Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Hojbjerg My Hero

Mourinho picked out Spurs midfielder Hojbjerg for special praise and hailed him as a “phenomenal player”.

“Pierre is, first of all, very intelligent. He reads the game very well. He’s going to be a coach one day, for sure,” Mourinho told journalists.

“He’s a pain, asking questions about why we do this and why we do that. On the pitch, he reads the situation very, very well and the people that surround him are really compact, they read the game.

“Physically he’s very, very strong and technically he’s much better than people think. Because sometimes people think the guy that is good technically is the guy that does the backheel. The guy that is good technically is the guy that does something wonderful. But these are not my words. These are words from coaches of 30, 40 years ago. Simplicity is genius.

“And the guy is so simple in everything he does with the ball. And I think he’s a phenomenal player. Congratulations, Mr. Levy”

For me the guy is a monster on the pitch and controls the midfield by setting such a great example for the others to emulate. He is every manager's dream, solid, reliable and with the heart of a lion. He may not grab the headlines but as someone who lives in the 'engine room' of the team he is becoming irreplaceable. Southampton must be looking at him play now and scratching their heads but a lot of his performance levels are down to Mourinho too. He has tapped into the guy's personality and has him totally motivated and hyped up for every match. He must be one of the first names on the team sheet now and rightly so.

On 12/7/2020 at 1:00 PM, Borodin said:

Mourinho picked out Spurs midfielder Hojbjerg for special praise and hailed him as a “phenomenal player”.

“Pierre is, first of all, very intelligent. He reads the game very well. He’s going to be a coach one day, for sure,” Mourinho told journalists.

“He’s a pain, asking questions about why we do this and why we do that. On the pitch, he reads the situation very, very well and the people that surround him are really compact, they read the game.

“Physically he’s very, very strong and technically he’s much better than people think. Because sometimes people think the guy that is good technically is the guy that does the backheel. The guy that is good technically is the guy that does something wonderful. But these are not my words. These are words from coaches of 30, 40 years ago. Simplicity is genius.

“And the guy is so simple in everything he does with the ball. And I think he’s a phenomenal player. Congratulations, Mr. Levy”

For me the guy is a monster on the pitch and controls the midfield by setting such a great example for the others to emulate. He is every manager's dream, solid, reliable and with the heart of a lion. He may not grab the headlines but as someone who lives in the 'engine room' of the team he is becoming irreplaceable. Southampton must be looking at him play now and scratching their heads but a lot of his performance levels are down to Mourinho too. He has tapped into the guy's personality and has him totally motivated and hyped up for every match. He must be one of the first names on the team sheet now and rightly so.

I agree, slowly becoming a favourite of mine to! 
His ability to get the ball in our half and keep possession is unreal... for years we cried for a purely defensive midfielder that’s can play a forward pass and now we have it ... there was potential for Dier and Winks to fit that role but Hoijberg obviously understands this role not like many others.

He keeps the shape of our team intact and knows how to adjust himself to fit new game plans... any young defensive midfielders should really look to Hoijberg as a role model 

COYS

He's awesome which is why I switched my avatar to him! Such a rock on the field, I think a lot of our defensive improvement can be credited to him. He's always moving people into the right positions and he always executes his responsibilities well. Such a great player.

I could watch this video all day long.... without a doubt signing this guy was a master stroke

Definitely like to have some cover for the guy, just so he can have a break now and again but he will have to be some player to try to fill his boots on the pitch.

10 hours ago, Borodin said:

I could watch this video all day long.... without a doubt signing this guy was a master stroke

Definitely like to have some cover for the guy, just so he can have a break now and again but he will have to be some player to try to fill his boots on the pitch.

Agreed ! Winks could never... 

COYS