Spurs Web
Mr8ball

Carp fishing

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

I love fishing ,,,does anyone go lake carp fishing???? Would be nice to have some tips or advice 

I used to fish mate but trout fly fishing. Take them home and cook them. My son is a mad carp fisherman. Spends thousands on gear. He even has a small remote controlled boat to send the bait out on :a:. Spent three years trying to catch one particular fish at his club.

I just don't get it.

12 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

I love fishing ,,,does anyone go lake carp fishing???? Would be nice to have some tips or advice 

Yeah my advice is to get some brown bread and some crab fishing hooks I was on holiday with my kids years ago it was hilarious this keys had a really expensive rod setup on a pond in a lovely holiday can't we went to so just for a laugh I thought I'd have a go and started getting my little daughter was 5 at the time just sprinkle some bread behind her leaves of the water plants by The Edge I could see see the fish moving around near the reeds hiding from the fisherman so I can't believe it all or some I got hooked and I pulled out this fish it was literally about 10 inches long and all the kids that was standing around watching him fish ran over I will well impressed the they went out and bought crab hooks so there's probably no fish left in that pond now:1579412966_emo1:

Myself and my son have been to look at a private lake near a village called upware Cambridgeshire 10 miles from me ,,,my god it’s in the middle of nothing lol the village upware was 4 miles away lol ,,,,there is a pub in the village called 5 miles from know where lol

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

Myself and my son have been to look at a private lake near a village called upware Cambridgeshire 10 miles from me ,,,my god it’s in the middle of nothing lol the village upware was 4 miles away lol ,,,,there is a pub in the village called 5 miles from know where lol

Sounds ideal...:thumb:

A friend took me fishing once in Germany. After a while he noticed my float was missing (I was too bored to notice). When I reeled it in, there was a small fish on the hook!!

Then in Aden, 2 RAF pals took me to try fishing in the sea off a quay. After 10 minutes I reeled in and there was a fish on the end of the line!! Then one of them called out he had caught a small shark and he was reeling it in. I went over and grabbed his line to lift it onto the quay and the line snapped and the grumpy swine shouted at me. 

Those 2 incidents taught me that perhaps fishing was a tad too difficult for me to ever get to grips with it.

I came, I saw and it conquered me.

COYS