Spurs Web
Deggsy56

SPURS WORST PLAYERS OR BAD TRANSFERS

NigelP, I don't think you were that far off on Sugar. In the end just about everyone hated him and he's gone on to show himself an even bigger twat than once imagined. But it is true what was said. For all of his wankishness in so many things, there would be no more Spurs without him (or at least they would've started over as an Isthmian league team or some shit). So we all should tip the cap for his role in that but by no means should we suggest he isn't an absolute tosser...

Alan Sugar did indeed save Spurs and showed a lot of guts to stand up to the FA in 1994 when we were banned from the FA Cup.He was also 100% right to sack Terry Venables,who was never as great a manager as he himself or his media chums would have us believe.

However,apart from certain individual players,the Sugar era represented a living death for THFC from a footballing perspective.

Disagree, Willem Korsten was a good player. George Graham was an idiot for not playing him more.

He was a decent player for Leeds and did look to have potential for us but he was incredibly unfortunate with injuries.

He was a utility man,which in his case meant that he was equally shite in every position.

I remember him scoring for Ireland away in Iran or some place, he scored a header (came off his hooter) and he came within inches of being viciously smashed in the face from a glass bottle.

Yep he scored goals at any end and more often took out a few fans on the shelf with his clearances or were they shots Scott was also a nightmare So it seems we cannot get decent words to say about CB s can we Collins Lacey Young Scott Cundy Doherty Rocha Perry and Naybet Just good thanks the other players were good enough Left back is a problem too with the likes of Tramezziani and few other w******

Yep he scored goals at any end and more often took out a few fans on the shelf with his clearances or were they shots Scott was also a nightmare So it seems we cannot get decent words to say about CB s can we Collins Lacey Young Scott Cundy Doherty Rocha Perry and Naybet Just good thanks the other players were good enough Left back is a problem too with the likes of Tramezziani and few other w******

Do you Peter Collins who played in the late 60's? I thought he was a very good player who but for a serious injury would have been a great player for us

One ball, he's only got one ball.... Deano!

Can't believe Rocket Rons been mentioned - remember that FA cup 5th round replay game in 95 at the Dell when we were heading out then up stepped Rocket Ron for a brilliant hatrick.

We've def had our share of shite players (most of whom I'd blocked from memory until read some of these posts. But thankfully we've also had some real quality playing in their prime who've given us such great memories.

Rebrov ended up being poor overall but I wouldn`t put him on the list as there were a couple moments of pure genius from the boy.  Personally I remember the brace against West Ham away in a rain-sodden FA Cup Quarter Final with fond memory aswell as a lovely outside of the right boot into the top corner at WHL vs Newcastle (I think) from the right hand side of the penaly area.  Andy Booth is right up there for me.  Should never have been allowed to put the shirt on.  On the other hand Jose Dominguez was a legend !!  Gomez would be quite high up there along with Cudicini.  He never once looked remotely interested and then thought it would be a good idea to ride a fast motorbike as a goalkeeper.

Rebrov ended up being poor overall but I wouldn`t put him on the list as there were a couple moments of pure genius from the boy.  Personally I remember the brace against West Ham away in a rain-sodden FA Cup Quarter Final with fond memory aswell as a lovely outside of the right boot into the top corner at WHL vs Newcastle (I think) from the right hand side of the penaly area.  Andy Booth is right up there for me.  Should never have been allowed to put the shirt on.  On the other hand Jose Dominguez was a legend !!  Gomez would be quite high up there along with Cudicini.  He never once looked remotely interested and then thought it would be a good idea to ride a fast motorbike as a goalkeeper.

Agree about Rebrov, I remember Shaka Hislops face after Rebrov scored.

Jose Dominguez was a legend, with him on the right and ginola on the left, the closest we have come to this season. E.g. Bale on the left and lennon on the right.

Adebayer.

If you include transfers out as bad then the worst will be selling Bale.

Yeah i have to agree whilst he has bags more ability than those mentioned and is actually a top class forward on his day his lack of effort and lazyness has to put him in this category or make him worse.

I once said Collins forgetting their were two I meant John Collins Our major stupid sales have been our legends before they retired and of course Hoddle,Gascoigne and Sheringham we might have won more if these players like all of today were footballers who were proud of the fact they are entertaining people who adore them and not the quick buck(s)

When I was about 12 watching Spurs in the early 80's I remember always thinking what a load of rubbish Paul Miller was, though in recent years I hear people talk about how good he was.

Stuart Nethercott was pretty shit too.

Paul Miller - unsung hero of the early 80s, can't be considered rubbish.