Jump to content
Spurs Web
Neophyte

2021 Winter / Summer Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Borodin said:

My main concern is reserve goalkeeper. I'm afraid I just have no confidence in Hart for the big matches.

Totally understand your concern. Hart and Bale cause me to worry about Jose's total decision making. Still in booth cases they could have been valuable additions to the squad but I don't think I would rely on either of them.

ive never liked Hugo as Captain or when he has made his increasing mistakes but on average he has been an asset that will start to lose his shine soon. Hard to replace as we are finding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26 November 2020 at 3:20 PM, Asc3 said:

I can hardly believe I'm going to say this but for the first time in 5 years and having previously moaned incessantly about the affect on our availability to be Permanent Top 4 and European Elite have we actually arrived at the point that we don't need a 2nd Striker????

Having a World Class Manager who has made dramatic in roads into modernising the squad and made a few purchases of more value than their cost and enthused the remainder of the squad. Do we really need anyone else. I think we may have the goal capability we need currently within the squad.

i recall a couple of seasons ago saying Son was having a great season and did we need the 2nd Striker.

Is this another false dawn????

Had to quote myself ( No one else will) 

It is reported that Jose has informed Mr Levy that he does not need additions to the squad in this January window. My view exactly. We have  recruited the squad and now need to blend them into a well motivated, full of morale team fully aware of their place within the team/squad. More than ever this season is a squad game.

Jose is developing the squad from a low point last season. We will almost certainly be Top 6 this year and have to see if any of our top players want to leave in the Summer. If not one or possibly two top European signings should be enough to return us to Top 4 automatic European status.

Like all things in life patience is required. The good days are going to return it's only a matter of time. 

Poch is rumoured to want Dele and Eriksen...so as a new Manager he's not setting his expectations too high..but good luck to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t get rid of dele and replace with a foreign player ,,we have to fill the home grown quota ,,,so if we aren’t gonna buy anyone and dele goes ,,,that space might get filled by Harvey white ,,or others from the academy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Asc3 said:

Had to quote myself ( No one else will) 

It is reported that Jose has informed Mr Levy that he does not need additions to the squad in this January window. My view exactly. We have  recruited the squad and now need to blend them into a well motivated, full of morale team fully aware of their place within the team/squad. More than ever this season is a squad game.

Jose is developing the squad from a low point last season. We will almost certainly be Top 6 this year and have to see if any of our top players want to leave in the Summer. If not one or possibly two top European signings should be enough to return us to Top 4 automatic European status.

Like all things in life patience is required. The good days are going to return it's only a matter of time. 

Poch is rumoured to want Dele and Eriksen...so as a new Manager he's not setting his expectations too high..but good luck to him.

Come off it, Asc - stop fishing for compliments - you are not a, 'Billy no mates' on here.  LOLI

I agree in that we have a very useful squad which, on paper, should be able to be a strong enough to challenge for possibly 4th place and probably top 6. Therefore, if the aim is steadily working to establish ourselves as a top European club, we are not really desperate for new players at the moment if we can be confident of achieving a CL place plus a cup or two. 

For  me, the real problem we face is how will Harry and Sonny react if we are not top 4, especially if we fail to win silverware. Will they stay for yet another season and will be able to replace them with established top players. 

From a strong confident position some 2 months ago, we have edged dangerously close to the cliff edge. Do we trust the manager and players to sort out the situation or, as an insurance, bring in a couple of established top players?

Whether we strengthen the squad or rely on those we have, neither can be considered as a certainty for success. As you have highlighted in earlier posts, injuries, bad referee/VAR decisions and and bad luck and steal points from us. 

I'm on my comfortable fence again as I haven't a clue what course to take. We have a few games to play before the window closes. The results may provide a guide as to which path to follow. I suspect this is what JM is doing. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

Come off it, Asc - stop fishing for compliments - you are not a, 'Billy no mates' on here.  LOLI

I agree in that we have a very useful squad which, on paper, should be able to be a strong enough to challenge for possibly 4th place and probably top 6. Therefore, if the aim is steadily working to establish ourselves as a top European club, we are not really desperate for new players at the moment if we can be confident of achieving a CL place plus a cup or two. 

For  me, the real problem we face is how will Harry and Sonny react if we are not top 4, especially if we fail to win silverware. Will they stay for yet another season and will be able to replace them with established top players. 

From a strong confident position some 2 months ago, we have edged dangerously close to the cliff edge. Do we trust the manager and players to sort out the situation or, as an insurance, bring in a couple of established top players?

Whether we strengthen the squad or rely on those we have, neither can be considered as a certainty for success. As you have highlighted in earlier posts, injuries, bad referee/VAR decisions and and bad luck and steal points from us. 

I'm on my comfortable fence again as I haven't a clue what course to take. We have a few games to play before the window closes. The results may provide a guide as to which path to follow. I suspect this is what JM is doing. 

COYS 

I still believe when Jose was appointed last year the Club and Fans could only dream of a Top 4 this season. We were spoilt by a temporary Top Spot.

Still think  we continue  to develop the squad and identify the deadwood to go in January or the Summer and hope our Top players are not financially enticed away. A Top 4 finish will be enough of a carrot to the Top European players to join Spurs. Despite some comments on this forum I think Jose is still respected by those that know football. Players will know they wouldn't get many better Managers or better run clubs.

I would like to see signs of more breakthroughs from the academy. We have had success but is often slow coming. I would like to see more trust shown in the occasional youngster. There must be a lucky diamond waiting for the opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

Yeah on sonny’s contract.

Many a true word said in jest. 

I have just read that Real Madrid are showing an interest in Sonny. If this is true, We better start winning and cementing a top 4 place as players are unlikely to turn RM down - especially as it normally comes with a big pay rise. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Many a true word said in jest. 

I have just read that Real Madrid are showing an interest in Sonny. If this is true, We better start winning and cementing a top 4 place as players are unlikely to turn RM down - especially as it normally comes with a big pay rise. 

COYS 

Let's hope Gareth has a chat with the lad and tells him the downsides too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm... depends. To me it seems 50:50. Reggie is an amazing signing, but Bale...? Militao seems talented, nevertheless I would rather see a left foot. Its hard to predict how players from the Ligue 1 develop, but we are also linked with Botman and tbh I prefer him just because his stronger leg. 

Anyway, I found Joey had a decent match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also did we buy Reguilon??? Or was it loan with the option to buy ,,,only if Madrid don’t want him back???

reason for the question is ,,if Madrid want him back ,,we will need another left back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

We brought reggie phew lol

Madrid have a buy back clause that has to be accepted by the club... but ultimately Reggy needs to accept the contract in order to leave. Otherwise he stays 

COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spurfect said:

The rumors about Gonzalez (Stuttgart) makes me think, they want to cash in on Sonny! :8:

I sincerely hope not. We were a selling club before Poch's era. After the departure of Walker to Man Man City, we have avoided it. 

I really can't believe we would sell him. If that happens I think it would be Sonny wanting to leave. I can't really see that happening as he loves Spurs. 

I can only see Sonny and Harry reluctantly leaving at the end of the season if we finish out of the top 4 and they go looking for a league title and CL trophies. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I sincerely hope not. We were a selling club before Poch's era. After the departure of Walker to Man Man City, we have avoided it. 

I really can't believe we would sell him. If that happens I think it would be Sonny wanting to leave. I can't really see that happening as he loves Spurs. 

I can only see Sonny and Harry reluctantly leaving at the end of the season if we finish out of the top 4 and they go looking for a league title and CL trophies. 

COYS 

We avoided it James, because of Levys transfer restrictions. No player in - no player out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harvey White joins Portsmouth on loan deal for the remainder of the season. He recently signed a new contract with Spurs which will keep him at the club until 2024.

Good luck at Pompey Harvey, get some regular games under your belt and we'll see you back at The Lane next season raring to go ! :16:

 

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2021/january/white-loaned-to-portsmouth/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2021 at 10:57 AM, Mr8ball said:

Can’t get rid of dele and replace with a foreign player ,,we have to fill the home grown quota ,,,so if we aren’t gonna buy anyone and dele goes ,,,that space might get filled by Harvey white ,,or others from the academy.

Im a fan of Harvey, but the lad need more training on shots from the range. Against the marines his shots looked like he has a diploma in astrophysics and tried to reach the stars :6:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×