Spurs Web
CJW1968

Sherwood given job to end of the season apparently

As Tim had already said, it's all about "what is right for Tim Sherwood" ... I wish him well, but there isn't an awful lot we can say about it, there is no evidence of what kind of manager he is going to be, due to his huge lack of experience. We can hope of course but we have nothing to base such high opinions on.

Massive risk by levy who has a dreadful record of appointing and then sacking Managers. I really feel this is another penny pinching appointment and not the experienced appointment we need. Act in haste repent at leisure seems very true. Why the end of next season?? Much too long. I feel we are on the slide and am highly disappointed.

I also feel because he's English and wears a tracksuit fans automatically believe he doesn't employ tactics and just turns up like a Sunday league game. The way we attacked against Southampton, if Tim was foreign fans would be wanking themselves silly over him telling everyone how great he's doing at youth level and wants to play passing football.

AVB was slow, methodical football where everyone stayed rigid = tatical

Sherwood played attacking football, played our best players in their natural positions = chancer with no tactics.

Same was said about Harry, snobbery at his highest IMO.

Lets get behind Sherwood. Yes his inexperienced as a manager but at least he knows the Prem and what Spurs is all about. Same plain talking, clear instructions and motivation is what's needed now - recon Sherwood, Sir Les and co will do that.

If he does well recon Levy will have a dilemma in the summer.

Next 2 home games are massive, 6 points and it's back on track. Any less then I fear for the rest of the season.

Using the squad right over this busy period will be key so in the deep end now for Sherwood. Let's hope he's a good swimmer!

COYS.

Sorry, I'd love to be positive but the bloke is a complete spoon. There must have been a better option than this. It seems to amount to £100 million worth of international footballing talent now being managed by someone who just happened to be around.

A ship loses it's captain (albeit, not a very good one) and rather than get a new captain, someone says, "what about young Timmy? He knows all about boats and that."

Maybe I'll be proved wrong - I really hope so.

Sweet baby Jesus!

What constitutes doing well for sherwood? considering he is inexperience will a top 6 be successful or is it still top4?

Hard to say... at the moment I´d be happiest just seeing us trying to play with an certain vision on the pitch instead of watching the negative, strangely disjointed football we´ve had these last few months. Whether that eventually takes us to 5th or lower (personally, I don´t believe in 4th this season) is somewhat less important if you ask me. 

To me it just means "Meh!"

Writing off another season without qualifying for CL. Sorry if that appears pessimistic, but I can't see a guy who's never coached before in the PL getting this team into 4th spot. Levy's bought himself another get out of jail card and a "wait till next year you mugs" one too

I like this because it ends the speculation. Those of you being negative, I sincerely hope you have a foundation for it. Some personal knowledge of Tim Sherwood and his abilities as a Manager/Coach. Because if not you are being negative for the sake of being negative. I am with you Mr. Sherwood, because I am with Spurs. Get down to work and win some games. COYS

Really hope he does well, think he'll be alright. He's a confident man at the mo and it's a good sign, for me he's saying the right things and already made some bold decisions (especially if 1 of the other threads are true about players in reserves)!

Will say the game on Sunday showed the team with a bit of his passion/agreession he used to play with as a player, which I'm all for. And think he'll wanna show that 442 does still work in PL football by playing/defending as a unit rather than defend individually. Already showed that defensive midfielders aren't always needed in all games, will come unstuck if you don't use it against top sides and in European football though IMO!

Glad it's over now and can let him have his time, hopefully give Levy a headache come the end of it!

Come on Tim, COYS

At this time of the season it's a sensible appointment. Continuity is what's needed and that's what we've got.

I feel a lot happier now with Tim, than I would with someone of a similar stature, that we know nothing about, and he doesn't know what Spurs stands for.