PL: Manchester City v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Man City v Tottenham  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

I'd take a point right now!

Albeit for less than 5 minutes Davies and Rose both played down the left against Brighton. I'd like to see that for the whole game against City in an attempt to nullify Sterling/Walker and the other wing-back?

And see how Dele/Eriksen/Dembele match-up against Silva/De-Bruyne/Sane? With Sonny and Harry as our out ball.

Dier/Verts/Davies 3: Trips/Dele/Eriksen/Dembele/Rose 5: Son 1 Kane 1.

2-2 COYS!

Rose looked unfit and I cannot see him starting on Saturday. I think Rose and Tripps are the best options for this game. We won't be bombing forward too often!

I guess it depends on the formation, but 4 at the back seems most likely.

When teams go on a long winning run, I have always felt that the longer it goes on the more a team tightens up. The other point is that City now hold the record outright having surpassed Arsenal's run of 14. Putting those two factors together, I am hoping that City may possibly relax and we take advantage of it. My one worry is our propensity to concede soft goals that throw away any good work.

I am hoping for at least a draw and possibly sneaking a hard fought win. I shan't make a prediction as I have been a bit of a jinx during our 'blip'.

COYS

I don't think we can play 4 at the back. Too much space between defenders. I would use KWP as extra defender. Just need a couple quick counter attacks to break MC.

Lloris

Aurier KWP Dier Jan Davies

Eriksen Winks Dele

Son

Kane

3 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

When teams go on a long winning run, I have always felt that the longer it goes on the more a team tightens up. The other point is that City now hold the record outright having surpassed Arsenal's run of 14. Putting those two factors together, I am hoping that City may possibly relax and we take advantage of it. My one worry is our propensity to concede soft goals that throw away any good work.

I am hoping for at least a draw and possibly sneaking a hard fought win. I shan't make a prediction as I have been a bit of a jinx during our 'blip'.

COYS

You just have made your prediction ha lol

7 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

Rose looked unfit and I cannot see him starting on Saturday. I think Rose and Tripps are the best options for this game. We won't be bombing forward too often!

I guess it depends on the formation, but 4 at the back seems most likely.

Before the Brighton game I would agree about the fitness/sharpness but  thought that was Danny's best game since he got back in. He was still going strong right at the end. His crossing/passing is still not at his previous best though.

You are very optimistic. I'm not. We were helpless in the cup when we played Citeh in the USA and we had Wany and Toby in the line up. Our team struggled and Poch seemed clueless. I hope he watched the Manchester Derby carefully and won't repeat the same mistakes, long balls are not the answer and it makes no sense to mark every single player, even they are called Silva and de Bruyne. They will find their way even you double or tripple mark them. But although I think Utd shit their pants most of the time they were unlucky cause Lukaku was involved in both Citeh goals. So a single player can decide the game. Thats why we have to be focused and concentrated the whole match even we have to play 10 minutes in extra time. If Pep decides to let Sterling play as a kind of false 9 we must profit from that. Sterling is shit in this position and hardly find his mates, cause his passes are awful and he makes a lot of mistakes. Another thing is the pairing of Otamendi and Mangala in central defense, cause Stones and Kompany seem to miss the match. Otamendi and Mangala know each other from their time in Porto, but nevertheless they haven't played often at Citeh, also because Mangala was out on loan and is fourth in the picking order when it comes to the line up ranking. 

Although I think we will probably lose 3:0 or 5:2 I hope Liam Gallagher is right who is a big Manchester City fan but predicted a win from Tottenham. As he predicted the buildings in NY will be blown up he predicted we'll win last weekend before the derby started, so I hope he is right for the match and will become something of a modern John the Seer on drugs! 

spurfect wants to be right,  I want to be winning,  please,dear god, play Rose, go defensive and attack on the counter, don't start Lamella or Sissoko, play for the draw and win on account of, on account of you ought to........ oh by the way 2-1 Spurs COYS

My love for Spurs has swayed me to vote for a win! 

We must have a strong middle and not get caught out on the counter.

I'm going for another 2-0 win for us, which I was spot on for the Brighton game. 

My husband is dreading the match, he says I’m awful if we lose! Won’t tell you my reply!

Would love to see H beat Shearer’s record before the end of the year.

COY X

48 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

Hmmm - a Kane hat-trick maybe? That'd get the dust blown off the cheque books come January  ;)

Plus really get up the noses of the super rich clubs when Harry tells them to stick their offers up their arse!

COYS

On our day......... But 9/10 games this team will beat us.

This result means nothing except how it compares with the other 6/7 teams that we compete with. Every week varied results change the table...January transfers will be important and we know  how our transfer dealings tend to be.

4th to 8th place.... Even for the optimists we have a few interesting months ahead.!!!!

It might sound obvious but possession is the key against City. Win ball, keep ball! City are far to talented to have us sit back and look to absorb the pressure (not that's our game anyway) and try and catch them on the break, although that worked against Dortmund, but City are a better side than Dortmund!

We need to control the tempo of the game especially in the first half. A 0-0 bore draw on 75 minutes will do! A 5 man mid-field including Trips and Rose along with Dele, Eriksen and Dembele imo will be the key to this game. Win the mf battle do not give away silly possession (I'll be applauding sideways/backwards in this game) and rely on H or Sonny to finish when a rare opportunity (85th minute) arises.

This imo is how you attempt to beat a superior side. Take the tempo out of the game and their impetus away!

1 hour ago, Royce 71 said:

It might sound obvious but possession is the key against City. Win ball, keep ball! City are far to talented to have us sit back and look to absorb the pressure (not that's our game anyway) and try and catch them on the break, although that worked against Dortmund, but City are a better side than Dortmund!

We need to control the tempo of the game especially in the first half. A 0-0 bore draw on 75 minutes will do! A 5 man mid-field including Trips and Rose along with Dele, Eriksen and Dembele imo will be the key to this game. Win the mf battle do not give away silly possession (I'll be applauding sideways/backwards in this game) and rely on H or Sonny to finish when a rare opportunity (85th minute) arises.

This imo is how you attempt to beat a superior side. Take the tempo out of the game and their impetus away!

I would add a further point. I think one of out biggest weakness,  if not the biggest, is our supposed having one of the best defences. It seems to me if you analyse our 'blip' results, each one has contained a soft goal we gave away through a defensive blunder that cost us points. Tomorrow we must not give City any Brucie bonus goals. For once we have to stay switched on for every second of the match.

COYS

44 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I would add a further point. I think one of out biggest weakness,  if not the biggest, is our supposed having one of the best defences. It seems to me if you analyse our 'blip' results, each one has contained a soft goal we gave away through a defensive blunder that cost us points. Tomorrow we must not give City any Brucie bonus goals. For once we have to stay switched on for every second of the match.

COYS

Agree James! Toby has been a massive lose then Sanchez additional to that! Two quality central defenders taken away from any side in the epl would show vulnerability.

I think we have stumbled on the reason for what I like to refer to as our 'blip'. Purely and simply it is down to bad luck. Poch knew what he was doing strengthening our defence, but you can't legislate against losing Wanyama, Sanchez and Toby al over the same period. Add Dele going through a bad patch, and that all adds up to me as a massive blow. Dier is useful for his versatility, but is not real top notch in any of the positions imo and Sissoko, for me, has fallen well short. Taking all that into account, to achieve what we have has been tremendous. All being well, our luck will improve and 3rd or 4th place will still be an achievable target.

Who knows, City and Utd may take their share of not getting the rub of the green and we  could still find ourselves challenging for the title. Sorry - I'm getting carried away again.

COYS

3 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I think we have stumbled on the reason for what I like to refer to as our 'blip'. Purely and simply it is down to bad luck. Poch knew what he was doing strengthening our defence, but you can't legislate against losing Wanyama, Sanchez and Toby al over the same period. Add Dele going through a bad patch, and that all adds up to me as a massive blow. Dier is useful for his versatility, but is not real top notch in any of the positions imo and Sissoko, for me, has fallen well short. Taking all that into account, to achieve what we have has been tremendous. All being well, our luck will improve and 3rd or 4th place will still be an achievable target.

Who knows, City and Utd may take their share of not getting the rub of the green and we  could still find ourselves challenging for the title. Sorry - I'm getting carried away again.

COYS

Its all plausible James!   COYS!

Office side for today's match at the Ethiad:

Lloris

Trippier, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose

Winks, Dembele

Eriksen, Dele, Son

Kane

Subs - Vorm, Aurier, Davies, Foyth, Sissoko, Lamela, Llorente

We are shit so far. Sane can get pass Trippier any time he wants to. No link up between Son and Rose. We are losing the midfield.

Either Davies or KWP on for Dembele and Aurier on for Trippier so Dier can play midfield with Winks.

Utter shite. Shite defence, shite midfield and shite upfront. Yes ManC have a great squad but just utter shite from Spurs.

The only plus point for us is really some (not enough) game time for Lamela, and we are one week closer to getting our injured players back. But that’s clutching at some very short straws.