Spurs Web
nellis6

Nabil Bentaleb

Hey malc123, apologies if the "Bollocks" upset you, it wasn't meant as a personal attack. But, you and many other people are slagging off Sherwood from day one and have not given him a chance. Yes he is inexperienced but everyone has to start somewhere. By and large our performances have improved, we are scoring goals and getting results. The loss to West Ham he had only just been put in charge and had not officially been given the managers job, so unfair to judge on that one. Our league form has been good under him.

There will always be players unhappy at a football club, particularly if they are not playing, do you honestly believe everyone was happy when AVB was in charge? You say he is "living off Ade", so what's your point? He had the balls to put him back in and it has paid off, but you won't give him credit for it. You'd rather focus on negative points (well negative in your mind) and criticise.

Are you a supporter? If so then get behind Sherwood. I can understand slagging someone off if they are not performing or not achieving decent results over a period of time, but I keep hearing/seeing Sherwood getting slagged when there is no basis to it. People like you seem to be just waiting for him to fall on his arse so that you can say "I told you so", much in the same way that people did with AVB and I do not find it acceptable.

You may well have been on this forum for a long time, but I have been supporting Spurs for well over 40 years, been a season ticket holder for many and also attend a number of away games including European games and believe me I am not happy with everything that goes on within the club either now or in the past and will probably not be happy with everything that happens in the future, but I prefer to support rather than moan and am prepared to give anyone a chance, something you seem incapable of as far as Sherwood is concerned.

Hey malc123, apologies if the "Bollocks" upset you, it wasn't meant as a personal attack. But, you and many other people are slagging off Sherwood from day one and have not given him a chance. Yes he is inexperienced but everyone has to start somewhere. By and large our performances have improved, we are scoring goals and getting results. The loss to West Ham he had only just been put in charge and had not officially been given the managers job, so unfair to judge on that one. Our league form has been good under him.

There will always be players unhappy at a football club, particularly if they are not playing, do you honestly believe everyone was happy when AVB was in charge? You say he is "living off Ade", so what's your point? He had the balls to put him back in and it has paid off, but you won't give him credit for it. You'd rather focus on negative points (well negative in your mind) and criticise.

Are you a supporter? If so then get behind Sherwood. I can understand slagging someone off if they are not performing or not achieving decent results over a period of time, but I keep hearing/seeing Sherwood getting slagged when there is no basis to it. People like you seem to be just waiting for him to fall on his arse so that you can say "I told you so", much in the same way that people did with AVB and I do not find it acceptable.

You may well have been on this forum for a long time, but I have been supporting Spurs for well over 40 years, been a season ticket holder for many and also attend a number of away games including European games and believe me I am not happy with everything that goes on within the club either now or in the past and will probably not be happy with everything that happens in the future, but I prefer to support rather than moan and am prepared to give anyone a chance, something you seem incapable of as far as Sherwood is concerned.

Bollocks..........

I agree Sandro should always play when fit. He is said to be fit now and if he does not play the next match it will just confirm to me that Sherwood does not want to play a proper defensive midfielder and that his tactics will lead us nowhere.

"His tactics will lead us nowhere..."

Mmm, his tactics have lead us into the position we are in now - still in touch.

You may well be right in the long term that the appointment of Tim Sherwood was wrong, but it is grossly unfair to criticise TR's performance to date in the league matches since his appointment.

He has inherited a long injury list and none of the games have shown that we needed a Sandro type performance, as we won all but one of them.

Maybe TR will decide that Citeh do require us to have him back, and if he does decide to bring him back, if he is fit, what then ?

Will you find something else to criticise him for ?

Firing a manager usually relieve a bit of pressure from the team because people will lower their expectation. Players get a fresh start with the new manager.

However, Levy still expect Sherwood to deliver a top 4 finish this season.

A cup win may allow Sherwood to keep his job next season but we are already out of CCup and FA cup.

So far Sherwood got good results in league games but I haven't see the solution to some of problems we had under AVB yet.

1. The situation at LB position haven't changed. We only got Rose. Fryers and Naughton aren't good enough. Vert hated to play LB.

2. Sherwood got a lot out of Ade but can't expect Ade to play every game.

3. AVB did manage to keep most players happy except Ade and BAE. AVB rotate a lot of players. Siggy, Capoue, Lamela, Holtby, Chadli, Townsend, Lennon all had chances to play.

So far Siggy, Capoue, Lamela, Holtby had very limited chances to play.

4. Invest big money on Lamela and Soldado. Sherwood can win people over if Lamela and Soldado play well this season.

Yid Army& Nellis, very well said. That's the kind of thing we want on here, Give Tim time., if it goes tits up by all means have a grumble.

Firing a manager usually relieve a bit of pressure from the team because people will lower their expectation. Players get a fresh start with the new manager.

However, Levy still expect Sherwood to deliver a top 4 finish this season.

A cup win may allow Sherwood to keep his job next season but we are already out of CCup and FA cup.

So far Sherwood got good results in league games but I haven't see the solution to some of problems we had under AVB yet.

1. The situation at LB position haven't changed. We only got Rose. Fryers and Naughton aren't good enough. Vert hated to play LB.

2. Sherwood got a lot out of Ade but can't expect Ade to play every game.

3. AVB did manage to keep most players happy except Ade and BAE. AVB rotate a lot of players. Siggy, Capoue, Lamela, Holtby, Chadli, Townsend, Lennon all had chances to play.

So far Siggy, Capoue, Lamela, Holtby had very limited chances to play.

4. Invest big money on Lamela and Soldado. Sherwood can win people over if Lamela and Soldado play well this season.

But were fucking WINNING,what more do you want ffs????

Still think we've been incredibly lucky, palace should have turned us over in the first half and swansea definitely had there chances and Man U should have knicked a draw, but to be honest I couldn't give a fuck the arseholes have been getting away with this for years..I've definitely seen an improvement but were definitely not as strong as our results suggest, I'm just hoping the players believe there proformances are better than they actually were and it breeds a fake confidence to push on with.

I think Sherwoods given things to the squad that you can't learn and that's believe, confidence and security to the players he believes can do the job, I'm personally annoyed we haven't seen more of lamela but I think he'll do right by him, Bentalabs been a great find, naughton has played by far he's best football under Tim as has freyers and paulinho one game wonder, chadli been piss poor soldado played he's best football for us but still needs massive improvement also eriksens playing his best football..think Tim has addressed simple but massive issues within the team and has started making his personal touches..

I'm not totally sold on Tim but I'm more than interested at this point to see what he can do for the club and will continue my support untill he gives real reason not to.

Still think we've been incredibly lucky, palace should have turned us over in the first half and swansea definitely had there chances and Man U should have knicked a draw, but to be honest I couldn't give a fuck the arseholes have been getting away with this for years..I've definitely seen an improvement but were definitely not as strong as our results suggest, I'm just hoping the players believe there proformances are better than they actually were and it breeds a fake confidence to push on with.

I think Sherwoods given things to the squad that you can't learn and that's believe, confidence and security to the players he believes can do the job, I'm personally annoyed we haven't seen more of lamela but I think he'll do right by him, Bentalabs been a great find, naughton has played by far he's best football under Tim as has freyers and paulinho one game wonder, chadli been piss poor soldado played he's best football for us but still needs massive improvement also eriksens playing his best football..think Tim has addressed simple but massive issues within the team and has started making his personal touches..

I'm not totally sold on Tim but I'm more than interested at this point to see what he can do for the club and will continue my support untill he gives real reason not to.

The thing is mate,luck is the thing we've never had,and now were getting our fair share (long may it continue). United on the other hand have used all theirs (50 years worth in the last 20 years),ok,maybe not, but without Fergie and the Ref,they're fucked.

What the fuck is happening to this forum? People are getting pissed off because others call them names or disagree with their opinions?

So fucking what? 

Malc is slagging off TS because we haven't won the league in 8 games  - well, he should expect to take some stick for being so negative, as should all the other doomsayers on here. We could argue until we are blue in the face about how well AVB would have fared over the last 8 games, or Laudrup (brilliant idea that!!) or anyone else for that matter, but it makes no difference. It's the past - gone - over. 

I supported AVB while he was manager, I will do the same for Tim and I did the same for 'arry. 

It seems to me that some people actually want us to be shit so they can say "I told you so." As for name calling, if I want to call someone a wanker for whatever reason I choose, then I will. I am Welsh, so I am used to being called names, but it never offends me. it's words and that is all it is. I take offence at people who mistreat children or steal from pensioners, but for fucks sake, I don't get offended by what is typed in here. I don't have to respect anyone if I don't want to, especially if I don't even know them.

You have options open to you if you don't like it here

1. Fuck off to another forum

2. Complain to a moderator

3. Complain to your mother

4. Grow a pair and give as good as you get.

Fuck knows how you put up with Hastings !!

Rant over

Cromulentmart, calm down Ffs ,,Just looking at the mountain and the sheep are marching back up there. Ok mate

Whilst I think Bentaleb has been very good, those calling for him to play before Dembélé, Sandro or Paulinho when healthy is madness.

You don't lose your position because you get injured. When you recover you get slid back in, with one or two substitute appearances and when fully fit you get your position back. From that first start it is yours to lose through squad competition and performance.

Let's be frank, without injuries, Bentaleb would not have gotten promotion to the first team. He will still get time, particularly in EL rotation. It's a good problem to have...such a strong midfield. Capoue, Holtby, Lamela can't even get a sniff FFS!

If you are good enough you are old enough.  Hardly madness, what have you been watching?

You lose your position if you've not played well, and our central midfielders have been pretty shite this year and last in terms of creativity.  Sandro is immense on the defensive side, ball winning and physical presence, releases the ball early, tries to be progressive and shouldn't really be criticised.  But Dembele and Paulinho have shown a lack of know how in how to play the position effectively.  They are only higher standard Jenas's in the position so far.  Dembele is a gifted player but he's not one to know when to release the ball well unless he's further up the pitch.  Pauli doesn't do anything but sideways passes until he gets around the box and then he's good.

Bentaleb has shown he is a very good player with great ability and an old head.  Talking about injuries or only getting a chance because of this or that is irrelevant.  What does that matter?  The fact is he got a chance and he's shown better ball retention and control of the passing than any other central midfielder this season.  He also possibly has a better shot given the ones he's had a go at so far.  These are things we have needed in central midfield.  A top side requires a player that can control the tempo from midfield.

That's a basic and he's been the best at it without any doubt.

So hardly madness to suggest he should keep his place.  More mad to suggest others should automatically retain their place, especially when Dembele and Paulinho been inferior.

Sherwood seems to like to play a box to box man with the passer so he might keep Dembele there but he seems to want him to break forward more.  That might work very well, but the bread and butter of the position will have to come from someone like Bentaleb.  Otherwise you end up with a Lampard Gerrard type combo, strong players no doubt, but there's no guile or control of the ball from midfield, which really hurts the team overall.

Sandro is our most important player. Bentaleb imo isnt the man to partner Sandro. Team becomes too defensive / cautious.

It would be more cautious with Sandro and Dembele who's main strength in midfield are winning the ball back and playing it cautiously because they are not great passers, though Sandro does his best to move it forward.

Bentaleb gets his foot on it, plays it forward fast, accurately and gets us on the attack, so I disagree with you there.  Plus he'd get more forward if he was with Sandro, like he did against Palace and he did some fine things up the pitch as well, and nearly scored a class goal when he hit the post.

Dembele can get forward too and that's when he is best but he finds it hard with Sandro, we've seen that before.  They both tend to act as great ball winners and Dembele then tries to take on the creative role but he doesn't really know how to do it and ends up dribbling too deep and laying it off.

It's still a very strong partnership but I'd strongly suggest it isn't our best.  A big reason we are scoring more goals is because we are passing the ball well from central midfield now, and one of the main reasons for that is playing players like Bentaleb (and before that Eriksen), that can do that.

There is no evidence really to complain about Bentaleb. There is also, not just the impressive stats on him re: accurate passing and tackles, but the gut feeling he gives most Spurs fans. for someone so young. to be very positive about him. A player who looks around him before he might the receive the ball is a player who understands the bigger picture. I hate to say this on here, but maybe some of the old ones on here will be less abusive about the old West Ham and their style of play, but Ron Greenwood always wanted his players to think - 'if I got the ball now what would/should I do with it.' No further evidence is needed than Bobby Moore or Trevor Brooking. They obviously weren't the only club - Spurs instilled this in their players too. However, I think Hoddle was just born with this instinct.

What the fuck is happening to this forum? People are getting pissed off because others call them names or disagree with their opinions?

So fucking what? 

Malc is slagging off TS because we haven't won the league in 8 games  - well, he should expect to take some stick for being so negative, as should all the other doomsayers on here. We could argue until we are blue in the face about how well AVB would have fared over the last 8 games, or Laudrup (brilliant idea that!!) or anyone else for that matter, but it makes no difference. It's the past - gone - over. 

I supported AVB while he was manager, I will do the same for Tim and I did the same for 'arry. 

It seems to me that some people actually want us to be shit so they can say "I told you so." As for name calling, if I want to call someone a wanker for whatever reason I choose, then I will. I am Welsh, so I am used to being called names, but it never offends me. it's words and that is all it is. I take offence at people who mistreat children or steal from pensioners, but for fucks sake, I don't get offended by what is typed in here. I don't have to respect anyone if I don't want to, especially if I don't even know them.

You have options open to you if you don't like it here

1. Fuck off to another forum

2. Complain to a moderator

3. Complain to your mother

4. Grow a pair and give as good as you get.

Fuck knows how you put up with Hastings !!

I have no problem with telling you to Fuck off either and if that is the way the forum wants to go I can use those words the same as anyone Else

Hastings never aims his comments at anyone other in jest.

Rant over