Spurs Web
CJW1968

AVB out NOW! Enough is enough

The 'Tottenham Way' is hardly a myth. In our only Champions League campaign of 2010-11 we were a breath of fresh air to that competition! Every game was stylish, exciting and bail-biting ... Unlike the predictable procession it was before and since with other clubs. 4-0 down at Inter and lose 4-3; 3-0 down in the qualifier and still get through. That was the Spurs way and it was only three years ago. We scored more goals in that CL campaign than anyone else - yes and conceded more too - but that is hard evidence of the Spurs Way. It is intrinsic in our heritage and cannot be dismissed as a myth which such hard evidence. I want our Tottenham back.

Let's face it mate,you want us to fuck up so you can spout off that you and only you told the rest of us

As bad as the loss is, its way too early to be thinking of changing manager.

We are level on points with Manure, and above Citeh.

Lots of points to be played for, today despite the loss, I saw today much more guile and chance creation. ball was moved faster too. Hate the loss but I strongly believe we are nearly there.

Before we write off players, I can think of a fair few who were quite bad first season in the prem, GB amongst them.

When Sandro, loris & Kaboul are ready to start a premiership match we will be stronger. With Sandro playing as the holding midfielder the others should all be attacking players. The team for the next match will be determined by injuries & journeys back from internationals. However after that Lamela now has to be given a chance. Lennon should be stronger as he always takes a while to get back after an injury. Like everyone else I believe he has to drop the inverted wingers as it is not working. It worked with Bale & strangely for Townsend for England.

Martin Chivers has been in the news this week. I am old enough to remember him arriving as a big money signing that everyone said was crap. Greaves & gilzean were in the team and no one knew why he was bought as he was worse than them. It was a couple of seasons before he came good. Bale did not win a match for a couple of seasons. Some players need time including some of the new comers.

Martinez will not leave Everton, true. But Laudrup would do it.

Nothing will change in AVB's style. We will wait for everybody to be convinced about that, then in January when we'll be on 12th, the decision will be finally made to sack him.

The boy didn't understand English football and more than that, he made us to forget about Spurs attacking sprit.

I want our Spurs back.

Sounds like you want your FifthSpurs back. We want top-4. A managerial change at this point won't improve things this season.

It's really tricky this one,because it seems like all you have to do is put your best eleven on the pitch and the magic will happen.Sadly it's just not like that.

Its like walking into a restaurant (Tottenham),with a bag full of ingredients (Players),and saying to the chef (AVB),"Here you go,make the best meal (Team),the world has ever seen".In the bag are standard ingredients (Lennon,Dawson,Siggy),and some are luxuries (Soldado,Lamela,Eriksen),that the chef wanted.We don't have a 3 Michelin Star chef like Michel Roux (Fergie),we have a young, upcoming chef with new ideas and tactics,that are probably not suited to the restaurant (PL),at the moment,but he's done well with his ideas in other restaurants in another country (Porto).

I think that in AVBs case,he has the Restaurant, he has the ingredients,and he has the recipe book,but at the moment it looks like a few of the pages are missing.

This all made sense in my head,yet writing it was difficult,I might have to go back to bed!!!

It's really tricky this one,because it seems like all you have to do is put your best eleven on the pitch and the magic will happen.Sadly it's just not like that.

Its like walking into a restaurant (Tottenham),with a bag full of ingredients (Players),and saying to the chef (AVB),"Here you go,make the best meal (Team),the world has ever seen".In the bag are standard ingredients (Lennon,Dawson,Siggy),and some are luxuries (Soldado,Lamela,Eriksen),that the chef wanted.We don't have a 3 Michelin Star chef like Michel Roux (Fergie),we have a young, upcoming chef with new ideas and tactics,that are probably not suited to the restaurant (PL),at the moment,but he's done well with his ideas in other restaurants in another country (Porto).

I think that in AVBs case,he has the Restaurant, he has the ingredients,and he has the recipe book,but at the moment it looks like a few of the pages are missing.

This all made sense in my head,yet writing it was difficult,I might have to go back to bed!!!

So what you saying, we're having egg and chips tonight?

I said it before it's going to take time with so many new players, once we get some of the injured players back and those out of from or confidence playing it will click. Yesterday we created a lot and missed at least 5 chances that should have been put away, if we play like that again we will score plenty. We started the season with too high expectations given the changes and though many people call for 442 most successful teams now play 433 and that is the way to go. 

Problem is, AVB did buy all those ingredients, but keeps serving pot-noodles.

Kin hell I'm getting hungry now.

Mate I agree 100% without doubt,I'm just trying to see through all the negativity and trying hard to stay off the "AVB out" bandwagon.Like you said previously,he needs to go back to basics,I just hope he didn't inherit Jose's stubbornness and accepts what's needed before it's too late.

I am not happy with a few things AVB is doing ( I have written about that a few times), especially what he did yesterday , but I have total confidence in him, I have always had and I probably will until the end of the next season, unless next year at this time we will still in the same situation. He'll adapt to the contingent issues before he will implement his system. It's in his interest.

We just need to keep being patient, although  there's nothing wrong with expressing our disagreement in the forum when we think he's doing something wrong

I hope it's clear to anyone that:

- we may loose away at City and not win at home against United and it won't be a drama

- there are at least six good sides fighting for 4 CL places. Two of them will miss it

- we may not win the Champions League next year

that's actually an excellent comparison (or whatever its called)

Basically we have a foreign Jamie Oliver in charge!

I wrote a reply on avb out now enough is enough and pressed something wrong button I thought I might be on my own he is demising the lily whites they look like headless chickens since he has been in charge international players have become donkeys the beast the highest European scorer for spurs Capoue who looks powerful all sit itching to get on when he makes changes it's the wrong person or the wrong time please please please chop him ( without compo ) greaves mate 55 years a Yiddo