Jump to content
Spurs Web
Mr8ball

C-virus

Recommended Posts

My niece worked a full night shift last night ,,,she has just talked to my wife and said again a/e was full of Covid patients,,, but the strange thing she said was most seemed ok ,,then suddenly patients were dropping like fly’s,,passing out etc etc all below 50 years old 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Sorry to hear that mate, hopefully it's no more than a bad case of the flu. Sneezing was never regarded as a covid symptom and continually doing so will naturally cause a strain on your stomach muscles. I would recommend plenty of fluids, paracetamol and a warm bed for the next couple of days.

Self isolate as you say, but if your condition worsens then you must seek help. Take care and let's hope you're on your way back to your old self for the match tomorrow :16:

 

 

50 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Take care Liam mate

Thanks lads! After a long sleep I feel better this afternoon, just the sinus headache thats abit of a bother now, but I suffer with terrible migraines anyway so I know it could be alot worse. Cheers again for the concern!

COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:
  1. Police break up New Year's Eve parties in virus hotspot Essex

    In Essex, which has some of the highest localised infection rates in the UK, police said they broke up three unlicensed parties and issued £18,000 of fines.

    Officers said they had objects thrown at them and threats were made as they tried to break up a party where revellers had gained entry to a church. 

BBC News - Covid: Illegal New Year party at Essex church broken up
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-55506681

Sick bastards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Borodin said:

BBC News - Covid: Illegal New Year party at Essex church broken up
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-55506681

Sick bastards...

Having lived through the 40s and 50s I can make comparisons.

Discipline was very strict in those days with punishments severe enough to be a deterrent. Today kids and young people under 25 are feral and uncontrollable. 

The woolly minded liberals rule these days. Ousting them to reintroduce the Draconian measures needed to take back control is close to zero. I am effectively an immigrant arriving here just before my 7th birthday. Circumstances were such I finished up living here. I don't know about Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, but England has gone from a country I loved to live in to one which I am close to detesting much of what goes on today. 

It appears much of the loathsome behaviour occurs in the cities and larger towns. Luckily for me, I moved to a small market town in a rural part of Leicestershire 22 years ago. It is rare for this lawless type of behaviour to happen in my part of England. If it starts creeping into such rural areas I may well move back to Ireland. 

The selfish behavior has mushroomed during this pandemic in my opinion. There have been masses of wonderful people who have really shown the war time spirit. I can't speak highly enough  those putting others first. But all this wonderful action that has been happening gets driven into the background by the whinging and selfish irresponsible behavior dominating the news. 

At 81, my life is effectively over and I want to spend the winter of my years pleasantly enjoying my days. I have lost faith that things will change for the better. A year or two of things worsening and I may well desert this country that I once loved living in. 

COYS 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jose is sooo angry,  but he will still pay and play them i bet 

Sell the three of them , set the tone, make an example, disgusting behaviour, far far worse than some jokey social media post , potentially life threatening, certainly disruptive to future matches , FA should be stepping in as its endangering everyone not just Spurs    

20 game bans for every player breaking the rules and bas from training complex 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So 12 people meet up in a darkened back room in contravention of Covid 19 restrictions. Are they indulging in some perverted sex scandal, gambling, drinking, taking drugs.. no, it's even worse than that. They're playing feckin dominoes !! Unbelievable.......

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-55503852

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Borodin said:

So 12 people meet up in a darkened back room in contravention of Covid 19 restrictions. Are they indulging in some perverted sex scandal, gambling, drinking, taking drugs.. no, it's even worse than that. They're playing feckin dominoes !! Unbelievable.......

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-55503852

shoot all of them and the restaurant owner, be no loss to society , seriously its like WTF   even if you dont beleive its ALL true its about helping the country and your fellow human beings to get on with their lives, why are they even questioning whether to fine,  fine, shut down,  stab, slice open , set fire to , good riddance to thick shit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol mate ,,,well even if we go into lockdown,,,I have to go to work ,,,i have 2 bosses and there is just 4 of us in total ,,we have to get the work done or it’s no job work etc the people have been waiting for over a year now ,,,they have been very understanding,,,they need it finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way we stop is if the police come out to our yard and close us,,,

but they couldn’t be bothered with a £25 grand robbery so why would they come and shut us down ,,,remember only 4 of us 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there's one thing I truly hate is people who insult my intelligence. Have a read of this article :

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55567560

Yet another sports person who has flouted the Covid restriction rules and then issued an 'apology'. Are we really to think that they act 'unthinkingly' and are truly remorseful afterwards ?

They couldn't give a shit. They organise parties in the knowledge that they will probably get found out (by which time it's too late) and issued with a fine (which is petty cash to them). Then they assume all they have to do is publish a heartfelt apology and all will be forgotten. It is irresponsible and unforgivable.

For what it matters, I won't forget.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worse still, he probably had the club solicitor draft the apology and the club support him by coming up with the best solution to make sure he doesn't miss being available to play. 

It isn't just footballers, other celebrities, politicians etc, it is also all walks of life among the general public. They all are selfishly are putting others lives at risk. It seems it is a huge majority of the population who cannot control there selfish behaviour. I think it is partially because they think they won't be caught and also the punishment isn't Draconian enough to deter them. Also, a powerful deterrent was religion. In those days the vast majority believed those teachings. Partly because it laid down rules of how to behave and partly within us was a fear of the possibility of going to hell when we died. I think today only a small minority believe in the Christian beliefs, so that powerful deterrent is no longer there. (I am not advocating for it to be returned, only explaining how it once used to be). 

In the 40s and 50s, the attitude of the people regarding respecting others was vastly different. Slowly since then, it has inched away from it being a duty to respect the law and to behave responsibly to having human rights to allowing individuals to do what ever you want even it causes others to suffer. 

Change never happens overnight despite those thinking it can. It takes decades. Today they still think by explaining and educating they can alter the behaviour of those who selfishly only care about themselves and there own wants. Utter bollacks. But it is the thinking of the woolly minded liberals who seem to rule today. I think change wil come, but I am unlikely to see it. 

COYS 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look there are lots off wishi washi wankers out there ,,,,most went to cambridge or Oxford the silver spoon persons,,,that know how to do a real days work ,,lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s been them same for hundreds of years certain peoples think they are above the peasants,,but they are the fools cos the peasants run there lives ,,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Education is a silver sword,,,my wife ( like me) we are not the rocket scientist’s ,,,but I am definitely not kin daft enough to listen ,,just cos someone superior in stature says it’s this way ,,,,that person is not leading me into battle ( just talking shite ) I am having a kin rant ,,,I have a degree,,i am not daft ,,,stupid yes ,,boris is a fuck wit ,,,silver spoon wanker 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now it has arrived. The Vaccine. The World has spent all is efforts in catching up on all the aspects of Covid from the initial problems with PPE to catch up with Help to Eats, the Economy, Furlough,Lockdowns, Schools Open, Schools Closed Yabba Yabba.

I have been happily surprised by the Labour Leader Keir Starmer by his sensible non political comments (mainly) throughout a very difficult situation for the Country. I have been equally dismayed by the majority of his MP's who couldn't resist automatic rejection of every policy and continuing to criticise efforts after decisions are made but are totally bereft of ideas or proposals before. I fully understand they are opposition MP's but Covid should have a united effort for the good of the country in deeds and solidarity.

I am a Boris supporter. I think since his overwhelming Win in the General Election he has faced problems of almost a World War nature. Not sure he has the quality of MP's in his corner either. Time and many enquirers years down the line will almost certainly confirm mistakes were made along the way but I think will be accepted in terms of the difficulty of the situation, the will and changes of Covid and what was a world wide catastrophe that caught out every country of the world. 

Every Country has tried its best full in the knowledge we were and are still waiting for our only saviour..The Vaccine.

Time for Boris to at least recover the situation. The Vaccine has to be distributed as fast, faster than currently planned. GP's and the like being required to complete a 21 Page form before being authorised to give Jabs is a nonsense. So many professions and individuals are capable of giving a Jab after a few hours/Day course. This has become a War Situation treat it as such. I'm not suggesting our qualified professionals are ignored but at this time but lesser qualified, intelligent people could be utilised in times of need.

There will be bumps in the road in this Vaccine process and even as a proud 25 year ex member of HM Forces I am not sure they will be able to provide the service we need and may be made the scapegoats for our failure to provide the excellent service required.

I hope I am just feeling a bit down. Boris has promised a Vaccine Rollout that gives hope to the Nation. He has to stick with it, his team have to pull together to make it work and the daily number of Vaccines given has to be announced daily to give the Country the hope and confidence that this madness is going to be over soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Borodin said:

If there's one thing I truly hate is people who insult my intelligence. Have a read of this article :

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55567560

Yet another sports person who has flouted the Covid restriction rules and then issued an 'apology'. Are we really to think that they act 'unthinkingly' and are truly remorseful afterwards ?

They couldn't give a shit. They organise parties in the knowledge that they will probably get found out (by which time it's too late) and issued with a fine (which is petty cash to them). Then they assume all they have to do is publish a heartfelt apology and all will be forgotten. It is irresponsible and unforgivable.

For what it matters, I won't forget.

 

 

agreed mate, yet we all still cheered Regulons cross on Tuesday, shouldnt have been playing, dealt with internally doesnt seem like it, FA not involved, why not 

it will take a player to die before they give a damn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great post ASC   agree re Kier Starmer , im not Labour either but hes been fair.

I think the vaccine roll out is ageist tho and also benefits the unfit unhealthy brigade who are that way due solely to life choices (not eating healthy, lack of exercise you know the thing, driving to corner shop in PJs to but more fags and family pack of pickled onion monster munch for a snack 

Im 53 Im fit and healthy cos I eat fruit and veg, exercise a lot, look after myself  dont smoke etc  yet on the vaccine roll out im behind a lot of younger people who havent by choice looked after themselves, are obese, are unfit unhealthy , dont work , wont add to the economy after getting the vaccine yet theyll get it before lots of fit healthy working people cos we cant have fat unhealthy people dying on us can we!!! 

Makes more sense to me to vaccine people who will then go back to work, open the shops, the eateries, the offices, benefit all the businesses that are shut around thos offices, city centres, transport hubs etc, get the UK back on its feet., get taxes and NI flowing back into the economy, reduce the outlay on furlough, invest that into helping more old people and getting more vaccines out 

Vaccinating loads of people first who wont be adding to the economy anyway cos they still wont go out doesnt make sense 

I dont include the aged cos you cant help what age you are 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Asc3 said:

So now it has arrived. The Vaccine. The World has spent all is efforts in catching up on all the aspects of Covid from the initial problems with PPE to catch up with Help to Eats, the Economy, Furlough,Lockdowns, Schools Open, Schools Closed Yabba Yabba.

I have been happily surprised by the Labour Leader Keir Starmer by his sensible non political comments (mainly) throughout a very difficult situation for the Country. I have been equally dismayed by the majority of his MP's who couldn't resist automatic rejection of every policy and continuing to criticise efforts after decisions are made but are totally bereft of ideas or proposals before. I fully understand they are opposition MP's but Covid should have a united effort for the good of the country in deeds and solidarity.

I am a Boris supporter. I think since his overwhelming Win in the General Election he has faced problems of almost a World War nature. Not sure he has the quality of MP's in his corner either. Time and many enquirers years down the line will almost certainly confirm mistakes were made along the way but I think will be accepted in terms of the difficulty of the situation, the will and changes of Covid and what was a world wide catastrophe that caught out every country of the world. 

Every Country has tried its best full in the knowledge we were and are still waiting for our only saviour..The Vaccine.

Time for Boris to at least recover the situation. The Vaccine has to be distributed as fast, faster than currently planned. GP's and the like being required to complete a 21 Page form before being authorised to give Jabs is a nonsense. So many professions and individuals are capable of giving a Jab after a few hours/Day course. This has become a War Situation treat it as such. I'm not suggesting our qualified professionals are ignored but at this time but lesser qualified, intelligent people could be utilised in times of need.

There will be bumps in the road in this Vaccine process and even as a proud 25 year ex member of HM Forces I am not sure they will be able to provide the service we need and may be made the scapegoats for our failure to provide the excellent service required.

I hope I am just feeling a bit down. Boris has promised a Vaccine Rollout that gives hope to the Nation. He has to stick with it, his team have to pull together to make it work and the daily number of Vaccines given has to be announced daily to give the Country the hope and confidence that this madness is going to be over soon.

This pandemic is not a single problem. Outside of the illness problem, it has led to creating several other different problems. That in itself has created insoluble problems because dealing with one worsens the effects of others. Introducing a measure to deal with a specific problem leads to howls of protests from those who see it as creating a problem in their lives. Doing right always leads to doing wrong elsewhere. 

Throughout Europe and with the 4 countries in the UK, they have all adopted different measures in trying to get on top of the situation. In the early days some countries were singled out as using better systems. Boris has received his fair share of criticism by people using hindsight. People love to criticise and I feel that too often it is unwarranted. Whether initially some were praised while others were criticised, they are all in the same situation today. None have avoided these latest spikes and none have been able to stop it happening. 

As for Starmer, I too thought he was reasonably fair in his comments. For some time now I have been annoyed with him. He comes across as though he is fighting an election. He starts every statement with, "The Prime Minister has made a mistake. All decisions are no better than a best guess - they are not mistakes. His latest demand was saying we should be vaccinating 24 hours a day. This programme operationally is a massive in introducing it all over the country. Getting it off the ground just doing it through the day is proving to pose real problems in finding trained people to vaccinated - finding extra staff without taking NHS staff who are being undated is impossible. To me that is simply trying to score points statement. 

being able to distribute the vaccines. Even getting people to the vaccine areas during the night hours seems totally impractical. If my appointment was 3am in the morning and I had to travel to a hospital in Leicester, I would probably say, "eff off". 

They are just my views

COYS 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I don't understand is the mentality of people who decide vaccinations can now take place 12 weeks apart instead of the recommended 21 days ?. There is no medical evidence whatsoever to support this proposal and I sincerely hope that here in Republic Of Ireland we will be sticking to non UK suggestions and abiding by WHO recommendations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×