Neophyte

PL: Brighton & Hove Albion v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Brighten v Tottenham  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

losing to munich midweek was so so painful but I have to say this brighton fiasco was probably worse,if at all that's possible. I say this because simply after the midweek game everything needed to be ramped up to full capacity , passion, energy levels, desire to win, eradicate the shame, prove to the world that I can play professional football, and as this club has been so could to me I would go through a brick wall for it.... did we see any of that,certainly not. why. I believe they have all got far too comfortable, whether they win or lose ,try or not try, they still get sorted financially, no punishments, really they just look like a group who don't give a damn. I said it last year, we still have too many ok players, mid table players who collectively got lucky last season.[ and some wont like it but I do include sissoko]. most of them panic, where is the simple pass that we are so used to seeing, if they are that good the game should be second nature, why are we all so completely inept at scoring simple chances, are they living in fear? lloris is now out until the new year at least, ok hes injured, but it might be a blessing in disguise, has the wine sozzled his brain. the team seriously needs a young Graham Roberts, we aint got a Graham so whos dishing it out on the pitch, my vote is danny rose, responsibility might be the thing he needs and I don't believe hes to worried if he offends any of those pansies. lets face it ,the only way is up...COYS.

3 hours ago, coleraine spurs said:

losing to munich midweek was so so painful but I have to say this brighton fiasco was probably worse,if at all that's possible. I say this because simply after the midweek game everything needed to be ramped up to full capacity , passion, energy levels, desire to win, eradicate the shame, prove to the world that I can play professional football, and as this club has been so could to me I would go through a brick wall for it.... did we see any of that,certainly not. why. I believe they have all got far too comfortable, whether they win or lose ,try or not try, they still get sorted financially, no punishments, really they just look like a group who don't give a damn. I said it last year, we still have too many ok players, mid table players who collectively got lucky last season.[ and some wont like it but I do include sissoko]. most of them panic, where is the simple pass that we are so used to seeing, if they are that good the game should be second nature, why are we all so completely inept at scoring simple chances, are they living in fear? lloris is now out until the new year at least, ok hes injured, but it might be a blessing in disguise, has the wine sozzled his brain. the team seriously needs a young Graham Roberts, we aint got a Graham so whos dishing it out on the pitch, my vote is danny rose, responsibility might be the thing he needs and I don't believe hes to worried if he offends any of those pansies. lets face it ,the only way is up...COYS.

It has not been easy being a Spurs supporter for some 3 1/2 decades. We've had periods of showing promise plus times when the results were poor. The problem arises when responding on here as to how to vent our feelings when we are having a bad run and who to direct the comments at without.

I think you have found a good balance. The situation hasn't just arisen this season culminating with the last horrendous 2 games. The team has greatly underperformed since the start of the year and actually plummeted this season. 

I agree we need a dynamic captain as no one is standing out for me taking charge this season as there have been uninspiring performances from all the players at one time or another. Also, when we buy, we need better quality players than those bought in the last 4 years if our hopes and expectations are to be met.  We'll never know why this never happened.

From someone who was a real believer at the start of the season, despite our poor last half of last season (disregarding getting to the CL final), I am really am fearful we are close to have done irreparable damage and may have to start building all over again. 

My hopes that I am wrong and somehow we will put a run of wins together is diminishing with each game we fail to win. There is evidence everywhere with teams hit a poor run and it becomes terminal. 2 seasons ago Sunderland ago were relegated and then went down again last season. Last season Stoke went down and lie in a relegation position this season I don't for 1 minute think we will be relegated, I just use this as an example to show how hard it is to reverse plummets which go on for months. Psychologically it is often difficult for players to cope. As you pointed out, of late we have had chances and failed to put them away suggesting nerves are getting to the team.

We have a difficult match coming up against Watford - it is hard to know which Watford will turn up. Then Liverpool which we need to be mentally strong for. We will have a better idea after those 2 matches whether we are turning the season around or is our situation turning into a crisis.

It is still within our grasp to get back to being a feared team and Poch knows this so hopefully my nerves will start to come down.

COYS.

8 hours ago, coleraine spurs said:

the team seriously needs a young Graham Roberts, we aint got a Graham so whos dishing it out on the pitch, my vote is danny rose, responsibility might be the thing he needs and I don't believe hes to worried if he offends any of those pansies. lets face it ,the only way is up...COYS.

Totally agree sir, (i presume you are a male and no offence either way)    but yeh we need someone to say, no way we aint being humiliated like this, and if we are then we're taking some of you down with us , would Gnabry have got to his hattrick if Roberts was on the pitch??? NO  and big fat effing NO , he'd have been stretchered off after two , it wouldnt have been North London that was red, it would have been his hospital bedsheets 

8 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Totally agree sir, (i presume you are a male and no offence either way)    but yeh we need someone to say, no way we aint being humiliated like this, and if we are then we're taking some of you down with us , would Gnabry have got to his hattrick if Roberts was on the pitch??? NO  and big fat effing NO , he'd have been stretchered off after two , it wouldnt have been North London that was red, it would have been his hospital bedsheets 

Sorry I try with this boy but he just can’t control his aggressive urges. I might have to take him to the vet.

27 minutes ago, Paxton said:

Sorry I try with this boy but he just can’t control his aggressive urges. I might have to take him to the vet.

but its true, he would not have finished the game with Roberts on the pitch, its how it used to be , even moreso now hes made that 'statement'  hed be a marked man in every way, but this current  lot will shake his hand and laugh with him, losers 

11 hours ago, coleraine spurs said:

I agree Coleraine except I not sure a Graham Roberts, Paul, Miller or a Stevie Perryman actually exist anymore. Cut anyone of them and they would bleed Navy and White!