Spurs Web
YidArmy1975

Capoue on his bike

I think he's a very good holding midfielder, but if TS is already putting Bentaleb straight in ahead of him then maybe it is a good idea.  We don't need 3 holding midfielders and he had two shockers at centre back and one decent game, so maybe he can't really cover that position.  He may not be happy being bit part and dropped for a kid given his reputation as a player that made it into the French team. 

If Sherwood thinks his attitude stinks then that's another factor as well.

It may be a good idea given the situation to get some cash and free up wages, which would be high enough as well given he is a French international.

Sherwood seems very keen on having everyone pulling in the same direction so If their are players that aren't then he will ship them out. Capoue is a good player but the step up from Ligue 1 to the Premier League is a big one, maybe too big. 

I haven't seen anything 'special' from him to be honest. He looks capable, not a world beater. 

I don't think he's designed for special, he's a quietly efficient player, very strong in the tackle, long legs, reads it well, good touch and composed passer.

I'd say he'll be a top signing for who ever gets him.  I don't think the Premier League was much of a step up for a French international.  We just have one of the best holding players in the world in Sandro already settled here and a kid that Sherwood seems to think will be the bees knees.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if in a year or two when he's settled and playing in a England, Spain or Germany he's being touted as one of the best around.  Maybe just a difference of opinion on his quality, but plenty of great players have come out of Ligue 1.

If there's an attitude I reckon it would stem from being bought for big bucks and then dropped for a kid, which is reasonably understandable (so long as it was within reason).  But all of the attitude stuff, including my last sentence, is just speculation of course and could be all bollocks. 

Capoue was quality when he 1st came in before his injury. I like tim but get the feeling he will have a few Harry traits like having his 1st 11 running it into the ground and not giving decent squad players a chance. Can already see holtby Capoue being frozen out. It will be interesting to see what happens with bentaleb when Sandro and paulinho come back. Also when lamela and Townsend come back on top of that we will see if he can keep a fully fit squad happy. Got a feeling we will get rid of at least 3 quality players in the summer.

Adebayor had (has) an attitude. So do several other quality players. Its an issue to resolve with care, not draconian measures, especially with a new player from a foreign country who played well to earn his move. Started well, got injured, lost a manager and now seems to be behind a kid. Tim, do some man management, gather the team around you, lay down the law and then take action if rules are broken. Perhaps the same way you have treated Adebayor could work for any issues Capoue may have. Also,if necessary, extend an olive branch to Holtby. He has shown that he is a battler and willing to run through walls for the cause. I. World Cup yeareveryone with a foot in the door to their National Teams want to play. Capoue, Holtby, Lamella and Defoe all fall into this category. We've lost Defoe lets not put anymore essential squad players to the departure lounge.

If Capoue has a problem....

why don't he keep his head down, work hard and try earn his place back? Remember when the club wanted to sell Dawson? Dawson wanted to fight for his place. He never moaned. He never spoke to the press. He never spoke out against the manager. He worked hard in training, went to every game, gave team talks before games, gave team talks at half time, gave team talks after games....and he wasn't even playing.

Eventually he earned his place back. I see no reason why Capoue can't do the same.

Whinge, minge, fucking whinge. 

I don't see what the fuss is about Capoue. He doesn't seem to read the game particularly well, doesn't seem very quick and his distribution is very average. Granted we haven't seen much of him yet, so I hope I'm wrong but he looks pretty average to me. He's not exactly a young player (25) so probably won't improve massively.

No doubt his size and imposing presence is a positive against certain teams that adopt a more physical approach but against more skillful teams he will get passed around or outwitted by off the ball running.

He's well behind Sandro( who's actually a year younger than Capoue) and in my opinion I have seen more positives from Bentaleb than I have from Capoue.  

I never saw bentaleb as a defensive midfielder. I saw him as a younger, weaker dembele tbh. could be wrong. CDM wise, all we got is the beast and capoue and I really do believe a CDM is needed in our starting XI.

You need rocks in midfield. The dominant Man U teams had Keano and the like. The most skillful teams need misfield enforcers.

And because these types throw themselves in to the challenge they are more liable to crock themselves more often. Therefore you need a few in your squad.

Is Bentaleb an enforcer?

You need rocks in midfield. The dominant Man U teams had Keano and the like. The most skillful teams need misfield enforcers.

And because these types throw themselves in to the challenge they are more liable to crock themselves more often. Therefore you need a few in your squad.

Is Bentaleb an enforcer?

I'd say he's going to be a more 'rounded' defensive midfielder. He seems like he's got the strength to control the midfield although he doesn't have the physical presence of Sandro or Capoue....yet.

Enforcer's don't have to be huge men...some of the best enforcers or defensive holding midfielders have been quite small....Makelele was small (5''7), Deschamps was only 5''9, Roy Keane was 5''10, Javier Mascherano is 5''9, Lothar Matthaus was 5''8, Our very own Edgar Davids was only 5''7!! So that's some of the greatest defensive midfielders of all time and theyre all smaller than nabil bentaleb (6''1)

Size isn't everything, being a defensive midfielder is about brains as well as brawn and Bentaleb looks like he's got a good mix of both. 

I don't think he's designed for special, he's a quietly efficient player, very strong in the tackle, long legs, reads it well, good touch and composed passer.

I'd say he'll be a top signing for who ever gets him.  I don't think the Premier League was much of a step up for a French international.  We just have one of the best holding players in the world in Sandro already settled here and a kid that Sherwood seems to think will be the bees knees.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if in a year or two when he's settled and playing in a England, Spain or Germany he's being touted as one of the best around.  Maybe just a difference of opinion on his quality, but plenty of great players have come out of Ligue 1.

If there's an attitude I reckon it would stem from being bought for big bucks and then dropped for a kid, which is reasonably understandable (so long as it was within reason).  But all of the attitude stuff, including my last sentence, is just speculation of course and could be all bollocks. 

Got to disagree about his reading of the game and distribution. I think he ball watches and his positioning is suspect but it's all just a matter of opinion. He may well turn out to be a good player and that may be for us or someone else but I have reservations. Tim knows Bentaleb well and feels that he is suited to that role and obviously trusts him so that'll do me. I like what I've seen from Bentaleb, he looks like he's got the makings of a very, very good player and for once I'd like Spurs to stick with a kid that has potential and play him regularly so he can fulfill that potential at Spurs.

I'd keep Capoue if he's happy being a backup squad player but It's up to him and the Spurs management whether he feels that's acceptable or not. 

All that matters is winning. Selection will only really become a big issue when you dont. Tim should thank his lucky stars that Rose and Lennon have come back just as his reign begins. Imagine being part of the 11 that took the field at the emirates. Bet they couldn't believe their luck to be in the squad for the next match let alone in the team. First 45 mins was probably the most shambolic at the lane in the last 5 years. Absolutely dreadful. Things changed in the second half only because we scored early thanks to a punt upfield and a flick on Cascarino like (good finish though) but we won so it's all irrelevant. Tim's selection was justified.

Honestly I have no idea what direction the team is going in but I now fear games. With a bit of quality in the final third Palace could have been 4 up!!!! Completely overrun.

Think any possibilities of top four will be decided in our next 4 games....