Spurs Web
Audere Est Facere

Come on PSG come on Poch

9 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

WTF two lucky goals. A cross that went in and a crap wall 

Crom always likes to be different. He liked Jose ;-)

Typical French defensive wall, full of holes. Just like the Maginot Line during the war, about as effective as a chocolate fireguard.

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

Ya never know he might be back soon (poch) 

Not as long as Levy is in charge, it would be the ultimate climb down.

On 4/28/2021 at 9:38 PM, Borodin said:

Poch just hasn't got it , he's good but not great. He'll be sacked very soon.

Sad, but probably true. 

I'll get my prayer mat out and repeats the sort of game we all enjoyed against City in the CL semi final. 

COYS 

On 4/28/2021 at 9:38 PM, Borodin said:

Poch just hasn't got it , he's good but not great. He'll be sacked very soon.

you probably thought that at half time in second leg V Ajax too

You really are weird . he lost this match 2-1 so he just hasnt got it, hes beaten Barca and Bayern to get here ffs 

2 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

you probably thought that at half time in second leg V Ajax too

You really are weird . he lost this match 2-1 so he just hasnt got it, hes beaten Barca and Bayern to get here ffs 

They had a great win at Bayern but still lost at home to them (despite Bayern missing Lewandowski) and managed to get through on away goals, so it was hardly a resounding victory and let's please not pretend that Barcelona are anywhere as near to where they used to be as a footballing side, despite the ever presence of Messi. PSG won in Spain 4-1, it was Feb 16th and Poch had been in charge just over a month, a few weeks later on March 10th they could only manage a 1-1 draw at home to the Spanish side. So I don't see my viewpoint as weird at all, Poch undoubtedly inherited a magnificent side capable of beating anyone on their day. I'm saying that whilst he's a very good manager he's not a great one. Let's see how PSG do next season when he's been in charge for a while, not just four months as he will have been on Sunday.

On 4/28/2021 at 10:19 PM, Audere Est Facere said:

WTF two lucky goals. A cross that went in and a crap wall 

Crom always likes to be different. He liked Jose ;-)

Couldn't stand Jose - check back to when we got him if you don't believe me.

I just don't understand some of the comments here. People moaning that Levy is a skinflint, yet he got probably the most expensive (and successful) manager available. Levy was willing to spend the money in the hope of winning silverware, but also keeping the club solvent. He could have found a manager on 25% of what he was paying Jose.

I didn't like JM's personality or his playing style, but he should have been given more time.

People hark back to Poch's days as if it was 1961.  He won nothing - and before anyone says it, we got to the CL final after two of the luckiest ties ever. We should never have beaten Man City or Ajax. Poch also went for over a year without winning an away game in the PL.

Borodin is right. Poch is a gentleman and was a huge credit to Spurs .... but he was not a great manager.

You go thru after 2 legs. Thats all that has to be done. Bayern are a top team Barca everyone wanted to avoid and PSG beat both 

What was lucky v City or Ajax. We all hit the woodwork numerous timea. Aguero was well offside and Dele Lucas etc kept playing and believing into the 95th minute.

Funny how when Man U done the same in CL final that was amazing. Yet Spurs its lucky. Its playing for the club the shirt the manager the fans and each other

COYS

In my opinion, no matter how good you are, luck comes into it

If you are on a TV quiz, if you did badly it was probably that you were unlucky that the questions you were given, you didn't know the answers, and it wasn't because you are thick. If you did well you were lucky you got asked questions that you knew the answers to and not necessarily clever. 

There is hardly a match that I watch where incidents look identical to me but VAR comes up with 2 different judgements. Always one team is lucky the call went their way and the other team is unlucky they lost out. 

The arguments rage on TV among the ex professional pundits with VAR and, with those marginal decisions that can go either way, one team is lucky and the other unlucky when pundits strongly feel that VAR got it wrong. 

When a team are all over the opponents but hit the woodwork 3 times and finish the game goalless, it could be argued they were unlucky - especially if a very reliable defender inexplicably makes a mistake and it lead to a goal which is lucky for the team playing against him on that day. 

We got to the final of the Carabao Cup. Many will put much of that down to luck when in the draw we were paired against lower league clubs and missed playing against any of the other top 5 clubs considered to be in the top 6.

I many games, luck doesn't come into it. Sometimes we get beaten fairly and squarely by a team playing the best that day and sometimes we played badly and gave away goals rather than the opponents creating it. 

For me luck is all too often the decider in life. Sometimes it works for you and that is lucky. Sometimes it works against you and you are unlucky. 

When I look back on my life, there have been times I have been lucky. For example, when I was in Aden, a grenade was thrown outside the office and a bit of shrapnel came through the window hit the ceiling and if I had been at my desk, it would have entered my left temple and probably killed me.

Also, there have been things where I have been unlucky. The first woman I married hid the fact from me she didn't want children and kept secretly taking the pill, when I thought we were trying for a family. By the time I found out and had divorced her I was nearly 50 and the opportunity to re marry and get the family i craved for had passed me by. I think I was unlucky in that, unknown to me I had married a nasty lying woman who has denied me kids and grand kids. 

Just my view that all too often, good or bad luck is behind what happens in life. 

COYS 

3 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

You go thru after 2 legs. Thats all that has to be done. Bayern are a top team Barca everyone wanted to avoid and PSG beat both 

What was lucky v City or Ajax. We all hit the woodwork numerous timea. Aguero was well offside and Dele Lucas etc kept playing and believing into the 95th minute.

Funny how when Man U done the same in CL final that was amazing. Yet Spurs its lucky. Its playing for the club the shirt the manager the fans and each other

COYS

As I said, Poch has inherited a wonderfully talented side. He's been there just four months, let's see after a full season and a couple of transfer windows how they are doing then.

On 4/30/2021 at 8:28 PM, Cromulentmart said:

Couldn't stand Jose - check back to when we got him if you don't believe me.

I just don't understand some of the comments here. People moaning that Levy is a skinflint, yet he got probably the most expensive (and successful) manager available. Levy was willing to spend the money in the hope of winning silverware, but also keeping the club solvent. He could have found a manager on 25% of what he was paying Jose.

I didn't like JM's personality or his playing style, but he should have been given more time.

People hark back to Poch's days as if it was 1961.  He won nothing - and before anyone says it, we got to the CL final after two of the luckiest ties ever. We should never have beaten Man City or Ajax. Poch also went for over a year without winning an away game in the PL.

Borodin is right. Poch is a gentleman and was a huge credit to Spurs .... but he was not a great manager.

I agree, I also think we shouldn’t have won against City and the match was fixed in our favor. 

But tbh it doesn’t matter who is in charge as our manager and how much they earn. As long they don’t get the players they want/need, we won’t win anything.

I think we can all agree on, wether you like or dislike Jose, we all wanted him to succeed with the team. But as I said, if you sign a „top manager“ you need top players and that didn’t happen. 

So, this is what I will always love about Poch he built a competitive team out of these mediocre lads. Levy should have react and sell in time. With the money we could have bought the players who bring us to the next level. And who knows? Maybe that had happened with Jose.

I know that sounds like Im a capitalist, but sometimes is better to part with players and make the most out of them, instead to watch how they leave for nothing! 

Let's hope Poch can bring the Manchester City juggernaut to a juddering halt tonight and once again deny Pep the elusive CL trophy. Still rumours of fitness doubts over Mbappe, who has the ability to be a game changer in these sorts of matches, but I have a sneaky suspicion that it's just mind games and he'll play.

This is the 'business' end of the season now and PSG will be demanding success. Failure to make it to the final and to miss out on a league title may be enough to make Mbappe and Neymar consider a move. Should all of that happen then Poch would surely begin to come under pressure. Whilst the financial rewards for winning titles/trophies is high the demands of such clubs are equally as huge and the manager is constantly under pressure and scrutiny from both his board and supporters.

It should be a wonderful game of football this evening and I hope we see Poch kneeling once again on the pitch, crying and celebrating a great victory.

As a Poch fan, I would love him to win the CL. 

My own view is that he made a big error by not being interested in the FA an League Cups. I would like to think he has learned from that and now has a better understanding of the relationship he must have with the fans. 

Sadly, in this cut throat world of soccer management, PSG is one of the really ruthless clubs in Europe. If he gets sacked, his time at Southampton will be forgotten, and he wil be remembered as some one who has failed with 2 top clubs (well, Spurs are around the 5th richest with the best stadium) and have been the leading club in Europe when European games started. 

Stuck in this ruddy hospital, I am missing all these games. Grrrr

COYS 

Well he got us to the Carabao final and semis , by the time the FA cup came along (january) we were in the CL knockouts and top 3-4 of Premier League and maybe League cup semis/ final so i can understand the FA cup being lower priority as meant another 6 matches to win it