Spurs Web
nellis6

Nabil Bentaleb

Well, my point was that it should be at the expense of Dembele imo.  Bentaleb is the one I would not like taken out.

I also would be surprised if anyone bossed those two, they are strong lads that can also play.  Bentaleb has put in more tackles against Swansea than any other spurs player in any other game this year apparently and won them all.  He's certainly no shrinking violet lads and we all know that Dembele is a muscular, fast box to box player that is a very good ball winner, very hard to beat or take off the ball.

But Sandro would give that extra bit of presence and screening as he sits and breaks up play as his main job.  That would be useful in any game but definitely in big games.  I'd like to see how Sandro and Bentaleb would do together, I'd say it would have a bit of everything you need in that area of the pitch.

Dembele's talents on the ball show up much better when he's near the box or out wide.  Sandro and Dembele is physically imposing and great at winning the ball, but lacks creativity and passing ability.  For me you either use Dembele like he is now, as a box to box ball winning guy that can break with the ball with a quality passer beside or behind him (like Bentaleb)... or you use him as an attacking player further forward or wide where he can dribble a lot.

My early impression of Sherwood is that he sees it as Dembele or Sandro plus a passer like (Bentaleb), and that he prefers his more athletic ones to get up and down, which would favour Dembele.

He could of course play Sandro and allow him to be more expansive and get forward more.  But one thing that seems clear is he always wants someone that can put their foot on it beside the athlete, which I am a big fan of.  And this will favour Bentaleb in a big way, especially since he's also a strong lad that can get about and tackle.

Whilst I think Bentaleb has been very good, those calling for him to play before Dembélé, Sandro or Paulinho when healthy is madness.

You don't lose your position because you get injured. When you recover you get slid back in, with one or two substitute appearances and when fully fit you get your position back. From that first start it is yours to lose through squad competition and performance.

Let's be frank, without injuries, Bentaleb would not have gotten promotion to the first team. He will still get time, particularly in EL rotation. It's a good problem to have...such a strong midfield. Capoue, Holtby, Lamela can't even get a sniff FFS!

totally agree Alonso, first time i have agreed with a taff

Whilst I think Bentaleb has been very good, those calling for him to play before Dembélé, Sandro or Paulinho when healthy is madness.

You don't lose your position because you get injured. When you recover you get slid back in, with one or two substitute appearances and when fully fit you get your position back. From that first start it is yours to lose through squad competition and performance.
Let's be frank, without injuries, Bentaleb would not have gotten promotion to the first team. He will still get time, particularly in EL rotation. It's a good problem to have...such a strong midfield. Capoue, Holtby, Lamela can't even get a sniff FFS!

Spot on Alonso!

Some of the reasoning for his inclusion in front of others is pure fantasy!! He is a very good player, no argument! But let's try and be realistic for once!! For Christ sake!!!

I agree Sandro should always play when fit. He is said to be fit now and if he does not play the next match it will just confirm to me that Sherwood does not want to play a proper defensive midfielder and that his tactics will lead us nowhere.

In a 442 formation just pick any 2 players from Sandro, Capoue, Dembele, Bentaleb to play CM should be fine IMO.

Paulinho is pretty much an attacking player. He is not going to track back to defend.

I know we haven't played a defensive midfielder under Tim, we've actually been pretty sound defensively IMO. Our defensive line looks fine, you hardly see teams ripping through us anymore, we look more flexible defensive and going forward.

Apart from Palace at home first half, I've been surprised how solid we've been considering our formation and lack of DM.

ok I left off the draw which from memory was a poor result and felt like a defeat coming at home. My point is that his record does not look so good when you look at the cup defeats. I am getting fucking pissed off that my comments are being attacked by some members on a couple of threads because they disagree with me. I have been on this forum for some time and only this week have I received targeted comments such as fucking bollocks. I did not agree with the appointment of Sherwood. Nothing has changed that opinion. All the top teams except us have an experienced Manager. When it comes to the crunch matches that will tell. He is living off Ade having a point to prove and from past experience that will not last. The Swansea result was no better than the Sunderland one & yet AVB got sacked shortly after that. I disagreed that Sherwood has done anything to justify a longer contract but did not expect the response.

Player unrest is showing with 3 players being mentioned as wanting to leave. He has no experience with dealing with expensive players with egos which is where AVB failed.

I am wondering whether it is not Capoue who I think shows promise but the Defensive Midfielder position he does not like. That being the case we will not see Sandro in his normal role. I notice that many posters have Sandro in their team for next week and if he is not playing then as I said his tactics are taking us nowhere. I am finding supporters on other sites sharing my views. 

The problems at the club are deeper than a novice Manager and Levy must take a lot of the blame for selling our best players and constantly changing Managers. 

Turks has put a different argument which I respect but in my view the forum is for people to express different views. My view is Sherwood is not up to Managing a club of this size and winning 5 matches has not altered that. I expect different views to mine but lets follow Turks example and express them in a proper way.

Well said Malc123 ,,,,,,,,,,,,what a load of bollox,,,,,,..lol

Chin up butty, I fully agree with you, it's healthy for any forum or similar to have different opinions, but vitriolic, personal attacks we can do without. So come on boys put a stop to it,,,,,please.

ok I left off the draw which from memory was a poor result and felt like a defeat coming at home. My point is that his record does not look so good when you look at the cup defeats. I am getting fucking pissed off that my comments are being attacked by some members on a couple of threads because they disagree with me. I have been on this forum for some time and only this week have I received targeted comments such as fucking bollocks. I did not agree with the appointment of Sherwood. Nothing has changed that opinion. All the top teams except us have an experienced Manager. When it comes to the crunch matches that will tell. He is living off Ade having a point to prove and from past experience that will not last. The Swansea result was no better than the Sunderland one & yet AVB got sacked shortly after that. I disagreed that Sherwood has done anything to justify a longer contract but did not expect the response.

Player unrest is showing with 3 players being mentioned as wanting to leave. He has no experience with dealing with expensive players with egos which is where AVB failed.

I am wondering whether it is not Capoue who I think shows promise but the Defensive Midfielder position he does not like. That being the case we will not see Sandro in his normal role. I notice that many posters have Sandro in their team for next week and if he is not playing then as I said his tactics are taking us nowhere. I am finding supporters on other sites sharing my views.

The problems at the club are deeper than a novice Manager and Levy must take a lot of the blame for selling our best players and constantly changing Managers.

Turks has put a different argument which I respect but in my view the forum is for people to express different views. My view is Sherwood is not up to Managing a club of this size and winning 5 matches has not altered that. I expect different views to mine but lets follow Turks example and express them in a proper way.

Mate,I've got no problem with people having a different opinion to me.But you are slagging TS off when he is winning games,winning us points,and getting the best from players that were slung on the scrap heap (Players we are paying a fucking fortune!!!).I just don't see how anyone can do that???Maybe if he'd lost 6 out of 8 games,but he hasn't.Hes breathed fresh air into WHL,made (most of) the fans happy again,but you think he's inexperienced and not tactical enough so shouldn't be our manager???I don't know who could have come in and got us working like we are,so for that reason,I'll back him.If you slag someone off,you need a good reason and you haven't.