Neophyte

PL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Arsenal

Tottenham v Arsenal  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Our record against top 6 sides away may be pretty awful, but at home it is pretty good. The squad is getting back to full strength and the lads are playing well. Both heart and head go for a win this time. 

COYS

There is no reason to expect anything other than a win here. Arsenal are not very good this season and this game should be no more tricky than playing the likes of Swansea or Burnley at Wembley !

........ Oh !

My predicted XI and Subs for this edition of the NLD:

Lloris

Aurier, Alderwereild, Vertonghen, Rose

Dier, Dembele

Eriksen, Dele, Son

Kane

Subs - Vorm, Sanchez, Davies, Winks, Lamela, Moura, Llorente

Dunno if Anthony Taylor is a good sign. We lost a lotta matches when he was in charge. Second, there is no other club that has more experience of winning in Wembley (except of us) than Arsenal. Third, Auba is match fit and Mhiki is used to the premier league. Koscielny is stable, Montreal and Mustafi are back and won't permit mistakes as Mertesacker would allow it for example. Chech is a monster between the posts, but his appearance is doubtful so fingers crossed that Ospina is in the goal. Xhaka isn't as good as he was in the german BL, nevertheless he is a distance shooter so please don't let him shoot! Ramsey will be full of confidence after he scored three times and I think he doesn't bother that he killed Huey, Dewey and Louie with his hattrick. All of the assists delivered by Mhiki btw. He will be on fire! 

Fourth, IMO it would make more sense to play a 5-3-2 formation. This is the exactly system Atalanta played against JUVE and as long Allegri had played in a 4321 Atalanta was at eye level with the old lady. Last match Allegri changed the formation and beat Atalante in a 433 system. The match ended 0:1. Cause comparing our usual 4231 with Arsenal I see a lot of weaknesses. Eriksen doesn't show a good defensive contribution, thats why I won't put him on the flanks and I see Dembele going to get a red card. He lacks pace, is slowing down the game thats why we suffer from using the counter effectively. I also fear that our defense will do hard with Mhikis and Aubas pace and trickiness. And knowing Pochettino I see Trips starting over Aurier. Dunno if Rose would be a help. He doesn't look sharp in the Newport match and Davies is more practiced at the moment. That will be a tough match mates. 

Hope we can set a sign here, but...

anyway

C-O-Y-S

2 hours ago, Spurfect said:

Dunno if Anthony Taylor is a good sign. We lost a lotta matches when he was in charge. Second, there is no other club that has more experience of winning in Wembley (except of us) than Arsenal. Third, Auba is match fit and Mhiki is used to the premier league. Koscielny is stable, Montreal and Mustafi are back and won't permit mistakes as Mertesacker would allow it for example. Chech is a monster between the posts, but his appearance is doubtful so fingers crossed that Ospina is in the goal. Xhaka isn't as good as he was in the german BL, nevertheless he is a distance shooter so please don't let him shoot! Ramsey will be full of confidence after he scored three times and I think he doesn't bother that he killed Huey, Dewey and Louie with his hattrick. All of the assists delivered by Mhiki btw. He will be on fire! 

Fourth, IMO it would make more sense to play a 5-3-2 formation. This is the exactly system Atalanta played against JUVE and as long Allegri had played in a 4321 Atalanta was at eye level with the old lady. Last match Allegri changed the formation and beat Atalante in a 433 system. The match ended 0:1. Cause comparing our usual 4231 with Arsenal I see a lot of weaknesses. Eriksen doesn't show a good defensive contribution, thats why I won't put him on the flanks and I see Dembele going to get a red card. He lacks pace, is slowing down the game thats why we suffer from using the counter effectively. I also fear that our defense will do hard with Mhikis and Aubas pace and trickiness. And knowing Pochettino I see Trips starting over Aurier. Dunno if Rose would be a help. He doesn't look sharp in the Newport match and Davies is more practiced at the moment. That will be a tough match mates. 

Hope we can set a sign here, but...

anyway

C-O-Y-S

Some good points Spurfect!  Mika and Auba are fantastic signings and with these 2 additions we might see a different Woolwich to the one we met at The Emirates. I think they might sit a little deeper and allow us to come on to them and look to break against our highline with the pair above as their outlet. So no doubt this will be a very tough test! However! Since our lethargic/complacent (we beat Madrid so we are now invincible) blip it seems we (as a squad) have decided and realised its about the graft as well as the skill! Our logical/practical reasoning has returned. Yes, we are a talented group but that counts for very little unless you are prepared to work hard for 90+ minutes. We have that attitude back now and as a result of that I believe we will have a very good run-in which will see us in the top 3 come May. It started 4-5 games ago but was rubber stamped against Utd and Liverpool and will continue tomorrow against Woolwich!

Toby/Winks/Rose/Wanyama and Lamela! It will be like having 5 fresh/new signings to see us through to the end of the run-in! Its not a coincidence that all 5 have returned within 3 weeks of one another. God is a Yid! Ask anyone in Stamford hill!

My preferred XI and Subs for this edition of the North v Sarf LD:

Lloris

Sanchez, Alderwereild, Vertonghen,

Aurier,                                           Davies

Wanyama

Eriksen, Dele, Son/Lamela  (not sure)

Kane

Subs - Vorm, Trippier, Rose, Winks, Lamela/Son, Moura,

I think we'll go four at the back

.               Lloris 

Auier.             Alderwiereld.      Vertonghen.         Davies 

Dier         Dembele   

Son         Eriksen      Alli 

Kane 

Perhaps Wanyama for Dier but I think ball retention is going to be crucial.

Thats why I think Dembele will play.

My preferred XI and Subs for this edition of the North v Sarf LD:

Alternative with 4 at the back:

Lloris

Aurier,   Alderwereild, Vertonghen,  Davies

Dier  Lamela

Eriksen, Dele, Son

Kane

Subs - Vorm, Trippier, Rose, Winks, Wanyama, Dembele, Moura,

You cannot play Dele, Son, Eriksen and Lamela.  That leaves us far too thin at the back.  Dembele must play if fit.  He is massive.  I would put Wanyama in over Dier too.  Dier is far to error prone.  Moura or Lamela to come in as early as needed for Son.  He (Son) runs so hot and cold for me and if he starts slow he never gets it going so off at half for me if that’s the case.  Davies over Rose without a doubt.  I’m leaning Aurier over Trips too die due the pace they have up front.  That said he can be rash which might cost us 

I think we will see a slightly more deeper/defensive Woolwich than in previous meetings now they have Mika and Aubamayang and will look to break on us quickly with these two. Therefore our movement in and around the 18 yard box needs to be at its very best. We will get a penalty tomorrow! Sonny must start for me, Dele, Eriksen and Kane too! Play wing-backs to open up the middle for these 4 to work a way through on goal.

Lloris:  3 Cb's: Sanchez/Toby/Verts: Wing-backs: Tripps/Davies: Dfm: Wanyama: Atk Mf's: Dele/Eriksen/Son. Kane. The last 4 all interchanging in the final third. Ball retention has been mentioned tomorrow and Dembele was preferred for that reason and I would agree but I think Woolwich will let us have the ball in our own half tomorrow anyway and from that point it will be about the movement of Son/Dele/The Dane and The Kane and is also the reason I have gone with Tripps and Davies as I think these 2 have a better understanding with the 4 just mentioned when we are in the oppositions half!

3-2.

COYS!

We definitely need to go at them from the off, straight to the jugular then rip their heart clean out. That should just about do it... Travelling over in the morning with my daughter and 7 other members of our supporters club( Coleraine Tottenham Hotspur supporters club.) Staying at Ibis Wembley so very handy indeed.  Looking forward to 3 points and comprehensive, confident display. P.s I do notice we ALL agree that in our squad of 18  sissoko is not needed. At last. COYS...

14 minutes ago, coleraine spurs said:

We definitely need to go at them from the off, straight to the jugular then rip their heart clean out. That should just about do it... Travelling over in the morning with my daughter and 7 other members of our supporters club( Coleraine Tottenham Hotspur supporters club.) Staying at Ibis Wembley so very handy indeed.  Looking forward to 3 points and comprehensive, confident display. P.s I do notice we ALL agree that in our squad of 18  sissoko is not needed. At last. COYS...

Nice one Coleraine Spurs,hope you and the gang have a safe journey and a great day out.

I guess I'm one of the two on here stick up for Sissoko. Poch and his coaching team are not on here I think. They put him on the pitch game after game this season. They are the professionals.

12 hours to kick-off! I want this win so badly I can taste it! Can you imagine 7 points from a possible 9 when the 3 sides are Manure, The Binmen and Woolwich!

I know I am a sad old fart because this outcome is so important to me but you are talking to a man who these days buys shoes 1 size to small just to feel the pleasure when taking them off!!

COYS!

We could have been and should have been out of sight.

We outplayed them for most of the game.

On another day we would have scored 6.

Seven points from nine against Liverpool,Utd and Arsenal.....brilliant 

We should score more goals to win the match easily. At the end Arsenal doesn't have what it takes when chances are there. Other than the foul in the final minute Dembele is man of the match. This is one of his best games in Spurs shirt, better than the win against MU a few years ago. He is playing for a new contract.

Mkhitaryan is shit. Trippier would love to play against him every day.

What is wrong with Lamela? He chose to shoot under no pressure and missed the target completely. He picked a silly yellow card. After the match he was still arguing with Arsenal players. FA may review the TV footage and charge him with misconduct.

Sad that the score doesn't reflect the massive difference between the two teams but over the moon with the performance. Today we were up with the greats performance wise. 1st team and bench top class at a fraction of the cost. Viva DL and Poch. With only Chelsea (a) and City (h) from the top 6 left to play in the run in, 2nd or 3rd is well within our grasp and a tilt for the title next season very much on the cards.

COYS

ps just sunk in that Toby was not on the bench. Any news why?

2 hours ago, TC1000 said:

We should score more goals to win the match easily. At the end Arsenal doesn't have what it takes when chances are there. Other than the foul in the final minute Dembele is man of the match. This is one of his best games in Spurs shirt, better than the win against MU a few years ago. He is playing for a new contract.

Mkhitaryan is shit. Trippier would love to play against him every day.

What is wrong with Lamela? He chose to shoot under no pressure and missed the target completely. He picked a silly yellow card. After the match he was still arguing with Arsenal players. FA may review the TV footage and charge him with misconduct.

Thought you don‘t fency Trips! What changed your mind, mate? ;)