Spurs Web
Borodin

Bale Out Again For "A Few Weeks"

I'm afraid all the initial excitement of his return has now abated and we are left with the harsh reality of the player who has now come back compared to the mega star who left.

Whilst I fully accepted I would never again see those lightning fast attacking surges that had the World's best defences in disarray I had hoped to see Gareth in a better physical condition than it now appears he is in. By now I would have thought he had 90 minutes inside him, not every week but certainly if selected to play he would be coming off only at the final whistle.

It was a wonderful media and marketing ploy to have the prodigal son return and the supporters lapped it up but now we are seeing today's Gareth Bale in the cold light of day. It is obvious that Jose intends to use him as a 'game changer' when things aren't going according to plan but this proneness he has for niggling injuries suggests he'll be spending more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.

Contractually he is here for just the one season so his time in a Spurs shirt could be over very soon. Let's hope that this latest setback is his last and he can return to something of his old self within the next few weeks.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1377679/Tottenham-news-Jose-Mourinho-Gareth-Bale-injury-Fulham-Premier-League

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9095421/Gareth-Bale-ruled-weeks-calf-issue-Tottenham-star-suffers-injury.html

3 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

he was over rated anyway, yeh he was great in our CL run on the break V Inter and of course other times that season  (Actually would be ideal for Joses plans but hes too slow now)  but not that great a player and stupid hairstyle

Shame tho he deserves more 

I hope RM are contributing to he wages. 

I know it is hindsight, but it is looking like a massive mistake. Firstly, it should have been quite obvious that his so few games over the last 2 years would have seriously dulled his ability. Secondly, surely our medical team knew his perennial injuries were such that we wouldn't get anywhere near as much game time from him

It is sad it hasn't worked out, but it will not turn out to be the wonderful return e all hoped for. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

he was over rated anyway, yeh he was great in our CL run on the break V Inter and of course other times that season  (Actually would be ideal for Joses plans but hes too slow now)  but not that great a player and stupid hairstyle

Shame tho he deserves more 

Over rated? Are you serious?

5 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

It's very sad really. I still hope he can get himself fit for our run in

Sadly, Crom. The situation with Both Bale and Mourinho is that they were brought in on past glories. For the last couple of years neither have been producing their past best. 

It is easy to be wise after the event, and in no way am I suggesting a mistake was made. On the face of it they looked good deals. It is not definite yet that it will not be as good as we hoped for, but we can't rule out that it may turn out to be a decision that didn't bring all that was hoped for. 

COYS 

16 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

Over rated? Are you serious?

yes serious,  over rated when we sold him , happily for us,  but he really want in the Ronaldo /Messi bracket yet the dumb fee (at the time) suggested he was 

He done great for us especially that one season  but he was never going to come back here and make the change the media suggested he might 

1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

yes serious,  over rated when we sold him , happily for us,  but he really want in the Ronaldo /Messi bracket yet the dumb fee (at the time) suggested he was 

He done great for us especially that one season  but he was never going to come back here and make the change the media suggested he might 

Very true. A good sale  even if the money received was largely wasted ( where was Jose when we needed him).

i said a few months ago he might score a few pretty goals to satisfy his old fans but his lack of match fitness, willingness to perform within a squad structure, tendency to minor injury and probably most important the disrespect he showed to Real Madrid and their fans did not augur well for a return to Spurs. Attitude is very important.

What is it about football fans that they cannot recognise that above average players reach their peak and then there is only slow decline. Bale and Eriksen perfect examples of those suitable for the second tier of the premiership where they might have temporary occasional impact. No good for the future of an aspirational Spurs.

30 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Didn’t waste to much ,,Hugo,,,verts,toby,ericksen,lamela,,,,the rest we sold for profits 

I bow to your superior knowledge if they were all purchased with the Bale money. My old affected memory had failed names like Soldado and others who done nothing and were quietly moved out of the back door. Has Lamelas high fee and many years wages really justified his purchase. He arrived as a Star and never proved it. His career of injuries suggest he has had the best of any contract with Spurs.

They all get injured mate ,,some more than others ,,,and every team in the world buy donkeys,,Barca brought courthino from Liverpool for £142 million they also paid £100 million for dembelle who is injured a lot ,,,our bad buys are a lot cheaper,,soldado was part aswell forgot him .lol,,and nacer chadli 

It was a nice idea to bring Gareth back and I for one was all for it. I'm glad he came, but there is no place for sentiment in football.

If it's possible we should send him back so his place in our squad can be taken by someone less injury prone who will be available for every game. 

COYS