Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Biddlecombe

What's our best team without bale Lennon and Defoe?

-----------Ade------------

--Sig--Holtby--Moose--

---Vert-------parker-----

BAE--Caulk-Daws--Kyle

----------Lloris------------

Holtby should be given the VDV role...No water carrying..all out attack.   VDV and Ade hooked up amazingly well in his first season and we need to recreate that.  Moose used to be a striker.  Sig scored for fun for Swansea.  They will just cut in and beast it.  

Vert scored 10 goals last season..He should be further forward (Wenger tried to sign him as a DM).  Caulker scores from set peices and Sggy and Holtby can take em.  IMO that team has so much power, with a packed midfield it will be almost impossible to score against us.  Soft Spurs will be out the window.

Not all goals need to have flair...Some games can be ragdolled with power.   Imagine defending a corner against Caulker, Daws, Ade, Vert etc...Caulker alone is unbeatable in the air...Who do you watch?

lloris

kaboul       dawson       vertonghen        bae

dembele     sandro     carroll    

townsend                ade              siggy

Lloris

Walker Daws Kabs/Caulker BAE

Parker Hudd 

Dembele Ade Siggy

Verts

This is out of the box thinking. Ade can't play CF. He likes to roam around instead of being the target man, therefore I play him behind. With Parker and Hudd holding an Mousa and Siggy you have players that will work hard when Ade decides to walk around.

Having said this, gibbs131 has a good team. But i remember the CC game vs Norwich when Verts came on to play DM and he was torn to shreds.

Lloris

Walker Daws Kabs/Caulker BAE

Parker Hudd 

Dembele Ade Siggy

Verts

As long as the midfield could hold it long enough for Verts to drop back to back 4?   ;)  And back again.

Lloris

Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE

Parker

Holtby Dembele Sigurdsson

Dempsey

Ade

Seems crazy I know, but here's the breakdown. We need Verts next to Dawson cause Dawson is a fantastic 'tackle everything, defend with my life' defender whereas Verts (though also a fantastic defender) is more in the possession, distribution, talented all round footballer centre half mold. I still rate BAE so he's in there. Parker is our best ball winner (and in contrast to almost everyone else, I LOVE it when he bombs forward; watch the West Ham game again. He was the only player unnerving them in that awful period of the game where they bossed it), so he sits in front of the back 4.

Here's the main issue. After Bale and Lennon (and yes Townsend, but he's away just now), we have no natural wingers. Dembele and Sigurdsson have filled in admirably at times but they're not out and out wingers. So have those 2 and Holtby run the midfield, covering the centre AND the width as a unit, with Parker and Dempsey supporting them front and back. Dempsey did his best work for Fulham in that position, and he can make a difference there. As for Ade, who else? We ALL know we desperately need a striker, but Ade is in fact, all we have. Dempsey can do it, but he's better suited to a deeper forward role.

I have formed this from who we have available now, so apologies for leaving out anyone away on loan...

Lloris

Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE

Parker

Holtby Dembele Sigurdsson

Dempsey

Ade

Seems crazy I know, but here's the breakdown. We need Verts next to Dawson cause Dawson is a fantastic 'tackle everything, defend with my life' defender whereas Verts (though also a fantastic defender) is more in the possession, distribution, talented all round footballer centre half mold. I still rate BAE so he's in there. Parker is our best ball winner (and in contrast to almost everyone else, I LOVE it when he bombs forward; watch the West Ham game again. He was the only player unnerving them in that awful period of the game where they bossed it), so he sits in front of the back 4.

Here's the main issue. After Bale and Lennon (and yes Townsend, but he's away just now), we have no natural wingers. Dembele and Sigurdsson have filled in admirably at times but they're not out and out wingers. So have those 2 and Holtby run the midfield, covering the centre AND the width as a unit, with Parker and Dempsey supporting them front and back. Dempsey did his best work for Fulham in that position, and he can make a difference there. As for Ade, who else? We ALL know we desperately need a striker, but Ade is in fact, all we have. Dempsey can do it, but he's better suited to a deeper forward role.

I have formed this from who we have available now, so apologies for leaving out anyone away on loan...

I like this, it could work.

I dont think AVB has the creativity to do this though.

For the home games I would go

lloris

naughton dawson vert bae

walker parker holtby sig

dembele

ade

away games

lloris

naughton dawson caulker vert

walker parker holtby bae

dembele

ade