Spurs Web
mjbmedia

Dawson signs new contract

To think 'Arry almost let him go? That was 'Arry,wasn't it?

It was AVB at the beginning of last season.

Dawson's captaincy makes us better as a team not just because he's a good leader, but because he fought hard and earned his spot. Awesome guy to have at the heart of our defence!!

Nearly been at the club for 10 years, a player that you can be proud of because he gives everything. I use to joke he'll throw himself under a bus for us and he probably would. LOL

The way he handled the QPR/AVB affair sums him up. He wanted to stay and fight for his place, never once moaned to the press, never sulked, cheered the lads on, gave team talks at half time even as a sub, was given an opportunity and what happened? We went on a run of not losing when he started games. 

Before he came back into the side, the team was all over the place and conceded silly goals. I remember vividly when he returned to the side, the opposition had a shot on the edge of the box and Dawson threw himself at the ball and the two spurs lads next to him quickly threw themselves as well. Now that wasn't happening a few games back, but with great captains you can't help but follow them into battle and Dawson for all his faults inspires that respect. 

I'm very biased with Dawson, I think he's a lot better than many spurs fans give him credit for.

3 year contract? Why not 4 years? We often sell players with 2 years to go on contract. Do not be surprised to see him sold in the summer. Not sure how long present contract but could be this was agreed to keep his value up. Lot will depend on Kaboul recovering to be consistant & Vlad proving himself.

It was AVB at the beginning of last season.

Dawson's captaincy makes us better as a team not just because he's a good leader, but because he fought hard and earned his spot. Awesome guy to have at the heart of our defence!!

to be fair Dawson was already 'up for sale' when AVB arrived, or at least it wasn't AVBs doing as he hadn't been there when QPR were already asking .