Spurs Web
Mr8ball

C-virus

Mixed emotions this morning. 

I have just been seen by a different Consultant this morning who said that all various tests on the heart can find nothing specifically heart related. Sadly, there is some scarring on the heart caused by Covid which he believes is the problem. 

He said he would speak plainly and not fob me off with false hope. He said it was this Long Covid and it could last for a long time. He then added it may be the start of a new way of life implying to me it was like empasemia

2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Mixed emotions this morning. 

I have just been seen by a different Consultant this morning who said that all various tests on the heart can find nothing specifically heart related. Sadly, there is some scarring on the heart caused by Covid which he believes is the problem. 

He said he would speak plainly and not fob me off with false hope. He said it was this Long Covid and it could last for a long time. He then added it may be the start of a new way of life implying to me it was like empasemia

Well at least you have seen a Consultant who's a straight talker mate and is telling you like it is. I'd much rather have someone like that rather than one that tries to gloss over the facts.

Just remember that Long Covid is a new condition that the medical world is just finding out about. They have no experience of this and are only going by patients who have suffered or are suffering from it. There is no 'standard format' for how long such an illness lasts. He is giving you the worst scenario and explaining the breathlessness is similar to people with emphysema.

Take some time to let it all sink in and don't be afraid to ask any questions you have. Now is the time to question them so you get answers immediately rather than sit at home later worrying.

Try to draw some comfort from the fact that you do have good days as well as bad and nobody can be certain about how long it will last. Every individual handles it differently and thanks to your overall fitness you must have a better than normal chance of recovering.

Perhaps your life will need to change in order to accommodate Long Covid but you will learn to adapt I'm sure. You are here to tell the tale my friend and there are sadly millions who didn't come through this terrible virus.

So try to stay positive. You always have this happy band of souls in here to cheer you up (though not much cheer about at the moment). Concentrate on getting home and into a routine that helps you better cope with your symptoms.Don't try and fight this thing, if you feel tired then rest. Listen to your body now and if it says 'f**k' the gym then so be it.

You're life may be changing but thank God you're still alive and able to keep us all in check in here.

Take care and stay safe.....

COYS

I was told by by the Consultant I would be having an MRI scan but as an out patient. An hour later someone came and told me I would be having it this afternoon. Just as he was  walking away a porter arrived with a wheel chair saying he was taking me for an MRI scan,  so the other guy just put his hands  in the air, raised his eyes to the sky and walked away. 

I now have had the scan but have no idea what is happening. I am hoping that the sending me home part of the plan is still part of the plans for me and could be 

COYS 

I am having a very bad day with the breathlessness, the tiredness and dizziness when move around today. If there is nothing they can find nothing wrong with the heart, and they can do nothing about it, I might as well be in my own home. Hopefully they will send me back tomorrow. The other advantage after the 17th of May, I can have friends visit. A good majority of them are old enough to have had both jabs. 

I am hoping Ashby have a Covid Therapy Centre with classes to progressively help me regain my strength and fitness with tips to make life easier and to reduce and cope with the chest pain - when that happens, I feel so fed up I get lethargic and can't apply myself to do anything. 

COYS 

5 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I am having a very bad day with the breathlessness, the tiredness and dizziness when move around today. If there is nothing they can find nothing wrong with the heart, and they can do nothing about it, I might as well be in my own home. Hopefully they will send me back tomorrow. The other advantage after the 17th of May, I can have friends visit. A good majority of them are old enough to have had both jabs. 

I am hoping Ashby have a Covid Therapy Centre with classes to progressively help me regain my strength and fitness with tips to make life easier and to reduce and cope with the chest pain - when that happens, I feel so fed up I get lethargic and can't apply myself to do anything. 

COYS 

Stay positive. If your body says rest then do so. Try to find some other outlets to spend your time...reading, watching films/documentaries etc. You need to adapt and accept your limitations for now mate.

At last, I am sat in my armchair back home after 2 weeks I hospital.

They tried their best to find a hook to hang an answer on but could not find one. They have fallen back on the dreaded Covid, pretty much saying, tough - learn to live with it. 

I spoke to 3 different Consultants and was given 3 different ideas on their views of the problem and how to be treated. The 3rd one won insisting it was Long Covid and sent me home. I only hope he is right.

If this is going to be my life until they have more idea about Covid so be it. 

COYS 

22 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

At last, I am sat in my armchair back home after 2 weeks I hospital.

They tried their best to find a hook to hang an answer on but could not find one. They have fallen back on the dreaded Covid, pretty much saying, tough - learn to live with it. 

I spoke to 3 different Consultants and was given 3 different ideas on their views of the problem and how to be treated. The 3rd one won insisting it was Long Covid and sent me home. I only hope he is right.

If this is going to be my life until they have more idea about Covid so be it. 

COYS 

Glad you're back home. Just chill for a couple of days and get back into a relatively normal routine again :thumb:

Another bad day.

I took myself off to the surgery  to get some advise as the report they sent me home with was in Dr's language which might as well have been in Chinese. My heart pain, breathlessness, dizziness and weariness is as bad as it can get. I'm going to take myself off to bed for a bit - don't panic if I am not posting as even that exacerbates my condition on very bad days. 

COYS 

8 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Another bad day.

I took myself off to the surgery  to get some advise as the report they sent me home with was in Dr's language which might as well have been in Chinese. My heart pain, breathlessness, dizziness and weariness is as bad as it can get. I'm going to take myself off to bed for a bit - don't panic if I am not posting as even that exacerbates my condition on very bad days. 

COYS 

Take it easy fellah, nothing much happening today except Chelsea beating Arsenal later on tonight. :thumb:

I am just back from my first walk for 5 weeks taking 35 minutes. I was never more than 15 minutes from the house in case it got too bad. My leg muscles started to ache with the heart pains starting and getting breathless over the last 7 minutes or so. 

I sat down for a few minutes when I got back, but when I stood up to make a coffee, I felt dizzy and and tired all over and weak. It looks as though it is going to be a long slow process. 

I have had a letter today from the NHS saying I have been referred to LLR Long Covid Assessment TRIAGE Service - Respiratory Medicine. Hopefully, they will be able to give me some tips to manage my condition and enable me to be more active. 

I shan't raise my hopes too high as over the last 9 months I have had more false dawns than Spurs have given me in the last 5 seasons!!    LOL

COYS 

ps   Sorry to be such a bore, but it just may be a good reminder to continue being very cautious about mixing in crowds with this Indian variant spreading across the county. I know only a tiny minority get this Long Covid, but you have no guarantee it won't be you. 

STAY SAFE for your families sake. 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

I am just back from my first walk for 5 weeks taking 35 minutes. I was never more than 15 minutes from the house in case it got too bad. My leg muscles started to ache with the heart pains starting and getting breathless over the last 7 minutes or so. 

I sat down for a few minutes when I got back, but when I stood up to make a coffee, I felt dizzy and and tired all over and weak. It looks as though it is going to be a long slow process. 

I have had a letter today from the NHS saying I have been referred to LLR Long Covid Assessment TRIAGE Service - Respiratory Medicine. Hopefully, they will be able to give me some tips to manage my condition and enable me to be more active. 

I shan't raise my hopes too high as over the last 9 months I have had more false dawns than Spurs have given me in the last 5 seasons!!    LOL

COYS 

ps   Sorry to be such a bore, but it just may be a good reminder to continue being very cautious about mixing in crowds with this Indian variant spreading across the county. I know only a tiny minority get this Long Covid, but you have no guarantee it won't be you. 

STAY SAFE for your families sake. 

Jesus James,you have had no luck at all,stay safe and well pal.

On 5/19/2021 at 12:02 PM, Jamesinashby said:

COYS 

STAY SAFE for your families s

Mate stay ,,strong ,,,take a small march before the big one 

I've been an idiot and allowed myself to become thoroughly pissed off. 

I had a gentle gym session on Monday with very little reaction except for aching muscles. On Thursday, because I felt so well I pushed myself beyond my comfort zone. I worked harder on the bike and rowing machine and with increased weights. It was still less than a third of that I did 12 months, ago. I was a bit weary after the session but with no real after effects. 

When I got up this morning I felt fine and my spirits were up and I allowed myself to believe I was actually turning the corner. We went to a local cafe and when they checked on how I was feeling, I said I shouldn't be tempting fate but mentioned I was really pleased that things seemed to moving in the right direction. 

When I got up to leave I suddenly felt weak and dizzy and my heart pains returned. I had to sit down for some 10 minutes sipping water before I could walk to the car and Elaine had to drive home. I have been weak since with heart pains and very breathless with aching muscles - whenever I stand I feel lightheaded. Yet another sodding false dawn. I am no more forward since last August. 

I'm fed up just sitting around every day being bored out of my mind, and the thought of being no better than a couch potato for the rest of my life is pissing me off. 

Sorry for the rant but I really am fed up, having pretty much all of my active life being taken away from me. 

COYS 

Things are not so good for me at the moment.

I have been very tired over the last 3 days and today I feel wretched, I am very breathless, my thighs and calves are painful - it is like either the atmosphere is too  heavy and pressing down on them or gravity is to strong and pulling them down. I have to to be careful when I walk around as I feel light headed and at times quite dizzy and have to be careful I don't fall. My breathlessness is ridiculous and I am having to constantly breathing through my mouth and sometimes have to take deep breaths. My biggest concern is the dull ache constantly in my heart. It is not  hugely painful but often travels down my arm to make my little finger feel a sort of tingly numbness. At times all the fingers feel that way. It is OK the cardiologist saying they couldn't find anything serious with my heart apart from the scarring which they put down to the Covid virus, and they they didn't think I will have a stroke or heart attack, but why have they, as a precaution,  put me on  beta blockers, potassium, aspirin and a diuretic and to carry a spray  in case I get severe heart pains?

I am not feeling overly worried, stressed out or think that I now have a mental health problem. However, There is something known as 'subconscious anxiety' which is probably lurking somewhere and there is the normal reaction of being fed up to the back teeth that there is never a sign of recovering ,and no light at the end of the tunnel. This condition I am now plagued with has taken away my normal life and I have nothing that particularly interests me to replace it. I have found out you can't force yourself to like and take on board one of the hobbies and interests that others enjoy. You either like something or you don't.

As much as I enjoy chatting on the forum, I have reached a stage where things like, 'Is Harry staying?' 'Who will be the next Manager?', and 'Can we actually get rid of the dross and replace them with half decent players?' has slipped down to the bottom of my list of priorities. In fact, most chat about Spurs now, and for some time, is just a reminder of just how far we have slipped from the heady days of 2 years ago. Like my situation, to me personally Spurs situation is similar - no light at the end of the tunnel.

I shall keep looking in from time to time and may even join in with some of the chats, However, please don't take it as something personal if I seem to be ignoring you. The worst part of this long Covid is the mood swings. Initially I forced myself to respond, however, that has become a bit of an effort when I am in a can't be bothered mood.

Keep posting , and keep behaving yourselves,

best regards,   James

COYS

7 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I shall keep looking in from time to time and may even join in with some of the chats, However, please don't take it as something personal if I seem to be ignoring you. The worst part of this long Covid is the mood swings. Initially I forced myself to respond, however, that has become a bit of an effort when I am in a can't be bothered mood.

Keep posting , and keep behaving yourselves,

best regards,   James

COYS

Totally understand where you are coming from mate. The forum is just going around in circles at the moment waiting for something to happen and it's getting very frustrating awaiting news of any kind. It's just a bit concerning for everyone if we don't see anything from you at all. May I suggest you try and maybe comment on at least one post that you read in here with a 'like' , 'agree' or whatever at least every other day and that way you're keeping in touch :thumb:

Hopefully the whole situation will explode into positive news very soon both regarding Tottenham and yourself. Take care and best wishes.

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

I got me first jab on Friday and I have to say I felt queasy all over the weekend,feel much better now tho.

My wife and I were exactly the same mate after our first jab (Astra Zeneca). No energy and felt crap for two days then suddenly as right as rain again. Hopefully it's a sign that your body is reacting as it should. :thumb:

I have my second jab on Thursday - can't wait. I need a haircut !

James - I have terrible trouble breathing all the time. I had my heart and lungs checked and they are all OK, so more and more I am thinking that it is in my head and connected with anxiety. My old man suffered the same, even though he was an immensely impressive and confident man. He was the first intake into REME and served in Java during WW2, ending up a WO1. 

I am getting to the stage where I think to see a shrink  rather than a 'regular' doctor. My wife always told me I'm nuts and now I am beginning to think she was right ;-)

4 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I have my second jab on Thursday - can't wait. I need a haircut !

James - I have terrible trouble breathing all the time. I had my heart and lungs checked and they are all OK, so more and more I am thinking that it is in my head and connected with anxiety. My old man suffered the same, even though he was an immensely impressive and confident man. He was the first intake into REME and served in Java during WW2, ending up a WO1. 

I am getting to the stage where I think to see a shrink  rather than a 'regular' doctor. My wife always told me I'm nuts and now I am beginning to think she was right ;-)

I have had those probs since I was 18 my sis was pregnant at 16 ,,,,me and my dad had morning sickness for the full nine months ,,,,,but for me it has never stopped 

I am going to rename Long Covid to interminably long. 

Last week has been a particularly bad week with every day being utterly knackering despite me not doing too much physically.

I am expected to do some light exorcise. On 3 of the days a short drive to a supermarket with a short walk around the shop and a pot of tea in there cafe - then back home in just after an hour. On another  3 days a short drive to a garden nursery - a short 15 min wandering around pulling a trolley for Elaine to put half a dozen punnets of plants plants in. Then yesterday a visit to the gym - my first visit in 2 weeks. I spent 10 minutes on a bike with the effort level set at 1 and pedalling slowly at on 35 per minute - I nearly fell asleep! Then 10 minutes on the treadmill flat and only at 2.5 pace and I I did no weights. A 100 year old with severe asthma could have managed that.

It is simply amazing that days which could be classed as none exercise days leave me exhausted and struggling for breath by around 3pm. I barely have the strength in my legs to get up out of my armchair. I have to lean forward until my chest is on my knees, use my arms to push myself up until my knees are at an angle of around 115 degrees and then my legs can take over. Then when I stand up I have to do it slowly as I get dizzy, and I have lost so much core muscle strength I could well fall over. 

I get quite bored and it makes me feel I just can't be bothered. There is only so much time I can spend playing mahjong and backgammon on my tablet and doing puzzles in a puzzle book. Other effects include pins and needles which come on in my legs so every couple of hours I have to get up and walk around to get rid of them. Late afternoon and evening when I have to walk around it brings on the breathlessness and aches including the heart pains. 

On the 16th of May my name was put forward to attend a Long Covid clinic. My 1st appointment is the 17th of August and that is a phone one with a nurse. I found out the nurses secretary"s phone number, but couldn't get it brought forward. Sadly, there is nothing that can be given to ease or speed up recovery. In fact, apart from having monthly blood tests to see if my organs like liver and kidneys are not getting damage (another thing that Long Covid attacks). Also, the 5 precautionary prescriptions I have been started on need monitoring that they aren't upsetting my organs. 

If DL thinks he has problems, he needs to try mine, money can't solve them. He has an answer, so I just wish he would get on with it and sort out the mess that has come about on his watch. 

COYS 

Mate keep going please positive thinking will help ,,I know it’s tough but hang in there ,,,,my Nanna got took into Addenbrookes yesterday there are no beds for her still in a/ e ,,,,asleep ,,,chest infection,,,pneumonia,,,and bad cellulite’s,,,just be told she has just been moved to f6 ward just now ,,,,she will be 97 on the 14th of June ,,,she has been asleep since Saturday night,,and I don’t think she will wake up ,,,gutted 

Sorry Guys, 

This morning I am feeling as tired and as weak as I have ever felt. My legs are so achy and weak that I am struggling to get up from a sitting position.

I am utterly fed up that as each day passes there is never a sign that I could be starting to recover - if anything, the very bad days are increasing. 

I am getting increasingly angry watching the news listening to those selfish, whinging bastards going on about their overseas holidays being ruined by the Government and accusing it of being inept. Not true. These retards, after 18 months, still haven't taken on board that forward planning can never be guaranteed. There is always the risk a new fast spreading mutation will occur causing plans to be swiftly amended. These pathetic idiots may well be bringing in the new variant and starting a chain of infections. 1 in 10 of those getting the virus could finish up with this untreatable Long Covid with the possibility of it never leaving their body. They can go on holiday if you must, but don't, if an outbreak occurs and restrictions are changed, keep moaning about it. 

I am going to take a sabbatical for a week or two and see if there is a way to be fast forwarded to the Long Covid Service. At the moment I can't get any sense from the  GPS or hospital Consultants and I am just floundering around in the dark as to how I should be living my life. Do I rest, do I exercise, when should I be doing these things, what's good for it and what's bad. They say I need to exercise but  not to overdo things but can't exactly define what that is. All very frustrating

Sorry for the rant. 

Stay safe and don't take any chances. Don't bank on getting a minor case and breezing through it. You may avoid hospital and dying from it, but everyone is forgetting there is Long Covid that stays with you and buggers up your life. 

COYS and bring some cheerful news into my life. 

45 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I am going to take a sabbatical for a week or two and see if there is a way to be fast forwarded to the Long Covid Service.

By all means concentrate your efforts on getting that sorted out quickly mate but don't desert the forum. We rely on you as The Voice Of Reason who always looks at matters subjectively and from both sides. I know you are feeling very down at the moment and not able to do things that not so long ago you took for granted but leaving us inmates to fend for ourselves inside this asylum is NOT a good idea. Just think of the mayhem and carnage you could return to in a fortnight :em5:

As I said before there's no need to feel you have to post anything on a daily/weekly basis but so long as you pop in regularly and just give one post from somebody a rating so that we know you're around and reading the threads. :thumb:

Try to stay positive my friend, maybe we shall have good news about the club very soon and be able to finally see a constructive plan ahead and out of this mess.

56 minutes ago, Borodin said:

By all means concentrate your efforts on getting that sorted out quickly mate but don't desert the forum. We rely on you as The Voice Of Reason who always looks at matters subjectively and from both sides. I know you are feeling very down at the moment and not able to do things that not so long ago you took for granted but leaving us inmates to fend for ourselves inside this asylum is NOT a good idea. Just think of the mayhem and carnage you could return to in a fortnight :em5:

As I said before there's no need to feel you have to post anything on a daily/weekly basis but so long as you pop in regularly and just give one post from somebody a rating so that we know you're around and reading the threads. :thumb:

Try to stay positive my friend, maybe we shall have good news about the club very soon and be able to finally see a constructive plan ahead and out of this mess.

An update to my special friends on here. 

I have just returned from speaking to a manager at the gym who has been brilliant. 

The gym manager, who is  not in today, will arrange a meeting with himself, a specialist sports trainer, my doctor friend (who has agreed) and me to come up with a specific one on one programme to make me fitter and to regain my strength. The most encouraging thing thing is the doctor told me to compare my condition with glandular fever - it attacks the glands and organs for 2 years or more, but the people get better. Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

Many, many thanks for all your support and efforts to keep my spirits up. Mr8 and Craig are having it tough as well than me, and as Mr8 put recently, this forum has been tremendous in helping us all through this pandemic. This forum has to be the best football forum ever. 

COYS