PL: Southampton v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Southampton v Tottenham  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What's your result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

49 minutes ago, Tazzy said:

Well as always gone for a win.   2-1 to us.   I just want to see us play as a team and with some heart.  

Amen to that. I reluctantly accept it when we are beaten by a better team on the day, but hate it when we drop points when we are inept and woeful.

If any Spurs player looks in on here, may I respectfully suggest that out of the massive wages you get, you reimburse the fans who paid a large part of their disposable income and then having to sit through the dross you provided on the pitch. 

COYS

10 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I hope your prediction is better than Asc's for the Norwich match. 

COYS

Fair point.. Well we had a little run of games since Jose's arrival when I thought we might get 4/5 place. Now reverting to the Spursy performances of forever... We should win this 3-0 but in the current climate who knows?? Probably 6/7 this season??

We are very unpredictable at the back at the moment,,,I am most probably wrong ,,but I thought we had a better shape in the 2nd half of the Norwich match ,when we went with a flat back 4 ,,,,sessegnon at left back looked solid and aurier as a proper right back looked a little more solid 

3 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

We are very unpredictable at the back at the moment,,,I am most probably wrong ,,but I thought we had a better shape in the 2nd half of the Norwich match ,when we went with a flat back 4 ,,,,sessegnon at left back looked solid and aurier as a proper right back looked a little more solid 

So unpredictable that this could be win, lose or draw. Sessegnon - who I have/had high hopes for and seen by Mourinho to be a wing back not full back when he took over was so ineffective in that role. Unless it's lack of match confidence (and I'm being charitable here) then he did nothing. Most of us could have done what he did - pass the ball immediately he got it five yards to a colleague.

I'm going a draw.

Hope I'm wrong but think we'll get beat. Just seems we're a collection of individuals , ranging from very good to wank, rather than a team.  Lose possession easily, because we can't seem to pass the bloody thing to someone in the same coloured shirt, and don't seem to match any team in desire and work rate.

11 hours ago, nearlyscotsspur said:

Hope I'm wrong but think we'll get beat. Just seems we're a collection of individuals , ranging from very good to wank, rather than a team.  Lose possession easily, because we can't seem to pass the bloody thing to someone in the same coloured shirt, and don't seem to match any team in desire and work rate.

Hello. I hope youre wrong on the result but you are spot on on the summisation 

I’m guessing we see Sissoko slot right back in the central midfield...I just hope NDombele starts again.  That and the team shows some grit, determination and start from the off instead of waiting to go a goal down.

truth be told if we had been clinical v Norwich it would have been 2-0 15 minutes in....

Away win for me.

I really hope see Tanganga get a run out in the back three with Toby, and also KWP at right back.

Ndombele has to start with Sissoko, and let Parrott and Lo Celso have some game time in the second half

Gazza

KWP    Tanganga Toby  Vertonghen

Sissoko

Dele  NDombele  Eriksen/Lo Celso

Lamela/Parrott

The Kane

Very little time between games for Mou to work with players.

If the club is attempting to sell Eriksen for a fee in Jan, the last thing we want is Eriksen picking up an injury.

I would go with this line up. Mou is quick to make subs when needed. 

Gazza

Aurier  Sanchez Toby Jan

Moura  Tanguy Dier Gio

Kane  Dele

Subs: GK, Sissoko, Lamela, KWP, Sessegnon, Rose, Skipp

HNY One an All!

I stand to be corrected, but Poch played Lamela for a few games (can't remember who against) in the "Number 10" role and I thought each time he played that position really well and opened up a few defences.

Would like to see....

Gaza: KWP/Toby/Japhet/Jan: (4) Foyth: (1) N'Dombele/Lamela/Sessengnon: (3) Dele: (1) Kane: (1).

Unfortunately we are likely to see Dier, Aurier, Sissoko and Winks in the 11! What is it about JM, that he prefers dogs in his teams? I'm not being disrespectful to Dier Sissoko etc. This is what I call a player who just runs around chasing the pull without much thought and ability of what he might do when he gets it. One maybe, but 4 of them!! 

COYS!

Official Squad for Today's match.

Gazzaniga

Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sessegnon

Sissoko, Ndombele

Eriksen, Dele, Lucas

Kane

Bench - Vorm, Sanchez, Tanganga, Skipp, Winks, Lo Celso, Lamela

I have just got back from the pub and switched on the TV and the first picture was on Mike Dean!! How I dislike that man and my heart sank - I'm sure he hates Spurs and we are in for a rough ride. 

COYS