Spurs Web
Borodin

Dele Not For Sale/Loan...or is he ?

The club has stated clearly that the guy is not for sale or loan in January, yet rumours abound that this is a tactical ploy. Spurs do not see a future for Dele Alli, and are simply seeking to create an environment whereby the player isn’t seen as devalued, because he’s surplus to requirements.

The Guardian noted :

The 24-year-old was down to feature in the Fulham game, but against opposition perceived as tougher, Leeds United, Alli was pulled. Our understanding is that there are trust issues, and Spurs want to tread carefully, in order to safeguard their interests. Additionally, Dele is said to be training just fine and causing no disruption.

According to the reports the club is unwilling to let him leave either on loan or on a permanent basis as he could be needed for midfield depth in the second half of the season. Spurs are still in four competitions and are saying they will need a deep squad if they wish to make deep runs in all of them.

So how much is this genuinely Tottenham’s position on Dele ?. Jose Mourinho has clearly had multiple opportunities to let Dele play his way back into the team and hasn’t really afforded him the opportunity. The one time he seemed to give Dele a chance, he played pretty well before Mourinho threw him under the bus for a misplayed backheel flick. I’m pretty certain that Mourinho wants him gone, and I’m also pretty sure that Dele would be happy to be afforded the opportunity to leave.

Transfers are often played out in the media and I think that’s what’s happening here. If Tottenham come out and say that Dele is available, he’ll attract a bunch of interest but likely either on loan with an option to purchase, or a depressed transfer fee. With Dele still in contract at Spurs for the next three years, it would make little sense for Spurs to sell low.

Denying any intention to deal could be a cynical ploy to increase the price of a future bid, or it could be Daniel Levy hedging on the possibility that Dele could outlast Mourinho’s tenure in charge of the club. Either way, I wouldn’t take this report at face value. Dele very well could stay at Spurs past the January window, but that doesn’t mean he won’t eventually be moved on in the medium future.

29 minutes ago, Borodin said:

The club has stated clearly that the guy is not for sale or loan in January, yet rumours abound that this is a tactical ploy. Spurs do not see a future for Dele Alli, and are simply seeking to create an environment whereby the player isn’t seen as devalued, because he’s surplus to requirements.

The Guardian noted :

The 24-year-old was down to feature in the Fulham game, but against opposition perceived as tougher, Leeds United, Alli was pulled. Our understanding is that there are trust issues, and Spurs want to tread carefully, in order to safeguard their interests. Additionally, Dele is said to be training just fine and causing no disruption.

According to the reports the club is unwilling to let him leave either on loan or on a permanent basis as he could be needed for midfield depth in the second half of the season. Spurs are still in four competitions and are saying they will need a deep squad if they wish to make deep runs in all of them.

So how much is this genuinely Tottenham’s position on Dele ?. Jose Mourinho has clearly had multiple opportunities to let Dele play his way back into the team and hasn’t really afforded him the opportunity. The one time he seemed to give Dele a chance, he played pretty well before Mourinho threw him under the bus for a misplayed backheel flick. I’m pretty certain that Mourinho wants him gone, and I’m also pretty sure that Dele would be happy to be afforded the opportunity to leave.

Transfers are often played out in the media and I think that’s what’s happening here. If Tottenham come out and say that Dele is available, he’ll attract a bunch of interest but likely either on loan with an option to purchase, or a depressed transfer fee. With Dele still in contract at Spurs for the next three years, it would make little sense for Spurs to sell low.

Denying any intention to deal could be a cynical ploy to increase the price of a future bid, or it could be Daniel Levy hedging on the possibility that Dele could outlast Mourinho’s tenure in charge of the club. Either way, I wouldn’t take this report at face value. Dele very well could stay at Spurs past the January window, but that doesn’t mean he won’t eventually be moved on in the medium future.

Let's hope this isn't going to run on like an Erikson Saga it's ridiculous if you're not going to play a player release him let him go go let him play Somewhere or at least tell the fans what's going on?

On the discussion of playing players as well what was the point of signing roden I don't understand playing Sanchez when we got someone in the team who could be more reliable for the future?

It must be a negotiation tactic, they can't really turn down a fair offer for a player they have no intention of using. My guess is that it's just posturing.

For me, I just cannot understand why the way this player is being handled in the way that is happening. Even if Dele has been a bit truculent with JM, it begs the question, 'How did this situation get so out of control with a senior player. 

If the reason he is not even getting on the bench is an irreversible fall out between manager and player, there is nothing to be gained by the club keeping him on the books. If the reason can be reconciled, then I think a loan to PSG is the most sensible. If he gets a fair amount of game time including CL matches it may will get his mojo back. Being on loan he can come back and resume being a valuable asset. If he doesn't shine then we have the proof the best thing is to move him on. 

COYS 

As you all are aware I really rate Dele  always have always will,  the kid can play, has played very very well for us many times, even last season he was good , he covers the gorund, tackles back, often covered the most KMs in each match for us, loved sticking it to Chelsea and perhaps most importantly i honestly think a lot of the other players that have been here a while too miss him , I like Lucas too but Id rather have Dele starting and Lucas to come on if needed and abuse his pace 

Dele back in training after recent layoff :

https://tbrfootball.com/jose-mourinho-says-100k-a-week-spurs-ace-returned-to-team-training-yesterday-first-time-in-a-while/

Tottenham Hotspur boss Jose Mourinho has revealed that Dele Alli was back in training with the team yesterday for the first time in a while.

Alli has struggled for game time under Mourinho this season, with just 12 competitive appearances totalling 472 minutes, and one Premier League start, back in September.

The England international’s last appearance came in the FA Cup third-round win over Marine on 10 January.

Let's hope he gets his chance to redeem himself very soon......and takes it.

3 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Sometimes and good old fashioned row gets things straight,,,then kissing and make up after lol then it’s all smiles 

With a female maybe, but not with any of my pub mates. I'd end up in A & E :6:

On 2/10/2021 at 1:59 PM, Mr8ball said:

Sometimes and good old fashioned row gets things straight,,, then kissing and make up after lol then it’s all smiles 

I suppose it works for some, but the danger is the one who loses the argument (as it is unlikely it will end in agreement) may sulk for days. then the may well bring the subject up again to try and win the argument. 

I tend to agree with Borodin. I feel it is safer to let the other half win and kiss and make up before the tiff gets out of hand.  LOL

COYS