, he defends, yes he is not stylish and does not bomb on like " a modern day full back" but sometimes you need someone with the discipline to defend, to me he is good cover and does not warrant a starting place however you cannot knock what he does. he does not give stupid fouls away like Kyle Walker, he does not bomb on and then can't track back like Danny Rose. i like him as a full back and a defender however this day an age we all want the full back who bombs on and joins in attack.
  • i suppose it all depends on what we want.

Can't agree with you on this one Hodgy - Rose is completely shit at tracking back. He is slow and half hearted. I'd have Benny back at LB in a heartbeat.

Rose will be playing in the Championship in 2 years time - let's just hope it isn't for Spurs !!

please lord, let the rumors be true!

and while you're at it, please do us the favor and let Rose self-injure, so Zeki can play for him, who is much better and would probably give us more stability at the back and unbelievable assists for Ade. Let Tim finally understand that Andros shouldn't play on the right, that we need Christian in the offensive and Nabil has to play more defensive as he did in his debut against Southampton. Please, let Soldado score and Kaboul, Walker, Etienne recover from their injuries. Please, let Lamela stick with us and give us the right manager who has a clue, how to handle a big talent that he is.

please, let Tim find a four-leave clover, cause luck is all he can fall back on. please, let him choose the right players for the next matches and stop him doing harm to the squad, cause it really seems he doesn't have a clue how to set a starting line-up tactically, that is strong enough to break trough the opponents defense! Give us a chance and when we can't reach the top 4, please let us win the EL to gain some reputation and keep our players, like Lloris and Verts that want to leave us. 

amen

Shame, he speaks highly of you.

As cover right back I doubt we can afford a better replacement.

Think he's a decent player.

Kaboom could do the job, so as Etienne and Chiriches. unfortunately they are all injured.

You are right he is our only alternative at the moment. But I just can't believe that the management really planned with Naughton as replacement for Walker! We sold Adam Smith. Maybe it's justified, but why do we sell players, when we don't have an adequate replacement? I can tell you 5 players that are available, better and cheaper than Naughton. very rare, but Including british players! ;-)

Kaboom could do the job, so as Etienne and Chiriches. unfortunately they are all injured.

You are right he is our only alternative at the moment. But I just can't believe that the management really planned with Naughton as replacement for Walker! We sold Adam Smith. Maybe it's justified, but why do we sell players, when we don't have an adequate replacement? I can tell you 5 players that are available, better and cheaper than Naughton. very rare, but Including british players! ;-)

I never see the attraction with sticking your best CB out of position. 

Capoue is no right back.

Vlad...interesting, very interesting.

Vlad have played that role already in the past and I'm convinced that in an emergency Etienne could play that role as well. He isn't the best crosser, I grant, but he is faster than Vertonghen for example, who already played as a LB. But because of Etiennes pace, he would be a better fullback as Verts ever could. I'm also convinced that Rose isn't completely useless. but unfortunately for the position as a left back he is shit. I know it sounds strange, but imagine Rose in the mid! left of course and as a sub, but a player of his kinds could offer more options in the defense or to hold a result for example! by the way Rose started as LA and LM!

I believe Vlad can play RB better than Kaboul and Naughton but I don't want Vlad to play RB regularly.

We should keep looking for a RB to compete with Walker. Or give Frederick a chance next season.

I already give up on Naughton and Rose. Rose is just a poor defender.

I do like Fryers as backup LB. He is very raw but he got size and pace like Walker.

i like your style

you can stay