Spurs Web
voice

AVB/ Pressure.

Spurs is the only club dumb enough to sell the best player in the summer. Bale provided 26 goals and 10 asissts in 45 games last season. No other clubs have to replace this amount of offense.

I think a 6 nil drubbing has caused panic and ammunition for the media and some fans. Every team gets drubbed once a season out of nowhere, the most important thing is the reaction next game, that's what I will be looking at. Man u were shit hot tonight and are starting to hit there straps, whichever team loses Sunday the pressure will mount, but we are still 3 points better off than last season, cup quarter final, last 32 in Europe. Everyone single person on this forum agrees the football ain't brilliant, I think he can turn it around just through some common sense decisions. If AVB goes who comes in and works with the players he has brought in with baldini, laudrup? Swansea pass the ball well but got zero cutting edge just like us, I'll judge AVB end of the season. If were miles off yes perhaps a decision needs to be made. Personally id love klinsmann, very attacking, he was the one who really rebuilt Germany, and a legend, but get behind the team and AVB Sunday

Tc1000 bale went for a world record fee, no club is turning it down, not even bayern Munich who are champions of Europe. Everyone's had there say this week, got a sneaky feeling Sunday because the players and manager have been backed into a corner. Our collective aim as a club and fans was CL football? Were 1-2 points off fourth place. Who cares if we have lost 6-0 come the end of the season we meet our objective. The football ain't great no denying that, it needs tweaking we all know that but sacking a manager in November 4 points off second place, come on lads

At the end of the day, it is completely out of our hands. If Levy and the board are pissed off with AVB, then the writing is on the wall.

My personal opinion counts for very little in the grand scheme of things, but at the moment I am sitting on the fence.

I'd love AVB to succeed, but am concerned as to whether or not he is capable of turning this around - he may be too arrogant to change, or not have the ability to play the Tottenham way.

Is anyone really that surprised that we got truly done by City - considering how we have performed thus far? Disappointed, pissed off, etc - YES, but not surprised.

You may argue that we are only a handful of points off 4th spot, but the way I see it, we should have taken advantage of the situation (Utd, etc not starting particularly well) and be well in there at 2nd/3rd sport, not just saying that we're still in touch.

If last weekend's game was anything to go by, then I hate to say that we don't stand a chance against Utd and that will leave us trailing even further behind. What if the likes of Newcastle and Everton win at the weekend? Then we're in no better position, whilst Swansea, WBA and Villa could all close the gap.

I'm just saying that Levy will need to give AVB time to work with the new players.

This's not the first time that Levy forced the manager to rebuild the team.

The team struggled after he sold Berbatov and Keane.

Tc1000 bale went for a world record fee, no club is turning it down, not even bayern Munich who are champions of Europe. Everyone's had there say this week, got a sneaky feeling Sunday because the players and manager have been backed into a corner. Our collective aim as a club and fans was CL football? Were 1-2 points off fourth place. Who cares if we have lost 6-0 come the end of the season we meet our objective. The football ain't great no denying that, it needs tweaking we all know that but sacking a manager in November 4 points off second place, come on lads

Any Spurs Fan worth his salt should not be listening to Durham on TS!!

The man is a very poor presenter at best and this whole AVB business is perfect for him, his puppet Gough and their show. No thought no effort no idea.

Once spurs move on from this, in whichever way they do, he will revert back to Arsenal!! For him it's either us or them. The man is a complete imbecile.

As people know on here I've shown my support of AVB and continue to do. I don't think his record this season is that bad. Only 4 loses, 4 points behind second place (8 points behind Arsenal; leaders) and we are still in all competitions. That isn't a bad record. We must keep a steady ship and certainly mustn't panic. However, and saying all that, if AVB doesn't win his next two games then the pressure will be on him and I am not sure that Levy and co will be prepared to wait.

General Stupid  has a point when he said that in today's football (especially for the top clubs) directors are not prepared to wait or give their managers time to settle in. I believe that AVB can turn it around and win the next two games. Sadly it won't end there. He then has to get in a decent position so that when we do lose (again) we have enough points to shrug it off.

All the papers are now suggesting that he is in the firing line. Odds of him keeping his job has been slashed. I believe he is just above Jol; who are favourites to get the sack early.

You mean Man U and Arsenal should have sacked Fergie and Wenger instead of giving them time to settle in and work their magic, O look whats happened since , CL minimum every season , titles, unbeaten season, etc etc yet they didn't hit it off straight away and they didn't lose their 3 best players (Modric, VDV, Bale) , still GS knows what its talking about , where's the wanker smiley icon gone? 

No loyalty in football. Fans only want footballers/managers to be loyal when it suits them.

As I told everyone at the time when fans wanted Harry sacked for a younger more astute tactician, who would work with the players on our new training facility...."be careful what you wish for."

Any Spurs Fan worth his salt should not be listening to Durham on TS!!

The man is a very poor presenter at best and this whole AVB business is perfect for him, his puppet Gough and their show. No thought no effort no idea.

Once spurs move on from this, in whichever way they do, he will revert back to Arsenal!! For him it's either us or them. The man is a complete imbecile.

I put a similar response on another thread. I used to listen to Talksport a lot, and call in. Not amymore, the place is full of fuckwits and Durham is the biggest one of the lot. He is a complete and utter wanker!

AVOID THIS CUNT AND HIS TWO-BOB RADIO STATION AT ALL COSTS!

No,you're right mate,that was bang out of order,I hold my hands up,General Stupid,I apologise for that,it was a cuntish thing to say,I'm sorry.

don't apologise , youre right the dickheads are cunts fuck em, whinging tossbags , I hope he dies then, I will take over from you, oi GStupid drop dead you faggot ,and that other nonce DJ can lose his legs for now, Im prepared to give him a chance

No loyalty in football. Fans only want footballers/managers to be loyal when it suits them.

As I told everyone at the time when fans wanted Harry sacked for a younger more astute tactician, who would work with the players on our new training facility...."be careful what you wish for."

what you on about, AVBs doing OK, Harry wouldn't be doing better, before the Newcastle game we were on our best start ever, (but AVB didn't repeat that at every press conference)  now two games later its all different?    Go unbeaten (winning 4) up to Xmas back into top 4 and, other than the retards on here, most will be happy again.

I wonder, will it be a big BOOOO after Man Utd game?

It's obvious that AVB will be in a big danger after this game.

Even the players didn't let him down (but I believe they did), game by game, loss after loss, the fans and the players will lose confidence and, as The Doors said... This is the end.

To be honest I almost always disagree with you, and I think that often (especially in the past) you have been  too negative (which is only my opinion of course), but I welcome your presence here, exactly for what you just said .

To me it's not about WHAT we say, but HOW, and most importantly... WHY

Thanks mate.

I am very concious that I come across as negative, but I see it as being a realist - I've been a fan for too long to simply adopt the blind optimism approach.

I'll be patient if I can see progress, but I can only see us getting worse.

Thanks mate.

I am very concious that I come across as negative, but I see it as being a realist - I've been a fan for too long to simply adopt the blind optimism approach.

I'll be patient if I can see progress, but I can only see us getting worse.

No worries, mate.

The good thing about getting together with other people and discuss (even just in a virtual place like this) is diversity. I think it often comes from everybody's personality, including attitude to uncertainty and expectation on how quickly we want to see results.

There's nothing wrong with thinking that it will get worse (it probably will in the short term), everybody has got his own opinions. It's just about making our pijnts and behaving like men, not trolls. You are certaibly not a troll by the way I see it.

Plus we both want Spurs to do well: that's all that counts

COYS!

"I been a supporter for too long...............,"  wtf you're only in your 30s  unless DJ stands for dinner jacket and not a disc jockey ;-)   anyway I also know you can take it and give it back with a smile as I'm sure can Gen S  .

Im only here to make people smile.

Good to see you coming to terms with reality, albeit you still think the idiot can do a job.

You must be very desperate if you need to twisth what I said. All I said was that he needs to turn it around otherwise the pressure will be on. This applies to all managers. And yes he can do the job if given a the chance.