Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
BlockFeet

Latest rumours

I would be happy with Austin. I think he would be a dependable and reliable centre forward at Spurs. Has prem league experience and scored a decent amount of goals in a poor side last season. Could see him working hard and getting stuck in. Wouldn't cost a huge sum either, so lower risk. Let's get the deal done as time is running out. COYS

It was paper talk 3 weeks ago,,,that's why no team is rushing to buy him,,the papers are running out off players for Spurs to be interested in ,,he wanted 80k a week true or not he won't get that ,,,Kane is on 45k a week I think

I'd be happy with Austin, Berahino or Chicarito as options in the squad. None are exactly perfect, but all would be 'good enough' as they bring experience but young enough to improve further with coaching. We need someone in ASAP.

In other news, Wilshere out for 8 weeks with a broken right ankle. Poor old biscuit bones!

The Ade situation seems to have hit a brick wall. I said last season he would not do a pre season! Now it seems he won't be doing one for us or Villa! What a joke. He is effectively gone in any event, he will not get a squad number and will be kept away from 1st team squad (sounds familiar..).

Don't understand how anyone can have a go at Rose for the 1st goal vs Real (or indeed his general play), he was covering and making up ground for the missing bloody centre backs! A cross comes into our box and the only player in a position to challenge is a left back, c'mon!

Kane rumour mill at it again, I'd sell at £50M + Chicarito in a heartbeat. Sorry think (and hoping I'm wong) But Kane is somewhat over rated.

What we need above all else is creativity, and a change in formation. 4-3-3 must be the way forward. If Poch persists with the 4-2-3-1 we will be in for a hugely disappointing season.

Meanwhile Sunderland sign Yann M'Vila on loan.FFS !!

Can't help thinking if the ade transfer had gone through sooner we'd have brought in our new striker in, another case of ade fucking us up.

I also agree that kane isn't worth £40m and don't expect to see him score more than 10-15 this year, but I love the fact that his tottenham through and through and has heart which means more to me than having 40m that we'd probably won't spend or waste on shit replacements.

I feel proud seeing the kids come through with real heart, there all becoming one of our own and I for one feel a bigger connection to these players than the "up there own arse flaky mercs". Probably won't finish higher than 5th and expect to be beaten at Man U but I also expect a competitive season with a good standard of football.

I do believe that with a few quality additions that we can make a real challange for top 4 and cups, but in true Spurs fashion whatever we do it'll somehow back fire so for now I'm would be happy to watch the kids play attractive competitive football, which would be a dawn sight better than 2 year ago with over paid cunts walking around hands on hips.

Can't help thinking if the ade transfer had gone through sooner we'd have brought in our new striker in, another case of ade fucking us up.

I also agree that kane isn't worth £40m and don't expect to see him score more than 10-15 this year, but I love the fact that his tottenham through and through and has heart which means more to me than having 40m that we'd probably won't spend or waste on shit replacements.

I feel proud seeing the kids come through with real heart, there all becoming one of our own and I for one feel a bigger connection to these players than the "up there own arse flaky mercs". Probably won't finish higher than 5th and expect to be beaten at Man U but I also expect a competitive season with a good standard of football.

I do believe that with a few quality additions that we can make a real challange for top 4 and cups, but in true Spurs fashion whatever we do it'll somehow back fire so for now I'm would be happy to watch the kids play attractive competitive football, which would be a dawn sight better than 2 year ago with over paid cunts walking around hands on hips.

This. It's more about the image the club wants to maintain (a club that is serious about its academy and developing young players) and the fact that he's a homegrown talent making it big cannot even begin to be measured.  If we sold him, we'd just demonstrate that we are in it for a quick buck (not the image we want to portray), not to mention hugely alienate our fan base.  And even if we did sell him, we'd still need to sign a replacement, who would probably cost us a pretty penny, so the net financial gain would be minimal.  You don't disrupt the club's image and the fan support for a few million quid.

Not necessary my American friend , seems like we are back in for Charlie Austin , could see Adebayor going the other way if we contribute to his wages , WATCH THIS SPACE !!!!!!

Can't see that lazy self centered git lowering his standards to play in the Championship (unfortunately)....Sounds like even Sherwood realized how far Barndoor's head is up his own ass...expecting to continue to make 100G a week.....I hate that pig

At this point Charlie Austin seems like a realistic target. Charlie had 1 year left in his contract and he wants to stay in London.

Obviously QPR is no longer in position to give him that 60K per week deal. We probably offer 40-45K per week.

15m is a price we can paid. I can see Levy bargain to 13-14m.

I'm not convinced that WBA will sell Berahino. WBA need the goals to avoid a relegation battle.

I wouldn't take Austin. For 15 mil we'd be getting just a back-up to Kane on wages higher than Kane's!  I'd rather we spend another 7-10 mil and get Berahino who is 4 years younger, has a higher upside, will be on lower wages, and can complement Kane, in addition to backing him up.  Seems like like the smarter choice to me.  Now if we're getting Austin in addition to Berahino, that's a different story, but if that's the case, I would rather go for an Embolo or Werner, myself.

I wouldn't take Austin. For 15 mil we'd be getting just a back-up to Kane on wages higher than Kane's!  I'd rather we spend another 7-10 mil and get Berahino who is 4 years younger, has a higher upside, will be on lower wages, and can complement Kane, in addition to backing him up.  Seems like like the smarter choice to me.  Now if we're getting Austin in addition to Berahino, that's a different story, but if that's the case, I would rather go for an Embolo or Werner, myself.

Your assuming WBA will sell for 7-10m ? i don't think so ... 

Your assuming WBA will sell for 7-10m ? i don't think so ... 

I'm assuming they will sell for 22-25 million.  What I said is, rather than spend 15m on Austin, let's spend another 7-10m to get Berahino.

I'd take Austin, think he'd do a good job for us but can't see him and Kane in same team so would need to rotate. Also can't see us changing formation from 4-2-3-1.

Kane won't be sold... for a couple of seasons at least. There would literally be another riot in Tottenham if we sold Kane now!!!

We're going in right direction but need a couple of attacking players in and Ade out then were ready for the season.

COYS!!!

I'm assuming they will sell for 22-25 million.  What I said is, rather than spend 15m on Austin, let's spend another 7-10m to get Berahino.

Berahino is not worth 22-25million! I also think 15m on Austin is overpriced as well. This is what happens when you don't sign what you need earlier. Berahino is worth no more than 15mil MAX and Austin is probably worth even less say around 11m (since he is older and scored less goals).

Funny thing is, I think the Austin link is just media talk since the tottenham transfer front has gone extremely cold and stale. Everyone we have been linked with are suddenly not in the news anymore (the three germans, kevin mirallas, mccarthy, etc.). Even Ade and Soldado don't look like they'll leave this summer since I haven't heard any positive news regarding them leaving. The season starts in 2 days and at this rate, we're gonna be in big trouble if harry can't score.

Berahino is not worth 22-25million! I also think 15m on Austin is overpriced as well. This is what happens when you don't sign what you need earlier. Berahino is worth no more than 15mil MAX and Austin is probably worth even less say around 11m (since he is older and scored less goals).

Funny thing is, I think the Austin link is just media talk since the tottenham transfer front has gone extremely cold and stale. Everyone we have been linked with are suddenly not in the news anymore (the three germans, kevin mirallas, mccarthy, etc.). Even Ade and Soldado don't look like they'll leave this summer since I haven't heard any positive news regarding them leaving. The season starts in 2 days and at this rate, we're gonna be in big trouble if harry can't score.

I agree that they are not worth those amounts, but that's the going rate nowadays for proven English PL strikers, unfortunately.

Regarding Werner, Stuttgart has 3 senior strikers right now, two of which they are shopping around.  That would leave them with just Werner, so I see it unlikely they will sell.  Mirallas and McCarthy I'm actually glad signed contract extensions, since I wouldn't want to "settle" for either one of them, although one could argue that McCarthy might not be a bad addition, but certainly not worth the ~£20m the Toffees are asking for him (and this one is definitely overpriced, even for being English and PL-proven).

But it's not time to hit the panic button just yet.  There are still 4 weeks left in the transfer window and the squad we have is sufficient to take us through the end of September.  So it's now about making sure we get in the right players, even if it takes until the end of the transfer window to do so.  This is a project and not a transfer away from the finished article, so the first 4 games should not be considered make or break.  I want us to win every match, but I understand I may need to endure another season of growing pains before we can solidly challenge for the positions all of us want the team to be in.

If we sold him, we'd just demonstrate that we are in it for a quick buck (not the image we want to portray), not to mention hugely alienate our fan base. 

yeah, because spurs just aren't the type of club to sell players for a quick buck, lol

but I understand I may need to endure another season of growing pains before we can solidly challenge for the positions all of us want the team to be in.

exactly how many seasons of growing pains can we all endure before we 'solidly challenge'. When was the last time we weren't a team in transition under ENIC, lol.

Kane, Bentaleb, Mason, Alli, Pritchard, Rose, Trippier, Dier, Davis, Carroll. Fantastic young (90% British) talent!

Along with the younger lads in our academy.

Eriksen, Lloris, Vertonghan, Alderweild, Chadli, Lamela, Dembele. Plus a couple of quality additions before the

window closes. Yarmolenko?. Austin? Berihino? or N'Jie?

Firstly, I have never (over the past decade) been prouder to be a Spurs supporter. Nor have I been so confident

about an up and coming season. Because added to the name and potential names above, We have MP! The

right manager imo, to progress and enhance the right profile of this fantastic club of our's, in a very long and for

a very long time!

COYS!!