Spurs Web
Mr8ball

Kings of white hart lane ,,,,,,

On 1/18/2021 at 11:46 AM, Jamesinashby said:

I tried removing the forum app and reloading it. It has made the situation worse!!!

Now when I click on the shortcut, it says I have 181 notifications!!!  If I click on that rectangle with the X filling it, it just brings up a picture of it spinning around and that's it - it doesn't bring up the unread notifications.  The page it opens at must be some 4 or more weeks old. It is even harder to move to get to the browse forums and the unread content. 

I can only get to a current page using a laborious method of clicking through the 3 little boxes on the top right hand corner. Even then it only brings me to the up to date notifications. if I click on an old one of these, it gets me into that one thread which is often irrelevant!! 

I am sure I must be missing most of the posts that are being made and I have absolutely no idea how to solve my problem. Being rubbish with this technology it is unlikely I will be able to use the forum as I once did. My only hope is that the solution to put things right will be found. Until it is, I shall only look in once or twice a day and if things are not back to normal, unless I have stumbled on something that I can reply to, I am sorry to say that this important lifeline to me during this pandemic appears to have been snatched from me.

COYS

Hastings has raised the post make to say what problems you're having

14 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I remember my dear old mum being told that she was terminally ill. The family gathered around her hospital bed and she looked at all of us and said "It is what it is and we deal with it accordingly". That is exactly what happened, she valued every moment from then on and no sad faces were permitted, even at the funeral no-one was allowed to wear black. Her attititude was one of acceptance rather than bitterness and it allowed her to cope much better I'm sure.

As you quite rightly say James, you've been very, very lucky regarding your health. Now is the time to just take it all a bit easier and swap the exercise bike for a jigsaw and the badminton for a short leisurely walk.

Let's hope the forum is soon back to normal and we can all post a bit more in here :16:

Sorry I'm just catching up on the posts but that choke me up a bit mate I went through the same sort of thing with my father when he was passing away.

Unfortunately I'm going through a similar thing with my mother but she's actually pretty good at 88 she's got no real serious issues like Cancer or terminally ill she's got the typical elderly issues of arthritis diverticulitis, she did have a stroke 12 years ago the only made her left leg a little bit weaker but she still goes on about now even my father used to say will you stop going on about it you're ok now she doesn't embrace being healthy she only looks at the negatives even if she's got a slight pain and outside it's the end of the world I know she's a woman but she don't understand the stress it puts on everyone else.

She's getting lazy but covid-19  and everything because I used to literally drag her into  wheelchair and get her out and try and make her walk some steps because the fact is if don't use it you lose it.

Unlock my fire I just get on with things I don't moan about it all the time I'm I've pulled some sort of muscle or nerve in my back a few weeks ago and just got on with it trying to stretch covering myself in painkiller creams resting and trying to do very gentle exercise and now I'm almost back to normal I didn't ring my mama which she's actually therefore even though she's 88 and go  my God Mum I'm in pain today

6 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

watching the bowls later on BBC  , love playing that game 

I played from when I was 14 but in North Wales it was crown green bowling and not flat green. This meant the highest point of the playing suface was in the centre and on some greens could be up to 9" higher than the edges. It was the one game I seemed naturally able to play and represented my county (Denbighshire). I was fortunate to become Under 25 Welsh Champion (many,many years ago).

I stopped playing in my late forties simply because I could not devote the time required to play at the level I used to enjoy. Strange but it was the one sport I never had any enjoyment out of just 'playing'. I was fiercely competitive and friendlies held no interest.

I've tried flat green and even indoor 'carpet bowling' (that was interesting), but always found the crown green version the most challenging.

4 years ago I had 6 lessons and played a couple of games. Having been a swimmer, track and cross country athlete, played cricket and hockey, 7 aside rugby, tennis, badminton and and tennis, I found the games boring. Playing 11 ends meant I only rolled 22 Woods, in some 2 hours so it was not for me. 

I enjoyed the actual rolling it trying to get the wood to where the skip wanted it. It was the standing around watching the others I found boring. Consequently, it was a sport I found too sedate and never took to it. 

COYS 

41 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

4 years ago I had 6 lessons and played a couple of games. Having been a swimmer, track and cross country athlete, played cricket and hockey, 7 aside rugby, tennis, badminton and and tennis, I found the games boring. Playing 11 ends meant I only rolled 22 Woods, in some 2 hours so it was not for me. 

I enjoyed the actual rolling it trying to get the wood to where the skip wanted it. It was the standing around watching the others I found boring. Consequently, it was a sport I found too sedate and never took to it. 

COYS 

That's flat green and I totally agree. Crown green is completely different. Just two players with two woods each and the jack can travel anywhere across the green but it must go a minimum of 19 mts, no maximum. Game decided by first to score 21. Much, much more skillful and enjoyable.

Very interesting to hear peoples hobbies I will definitely try bowls one day but you got a laugh I probably won't even have to wait till I'm old because I can't bend down now when I get a bad back.

Finally laugh I was going to be into a new Hobby when I met one of my best mates at kickboxing he said to me he I liked to go shooting and I used to be in a rifle club with my late dad bless him and I really missed it.

Mate has lovely browning shotgun and said he goes clay pigeon shooting would I like to try and I jumped at the chance to join him.

When I went to him I've got through the induction in less than 5-minutes the guys were impressed that I could hit the clay straight away and then went around with him and was literally only about six or seven shots behind the guy that  been shooting for years I was really happy with myself and proud and thought my dad must be looking down on me.

It was frustrating because I had to borrow his gun which made it quite hot was both of us for firing from it and I found his a little bit heavy.

When my dad's inheritance come to me it wasn't huge but it was enough to put tools and you gone so I went out and had real fun trying out different types of Guns I tried German Italian Russian and eventually fell in love with a cheaper version of a Beretta which is called a Franchi.

I was all geared up now to go once I got my gun licence which is a real pain takes ages and you have to have a safe fitted which I did I put it in and got it all cleared saved up for my licence took it shooting and loved it.

Unfortunately with everything even before kovid life took over kids work my friend not being able to get down there because he was always working so I took my new brother-in-law who was very selfish and I paid for the drinks food and most of the ammunition and he got a free ride and didn't even say thank you.

Anyway long story short I have to check that the guns not rusting now in my safe and keep it clean because I haven't been for about 2 years because it's bloody expensive to go costs about £54 around as you can imagine with covid couldn't go anyway. 

But when I get myself back On My Feet get a job and hopefully things get back to normal covid wise I will push myself to go again as my shooting jacket has a patch on it saying Dad as I feel like he's with me when I'm shooting all the years he shot his enfield rifle and bren guns in the army and went shooting with me and the clubs and shot loads of rifles makes me feel like he's with me when I squeeze the trigger.

Sorry for the long boring story but I feel guilty haven't been on here for a while so I thought I'd let out while I can on this was done after having to print out all the work from our bloody schools to school the kids tomorrow:7:

12 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

COYS 

thats when the 4 of you together (other 4 normally down the far end ) talk, make friends, and have 2-3 hours of top banter and ribbing plus really helpful advice shared too 

14 hours ago, Borodin said:

I played from when I was 14 but in North Wales it was crown green bowling and not flat green. This meant the highest point of the playing suface was in the centre and on some greens could be up to 9" higher than the edges. It was the one game I seemed naturally able to play and represented my county (Denbighshire). I was fortunate to become Under 25 Welsh Champion (many,many years ago).

I stopped playing in my late forties simply because I could not devote the time required to play at the level I used to enjoy. Strange but it was the one sport I never had any enjoyment out of just 'playing'. I was fiercely competitive and friendlies held no interest.

I've tried flat green and even indoor 'carpet bowling' (that was interesting), but always found the crown green version the most challenging.

i am always competitive, friendlies like you say little interest other than when i was learning (well youre always learning but you know what i mean) . I was skip many times in first season, admittedly in the lesser important of the three leagues our team played in but still i loved that part but really enjoyed the inter team competitions .

Not tried crown green always assumed it was the same just a different name , first time i seen it explained properly, sounds a challenge , does the wood ever just run and run down the slope :-)

when this is all over, we should all meet up at somewhere like Manor Farm Hotel in Okehampton Devon, sports crafts and golf complex with decent evening fun too , have some gentle challenge matches at all sports, walks over the moors, golf, swim, tennis, crafts and ice skating for the Sheilas and drinks and games in the evening 

5 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

i am always competitive, friendlies like you say little interest other than when i was learning (well youre always learning but you know what i mean) . I was skip many times in first season, admittedly in the lesser important of the three leagues our team played in but still i loved that part but really enjoyed the inter team competitions .

Not tried crown green always assumed it was the same just a different name , first time i seen it explained properly, sounds a challenge , does the wood ever just run and run down the slope :-)

The woods are biased and many believe that this means one side is heavier than the other but it's not true. They are actually 'egg' shaped if you can imagine that. So when you bowl across the green with the narrow side towards the centre of the green it goes virtually straight but if you wish to use the slope then you turn the bowl over so that you bowl it up the slope and it will curve back round. (known in the game as pegging a wood). You have two woods each and score a point each end for everyone of yours nearer the jack than your opponent, first to 21 wins and winner of each end gets to deliver the jack. The bias side of the wood is marked with a dot and the bowler of the jack normally shouts "thumb" or "finger" as he delivers it to indicate which part of his hand is touching the bias.

The game's fascination is the variation in length you can bowl the jack, minimum of 19mts but no maximum. You will see someone battering their opponent by playing very small lengths and then suddenly the other guy will win an end and launch the jack from one corner to the other, a distance of over 60mts. So as a bowler you need to be versatile and able to bowl all lengths.

Around the green is a ditch and if the jack is bowled into it then it is returned to the other player bowl and 'set the mark'. If woods fall into it then they are deemed out of play whereas in flat green if a wood touches the jack and ends up in the ditch it is 'chalked' and still considered in play. (Ludicrous to us crown green bowlers :9:)

Same as everything else, practice makes perfect and you needed to know every lump and bump in your home green in order to maximise the advantage of playing there. I loved my time playing and have many great memories of my father and I bowling for the same team on a Saturday afternoon. :16:

1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

not massively different then , bias in both, can bowl most lengths, just the crown is interesting 

Think with flat green you play in 'lanes' and cannot just roam all over the green and across other bowlers. Also the length you can bowl is hugely minimised compared to crown.

Well thank god that's another week of homeschooling Dan now I'm running out of ink and paper after finally getting my printer to work then you try and sign up for the HP printing scheme that supposed to save you money I've worked out it probably won't stop probably end it anyway that supposed to have sent me new wink which could take up to 10 days to get it that's ridiculous, I could go on catch an octopus and get me own ink for that. Solder the backup one through Argos which took me about an hour banging my head against a brick wall because their website wouldn't work properly.

That's the fun part of the day the next one was I think I told you guys before my mum's side of the family are Jewish and she wants to be buried with my auntie bless her and family but but has only a plastic yid  because I was Spurs fan and my family came from North London we were shocked to receive a bill from my mum's synagogue a charge you yearly a fee for wanting to get buried in there Crematorium and I keep overcharging my mum even though they know she's fail an old I've had to send another complaint

and then I read in the news I don't know if you've all seen it, covidiots  but had a 400 person wedding at a Jewish Girls High School, Rabbi principal had died from covid-19 yet they still idiotically held a wedding there apparently the police are only fined about 6 people it's an absolute joke.

Selfish  

Wow certain persons think they are except from the law ,,,we have a pikey family not kin gypseys,,,we live 10 doors away from them ,,,the neighbour Karen Kelly is scared of the family just for what they are doing ,,,one boy called my wife a dirty whore ,,I went outside and gave him every cus  without fighting him ,,,I should have battered him ,,,I was stopped ,,,these people are proper leaches ,,not Irish ,,and not gypseys,,,,dirty pikeys ,,a race off useless fuckers ,,,all racists all wankers even the women ,,,I could keep going on this lot give proper gypseys a bad name 

I have just had my vaccination jab. 

Don't get too excited.

Reading the blurb that comes with with it, it says, 'The COVID-19 vaccination will reduce the the chance of of suffering from the disease'. 'Like all medicines, no vaccine is completely effective - some people may still get COVID-19 despite having the vaccination, but this should be less severe.

Knowing this and adding to it that the mutations will continue, are we looking at annual jabs for everyone? If so, will they increase the fines to deter the selfish retards from blatantly ignoring the rules? 

The vaccination was meant to return life back to the old normal. We will have to wait and see just how well it will lower the rate of it spreading to see whether some kind of restrictions will still be needed. 

As I said, don't get too excited just yet. The tunnel with the light at the end of it may not be as short as is being implied. 

COYS 

24 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I have just had my vaccination jab. 

Don't get too excited.

Reading the blurb that comes with with it, it says, 'The COVID-19 vaccination will reduce the the chance of of suffering from the disease'. 'Like all medicines, no vaccine is completely effective - some people may still get COVID-19 despite having the vaccination, but this should be less severe.

Knowing this and adding to it that the mutations will continue, are we looking at annual jabs for everyone? If so, will they increase the fines to deter the selfish retards from blatantly ignoring the rules? 

The vaccination was meant to return life back to the old normal. We will have to wait and see just how well it will lower the rate of it spreading to see whether some kind of restrictions will still be needed. 

As I said, don't get too excited just yet. The tunnel with the light at the end of it may not be as short as is being implied. 

COYS 

My mum's supposed to have it today by recommend might call it off because of the snow health and safety and that glad you've had it James let's hope it keeps you safe.

Just been out on the snow at least it was a bit of fun for the kids we're all wet and cold now, I saw in the news about those Chinese miners that got stuck in the mine for 2-weeks underground in the dark could you imagine if that had happened before kovid and when they get them out of the tunnel  oh my god we're so happy we're alive oh yeah by the way we've just created a pandemic you may die.:7:

39 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Chinese miners that got stuck in the mine for 2-weeks underground in the dark could you imagine if that had happened before kovid and when they get them out of the tunnel  oh my god we're so happy we're alive oh yeah by the way we've just created a pandemic you may die.:7:

Reminded me of a story that apparently an American billionaire offered NASA millions of dollars for research if they would dress everyone up in monkey suits the next time the space shuttle landed so the crew would think the worst...:7:.

Needless to say NASA declined (spoilsports)

1 hour ago, Craig Truespur said:

My mum's supposed to have it today by recommend might call it off because of the snow health and safety and that glad you've had it James let's hope it keeps you safe.

Just been out on the snow at least it was a bit of fun for the kids we're all wet and cold now, I saw in the news about those Chinese miners that got stuck in the mine for 2-weeks underground in the dark could you imagine if that had happened before kovid and when they get them out of the tunnel  oh my god we're so happy we're alive oh yeah by the way we've just created a pandemic you may die.:7:

My guardian angel must be looking after me. Half a hour after getting back it started snowing. It is now about 2 inches deep! 

COYS 

I have received another email on my mobile which is obviously one of those turds scams. 

"HMRC: Records show that you have a pending tax rebate 20/01/21. To calculate your claim click here. gov.uk_portal.org. Also a telephone number +44 7985 230255"

I don't know how they got my number as I only have 4 friends that I have given it to. I rarely use my mobile - only when I go on holiday to phone the guy who takes me to and collects me from the airport. 

COYS