Spurs Web
Audere Est Facere

You really want this to leave us

That is not what would be leaving us.its what used to be but is no more.

As I said before he now represents a luxury the rest of the team cannot afford to carry.

Let him go and the very best of luck to him. Thanks for the memories.

9 minutes ago, Borodin said:

That is not what would be leaving us.its what used to be but is no more.

As I said before he now represents a luxury the rest of the team cannot afford to carry.

Let him go and the very best of luck to him. Thanks for the memories.

Yeah old footage with two different haircuts and facial hair ago doesn't count we could have done the same with Eriksen and look how he  turned out festering wasting space in our team.

I want to hold my hands up if Dele came on say in  Europa game this week set up two goals and scored a cracking goal works his ass off tackling back and forward but I don't think it's going to happen is it. 

no you see thats not right mate, hes clearly struggling with some things and whilst its easy to look the other way footballers have issues too, should we just say thanks and bye bye , he will do things like this again many times for someone else or for us , i hope the latter 

2:30 is the best one,, loved that reaction against the skank ,

4 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

no you see thats not right mate, hes clearly struggling with some things and whilst its easy to look the other way footballers have issues too, should we just say thanks and bye bye , he will do things like this again many times for someone else or for us , i hope the latter 

2:30 is the best one,, loved that reaction against the skank ,

Under this manager and with this squad and the style of play and commitment required from each individual team member in order for it to work successfully there just isn't a place for Dele.

That's why I keep saying he's a luxury we cannot risk/afford.

2 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

many, doubtless you included were saying the same about Tanguy a few months ago ,while theres hope, i wont give up 

A lot of us were on ndembele Case-Mate but we also said if he knuckles down works hard to get back into the team he deserves his place which he does I don't think dele is in the same mould I think he's a bit of a spoilt brat.

To be fair as well and ndembele had to get over the cultural and language shock which again he earned credit for that.

Again we all hope Dele could prove us wrong and we all start doing his salut again but it was never consistent was it.

1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

many, doubtless you included were saying the same about Tanguy a few months ago ,while theres hope, i wont give up 

Tanguy was a totally different kettle of fish and I've only been back a couple of weeks after three years away so I certainly wasn't saying the same thing about him a few months ago anywhere to anybody.

José had a word with Ndombele and he responded to it maturely and positively. Now he is reaping the rewards for his efforts. We have no idea what is going on inside the inner sanctum of the club/ dressing room but clearly Mourinho is not getting the responses he was looking for from Alli.

I really do have the greatest appreciation for your opinion on this matter but we must respectfully agree to disagree. Tottenham have evolved but sadly Dele is still in the time warp of when he was the young exciting new prospect at the club. It's crunch time for him and personally I think that he needs a change of scenery in order to kick start his now floundering career.

14 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

I share your opinion Audere.

Dele cost little, has given good service previously, suffered injuries that affected his career and was subject to A Managerial change in the midst of his reintroduction to the squad. I think he was guilty of being affected by outside influences.

Tanguy has not proved himself yet. A very high priced signing that showed a bad attitude as one of our highest paid players and was a terrible role model to the remainder of the squad. His appearances suggest he might be on the way back. He will need to excel for the next few years to justify Transfer fee and Wage.

When you take into account Transfer Fees, Wages, Performance to Date Delenis way ahead. If he can recover something like previous form he could even have a better Sale Value.

i also think this is the season where these questions will be answered.....My heart wants Dele to come good but my head says it's unlikely. Shame!!!!

15 hours ago, Borodin said:

Tanguy was a totally different kettle of fish and I've only been back a couple of weeks after three years away so I certainly wasn't saying the same thing about him a few months ago anywhere to anybody.

José had a word with Ndombele and he responded to it maturely and positively. Now he is reaping the rewards for his efforts. We have no idea what is going on inside the inner sanctum of the club/ dressing room but clearly Mourinho is not getting the responses he was looking for from Alli.

I really do have the greatest appreciation for your opinion on this matter but we must respectfully agree to disagree. Tottenham have evolved but sadly Dele is still in the time warp of when he was the young exciting new prospect at the club. It's crunch time for him and personally I think that he needs a change of scenery in order to kick start his now floundering career.

so unless youre here you dont talk about Spurs ?  (couldnt resist that ;-)  ) 

I got total respect for your views too and all others , i love it here cos of that and this is quoting your post but talking and replying to all

Tanguy has taken 12 months to start to come good attitude wise hopefully consistently having come in on big money and should have been setting far better examples, who knows maybe Dele saw him come in with his poor lazy attitude, still taking home £200k  a week whilst feigning injuries and thought WTF should I try so hard and i totally agree 

Youre all willing to forgive Tanguy despite him not yet delivering to Spurs yet ,yet not willing to give Dele the same opportunity or time or understanding despite all hes already done for us, whys that, cos hes young and precocious , cos he posted something 'wrong' on social media? 

Some of Deles best goals video were from less than a year ago, since then theres been lockdown, hes had  issues, and yes is probably struggling with some things, but lets just throw him on the scrap heap . Are you all so perfect that youve never had issues, mental, phsyical ,, emotional ?   i have issues every time we play!!!! 

3 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

so unless youre here you dont talk about Spurs ?  (couldnt resist that ;-)  ) 

I got total respect for your views too and all others , i love it here cos of that and this is quoting your post but talking and replying to all

Tanguy has taken 12 months to start to come good attitude wise hopefully consistently having come in on big money and should have been setting far better examples, who knows maybe Dele saw him come in with his poor lazy attitude, still taking home £200k  a week whilst feigning injuries and thought WTF should I try so hard and i totally agree 

Youre all willing to forgive Tanguy despite him not yet delivering to Spurs yet ,yet not willing to give Dele the same opportunity or time or understanding despite all hes already done for us, whys that, cos hes young and precocious , cos he posted something 'wrong' on social media? 

Some of Deles best goals video were from less than a year ago, since then theres been lockdown, hes had  issues, and yes is probably struggling with some things, but lets just throw him on the scrap heap . Are you all so perfect that youve never had issues, mental, phsyical ,, emotional ?   i have issues every time we play!!!! 

I think we have to give respect to the management team at the club regarding these matters. We sit back in our armchairs and watch TV or read newspapers and form an opinion based on pure hearsay. You and I have no real idea what meetings/ discussions have taken place between Jose, Levy and Deli regarding his performances and attitude just as we are totally ignorant of what took place in Ndombele's situation.

What we do know is that whilst Tanguy now seems to be regarded as a valued team member Dele is receiving quite the opposite treatment. That is not a decision someone has taken just out of spite or dislike for the lad, it is one which is considered to be in the best interests of the team and it's desire for success. So what consclusions can we draw from those facts ?

One is inclined to think that Ndombele responded positively to the criticisms raised against him and took the appropriate measures to rectify the situation and convince Jose he could contribute something to the team. It is only fair to then speculate that Dele has not responded in a similar manner and has done little to convince Mourinho or Levy that he intends to fight for his place in the squad.

Perhaps the lad does have 'issues' as you say but in the mercenary world of top professional football the manager has the task of selecting the best side he has available to win matches. He cannot play Deli hoping the lad will tame his demons and eventually snap out of it. There just isn't time to take that risk. Maybe Alli needs counselling or some form of cognitive therapy before being gradually reintroduced into the reserves and then possibly the first team again. If that's the case I am sure the club would try to make suitable arrangements.

You cannot direct any anger or frustration for what's happening to him at the fans. They are only reacting to what they see because they really know nothing about what is going on behind the scenes. All we know is Ndombele had problems but now he's being considered for selection again and is improving performance wise with every appearance (IMO). We also know that Deli was frozen out of the first team and when given opportunities to play could not have impressed enough to earn a second chance.

Everyone draws their own conclusions from those facts. Any other stories are just that, rumours and gossip.

In short, I put my faith in the manager to do what is best for the club and it's chances of winning a trophy or title and if that means him picking Ndombele and never selecting Alli again then so be it.